SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

I caught your healing vibes AliG!  It must be your birthday. :)

Super duper excellent day today!  And......feeling confident I can keep it going........I just did some sprinkler adjustments and found a whole bunch of things that I need to fix and want to........emphasis on the want to.........do it myself it ness on a few projects.

Probably the Tazo tea effect on me again.  Sure love that stuff.

Definitely Casper......my higher power.

Lovely weather here in paradise.  Low 80's.......winds that often sound like the ocean if I close my eyes.  Alternating with lightening storms that if I am in the right viewing spot can be an amazing show of nature.  I thought my car was getting hit with bullets the other day while driving.......turned out to be a brief, high impact hail storm........followed by full clearing and morning beauty.

The racoon who was visiting moved on.......hopefully not in........they often nest in the fireplace shaft or walls or above ceiling areas.........I really don't think it had an in to do that though.  Rocky visited the threshold of my garage twice though.  The deer are still traveling.  The bushes are filling in.  Betsey Ross is due for her annual shave of her coat and groom as well as shots.

Just......a good, good, decent day.  Yay.  My second thirty day chip since starting AA last late summer/early fall.......which I wasn't even going to collect........but glad I did........was better.......at least different from the first one........a muted maroon with a bit more weight to it and different texture.  My first was a really shiny red one.  So it was worth the slight stress of having to get up to get it and the hug and then say something about how I did it.......I was still shaky and humbled after spending time with my sponsor(one of them) and working, working the steps and program with new eyes.  Didn't say much but thank you.

Joy was a good movie.......redbox new release.  Jennifer Lawrence had the lead and was great.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Well yah.....this is tough.  "They" are starting to say forget everything else I learned.......coping, etc.  My AA pals.  Keep it simple and stupid- KISS.......can add smart azz.

Grateful for 7 hours of sleep.  Food to eat.  A roof over my head.  Green in the mountains now, plenty of water in the streams and reservoirs  Cars that run.  Money in the bank.  SA.  AA.  Hip flexor pain that is now relieved.  Patience shown toward me.  Tears.  Laughter.  The wisdom of others.  Casper my higher power.   My one cup of mocha coffee.   Day 33 begins.  Grant me the serenity......... 

About a year off the salts.  20 mos. off escitalopram.  And many more.

Searching and fearless..........inventory so far in my head......

So much of "my story" started with alcohol and addiction........I will keep going..........with the program.........  Try and try and try some more to get a few more practical things taken care of..............

Grant me the serenity............... 

Doris was an okay movie.  Redbox rental.  Reminded me a bit too much of me.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Well......a "wilderness" group was in one of the rooms today.......younger people.  They apparently go in and out of some wilderness areas and then back to town for meetings on occasion.  Many of the youth from the East Coast so that was nice.

So......my new plan.....lol.........Wilderness Withdrawal Experiences for the 55 and overs......age wise.  I'll take you of course into the program if younger......natural food gatherers or something........runners........baggage carriers?  Weighers and measurers of dosages for slow titration?   I imagine I could charge a hefty rate and all.  I will call it the WWE!

It's not so bad.....the meetings, the program........equal parts sold on their diagnosis and psycho medications as those who are not so unlike me.......having come off some of the stuff I got so dependent on......plus the realization of the addict/alcoholic mind at such a late date.   So.......room for educating and/or referral here......while others I just must let be or share my experience only.  My medications created a dependent situation(prior to knowledge gained mostly here)  and the herb, well........and alcohol in the past.........addictive type stuff.  Just to be clear.  Heck.....the medications could have created in me the alcoholic mind type.......who knows?  Anyway......helpful.......the program and thankful.  Very thankful.

Good enough.  Peaceful, serene.

.......maybe to a Sundance too!!!!!  Native American cool ceremony.  And rescheduled for a therapy appointment coming soon.

Another good day.

Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus

mmt - I read a really interesting book about the placebo effect. Cure: a journey into the science of the mind by Jo Marchant. I was able to borrow it as an ebook from my local library.

Well, nothing at the library......and my library does now have ebooks too.  I haven't tried an ebook yet though.....and I could probably get one of the younger or more technology advanced staff there to help me get it on my phone for the allotted time period.  .  I did find it, Cure, on Amazon for only $12.00 with shipping......not too bad, may do that or see if it's at one of the bookstores and hang on out reading it there.....if so......if it is.

I do have a Pema Chodrun book on my phone anyway.......unfortunately I have to be online to read it now.......at one point it downloaded from google play but I can no longer find it in my downloads.  Probably neither here nor there........just an example of my difficulties with technology at times.......and it does get tedious reading from the smallish screen of my somewhat large smart phone or while sitting at my desktop.  I guess I am complaining here.

Anyway......loved that you gave me a book suggest scallywag......and will do my best to at least skim through it somehow.  :)

Compassion,

MMT

• Moderator Emeritus

Question?  Can anyone suggest what I might or may or could consider doing as far as.........splitting my generic trileptal dose in 2 doses.......rather than just the 1 I take at bedtime?  Would that be further disruption to my now healing and neuroregeneration?  It would be pretty easy to do so and still stay within the no greater than 10 percent reductions now.

Doing a bit improved with the neuroemotions not being as difficult......  Just wondering though if it would keep me calmer and more meditative perhaps through the whole day better.

As it is I mix up a 2 day supply from a 150mg. tablet and use it within 2 days.  I don't think it keeps well after that......from what I have gleaned here.......if it does, enlighten me on that as well........because then.......pretty soon....... I could get three doses out of one tab liquified.  Always economizing.......lol.  I do use a plastic container to mix and store it in........the fridge.......in a brown paper sack........10 ml. oral syringes work well, they seem to have enough gradients and if need be I just round up the decreased dosage.

A fairly inspired early morning here.  The huge bluebird has some noisy babies in the trees out in back........they are huge for bird babies too!  The deer are back and I am happy to report that they like the neighbors springtime foliage as well as my mostly thriving now yew bushes.  No further sighting of Rocky raccoon.......which is nice I suppose........wondering though if he has nested somewhere in my attic or something though........  Still somewhat stray cat hanging back about and it hasn't quite forgotten that one feeding I gave it.......but is probably doing well enough with the mice in the fields nearby.........and somewhat gives old Betsey Ross cat a bit of a friendship I think.  Thankfully I think she or he??? is out of heat now..........pheww.........that calling stuff is for the birds..........sounds more like a dying baby moaning or something.

Pretty certain that I will go to a portion of the 4 day Sundance ceremony today up in one of the canyons about an hour away.  Ahhhh......nature and new experiences!   Spiritual happy making I hope.   Happy Summer Solstice.......even to you Aussies and other hemispheres it must be kind of the same??  Even though it is now fallish and pre winter?  The longest day is today.......lightwise and all.  Yay!!!

Love, compassion,

MMT

• Moderator Emeritus

mmt: Ont this page at drugs.com on trileptal, you'll see that trileptal is often prescribed in split doses (2 a day). In fact, the first sentence is:

All dosing should be given in a twice-a-day regimen.

Hope that's helpful.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

• Moderator Emeritus

Always helpful scallywag.  I'm going to just give it more thought for now........it might be better to just keep going the way I am with it..........some am's I am letharjo enough without risking a change that might make it worse.........so........still undecided.

No Sundance but last nights moon was awesome.  I also got to my first "daze".  All the towns around here have their summertime days throughout the summer......so I thought this year I would try to hit them all.  This first one.......had a nice lunch at but did not win the essential oil diffuser that I put my name in the raffle for.  Also will try for the 2 bigger Arts festivals as well......the first of which starts later this week.

The poor associate.......owes a bundle for co-pays and deductibles after his accident, and insurance can be really lousy that way.  He did however win 2 free "covers" to go see a musician(s) in the City.

Gratitude that my now second car passed inspection without a hitch AND the A/C works well in that car........as it is getting closer to triple digit heat here.

• Moderator Emeritus

Better than just a good day today.  Spectacular comes to mind.  It just kept on getting better.  And it's hot......triple digits in the City........having a black car is not conducive to staying real cool temperature wise.  Especially once it's been sitting in the sun for any, even short period, of time.........the A/C becomes just a fan blowing slightly cooler air.

I think it was the meeting I went to at the government offices..........peer financing and other related.  A lot of mutual respect and understanding........and yah, once again, I can attest that this is a pretty good place for some progressive mental health care.........unrelated to psychoactive prescription drugs as the mainstay and that darn medical model that is so very outdated in these times.

Had a good old walk last evening too.  45 minutes.........cute, cute llama sighting and conversation with them.  And my hip flexor is still fine!!  Just fine!!!

Really good productive day.  8 hours of it........out of the once cave woman existence.  Yay!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Monday June 27th here in Paradise.  Not sure that I like Mondays as much as I used to...... :)

I am sipping my Bundaberg Blood Orange at the moment.......really good......from an Australian family owned  business.........love the pop top mates........I may take it out on the veranda momentarily.

Looking good for seeing Dr. Grace E. Jones this fall........and..........drumroll please..........she called and left me a msg.  So I guess we are playing phone tag sort of now.  She was going to call this am......but apparently Mondays can be busy/weird/crazy for others as well as me now(said sadly....as I used to love that feeling of having the whole week ahead....and will again).  Hopefully she will be covered as an out of network Dr. and I will only be responsible for 30% of charges(depends on them really now, if they accept those terms.......hope so).

I am actually feeling mostly well enough.  Therapist last week.....s'okay.  Sweet sweat lodge yesterday.  Swim today and sauna.  Out for lunch and meals with others a bit more often.  And this Aussie drink just takes the cake.

I just might do a trial of splitting my next 10 percent reduction into 2 doses.......I would go down to 50mg. total in a day but take 25 mg. in the am and 25 in the pm.  I think it might be good........I would give it the 4-6 days or so to see how I adjust.

Happy last week of June 2016.......s'okay.

Thank you all as always

Love, manymoretodays

Hi MMT-- several positive posts over several days, that's such great news. I'm so glad you're doing better.

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

((((((brassmonkey))))))) back.

I just spoke with Dr. Grace E. Jackson herself!!!  Super duper excited to go see her this fall.  Henceforth she will be called Dr. Grace.  A brief conversation but just the same I am awestruck.  Gathering information and getting that all to her by my fall appointment.  Next up after that will read some on her website.......I think she has one that btdt found. 

And will keep you all posted.......I think this is going be great.......not only for validation of my experiences, but hopefully for a physician who really gets it, and might have a lot to offer to our community here.

Awestruck.......starstruck........grateful.........happy..........hopeful.........cautiously still ecstatic

Love,

manymoretodays

p.s.  I did mention this community to her today and put it out there for consideration on her part if she would be willing to ?liase(have a liasion) a bit with us.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay........mellowed out on Dr. Grace.  Not totally sure what she might have to offer...........after  I replayed our conversation several times last night in my head.  Hoping for the best anyway.  And honestly.........just getting out of town here will be great.  It sounds like a good time to go visit my Mum as well..........

;) ^_^ :huh: :blink: :mellow: :unsure: :D :ph34r:

Hi Manymoredays. May I ask, how did you get off zyprexa and seroquel and how did you feel when you were off if you can remember.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. Tapered off final cocktail 2013-2019. For Hashimotos and high blood pressure I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. Spironolactone. Hydrochlorothiazide. Losartan. B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha,

Zyprexa.........  Ugh.  I hate to go back there.  I was started on that during what I now know was a vicious withdrawal from a MAOI antidepressant.  I had had a life threatening reaction to it and came off it over 2 weeks.  This was back in 2001 or slightly before.  I was then treated with more antidepressants........Zoloft, then a fairly high dose of Effexor along with Remeron.  This is when my brain switched quite a bit..........and I was given a bipolar diagnosis...........first "mood stabilizer" tried was Zyprexa.  It deadened my brain quite a bit, along with increasing my liver enzymes, cholesterol and triglycerides, and other general metabolic dysfunctions.  I gained a lot of weight really rapidly as well.  I probably went off it in the Dr. recommended cold turkey way and onto Seroquel after which wasn't much better.  I became a different person with an altered personality and way of being.  During this time I applied for disability as well and got it a few years later.

Seroquel, I was off and on for many years between trials of stuff like Depakote, Tegretol, Trileptal............short term ativan and klonopin(which tended to zombify me even more)..........as well as various other meds.

Coming off Seroquel the last time..........was basically cold turkey(not decreasing by 10 percent only).........I would not, could not recommend it in good conscience.  It took a long time to regain anything like normal sleep or functioning.  I was still on Lexapro only then at 5mg.  I kind of did things backwards even though by then.......the last time off.........I should have known better.  I had read and been exposed to a lot that could have saved me a lot of suffering.

I have since become more resilient.......meaning I do know I bounce back fairly well but..........I will never be able to go back to the kind of work I once did or back in time in any way and redo all the years.  I am okay with that.  I feel much more real and true to myself and my own knowledge of myself and accepting of my journey to date.   More real.

I hope that answers your question well enough and helps you with your decision making and listening to your inner spirit and all.

Thanks for asking.  My absolute best advice...........don't do what I did.........listen to the moderators here before doing anything.......... and go slow like a turtle.......

All my best,

MMT

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah........well........this to self.  Bad idea or so it seems the splitting of trileptal.  5th dose in.  50 mg. total......25mg. at 10am and 25mg. at 10 pm. 

Today.......just a nasty overwhelmed by everything day.  Will reevaluate this........what feels like dumb idea..........in 2 more days.

Just today the pits of crabby, etc.  Going to the swearing wall if I can find it.............ugh. 

Day 45 of herb and all else(alcohol) withdrawal...........come on Casper my dear friendly higher power who can take this angst and make it into good !

Trying to take care of others again and deal with a institution I resent........insurance(son's) started my day off raw and it just got worse.  May tomorrow be better.

• Moderator Emeritus

??? maybe leveling off.........me, I mean.  9th split dose today so been at it just 4.5 days.  The oxcarbazepine.  50mg. total.

Happy whatever fireworks kind of day you might want to make it for July 4th and a long weekend.  The pops and flares are presently going strong around here.  I saw some good ones last night by happenstance.  Tonights should settle down in another half hour or so.  I'm going to watch a movie down under............well in the basement now.  It's called Youth.  I keep forgetting I am nearly 59 alternating with feeling..........hmmmmm...........60 years of age?????  :mellow: :unsure: :ph34r:  Anyway.......I hope the movie is good and leaves me ageless and timeless.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well.........labwork for me next Tuesday July 12th.  So, I should be making a list.......

Of course the electrolyte panel that they do.  CBC.  Thyroid.......I think he usually does ?T3 rather than TSH.   Liver enzymes.  Cholesteral, triglycerides.

Ask about my MTHFR results from long ago, maybe a copy for me. 

Any thoughts on any reason to get the KotachromeP450.......quite certain I spelled that wrong........maybe it's cotochrome, something like that? I think medicare covers it.

D3.  Hormones-estrogen, progesterone.

Something to see how my immunities are?  And inflammation status?  Maybe in the CBC?

Ideas welcome so I go prepared.

I may get some of his Vitamin E, the good enough kind I think he has.  And think about more B's to take.  I'm just taking the B12.......cyano kind.......lol........sublingual at bedtime and once in awhile other rare occasions(more rare of late.....the neuroemo stuff).

I have also added some Trace Mineral Drops to my regimen.  It's been over a month now on those and I really do think they have helped.  Homeopathic amounts of a bunch of stuff. 

That's my list so far............ :)  

p.s.  staying with the 50mg. total oxcarbazine in 25mg. Am dose and 25mg. Pm dose.  Working on a cheaper fix for my dearer cars A/C as well.  The other car has great A/C and is thankfully running pretty well.

Doing well.......catching up a bit........ :D

Love, healing,

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

oxcarbazepine........ <_<

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh hey, the neighbors behind my fence completely adopted Major Tom and he will become a Minor Tom pretty soon.  He will be an outside cat though so I haven't lost him........he visits often and Betsey Ross cat has a nice friend now.  I have got to work on getting her hair done now, huh?    Kind of happy making type news really...............

Had a nice, real visit with the associate as well.  We are progressing, and I am proud of that son of mine.

A1C for my labs list............ to make sure I get done........next Tues. at my Dr. appointment.   CytochromeP450- hmmmm, not sure on...........I think it would be interesting to see the results, and know why I felt so overdosed on so many of those psycho meds though..........but why?  I don't know.  I mean it's not gonna help me heal any faster.

• Moderator Emeritus

A seriously good bad day.  Lab work drawn.......briefly sabotaged my relationship with my Dr., with some apologies, most likely duly un noted.  Back for results in two weeks will be my salvage day.  I hear that blood letting is all the rage now anyway.  With leeches.  Only kidding.......velly, velly cynical.

The cytochrome P 450 is an oral swab test......might be covered.......I guess I better check on that with some of my favorite people........my insurers.

Sheesh, the poor man........my Dr.  ..........primary care decent enough person.  I referred him here on something........and he insisted on going right to his computer and typing in SA.org.  Guess what came up........LOL........LOL..........sex addicts anonymous..........neither of us chuckled..........oh boy oh boy..........when redirected to type in survivingantidepressants.org............well.........that was better, so much better but time was running short..........and man........me with no coffee in yet.......also out of cigarettes..........and fasting for the 8 hours before labs...........well, try, try, try again.  No morning meditation either prior to dragging myself out to the car to drive my not so favorite freeway to be there on time.........which I wasn't............only a smidgen late though.  When he saw I was there he actually took in another patient who I assumed was a drug or multilevel supplement marketing rep. 

Needless to say........there was no "pleasure to see you mmt" greetings forthcoming.  Oh I wasn't too hard on the receptionist or his assistant, which is great that he actually has some support staff going now..........a teeny bit of a brat............well, to be honest.........a small tantrum of a child for a bit while there.  I think they actually are starting to like me though........lol.  I got to do a depression inventory at the end.......the on paper kind..........I might need to ask for a re do next visit......... :unsure:   I needed a frustration, crabby.........inventory for the 2 year old that I never got to be in my previous life I guess.  Time out in order.  And took one..........this afternoon.  What really got me........really really got to me.........was when he said......."well you told me you were manic".................I was like when, where, who?????  I am certain.........fairly certain anyway that I never told him I was manic in those words.  Once I said I thought I was over serotonined or something to that effect.  Might have used the term hypomanic there, with him at one time as well.  It simply does not matter anymore........to me..........

No further theft of their fine, fine urine spec cups for oxcarbazepine mixing.  That was good.........excellent on my part.

Right when I thought I had ceased all my battles too...........seriously...... mmt has far, far, far to go.

Thankful for now, now, now..........must run out to get more organic spinach.  Made it to a meeting and chewed up a few more locals in that less than humble way I seem to have.  Forgive me as I learn and grow.  Deflect.  Reflect.  Genuflect(I mean I should, could, might).

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffeckto.

Love, compassion, gratitude, healing to all......

p.s.  A/C on my favored car came out to be $1500.00 less than the other place and is done.......sitting lonely in a shop 45 minutes away.........Betsey cat eagerly awaits her poodle cut............and I forgot whatever else was just so important to come back for........... :blush:........oh yeah........FB wants me to update for my droid and my desktop sounds like it is ready to combust soon................ <_< 

• Moderator Emeritus

:P Love your writing.  Glad you can find the humour in all this!

2010  Fluoxetine 20mg.  2011  Escitalopram 20mg.  2013 Tapered badly and destabilised CNS.  Effexor 150mg. 

2015 Begin using info at SurvivingAntidepressants.  Cut 10% - bad w/d 2 months, held 1 month. 

Micro-tapering: four weekly 0.4% cuts, hold 4 weeks (struggling with symptoms).

8 month hold.

2017 Micro-tapering: four weekly 1% cuts, hold 4 weeks (symptoms almost non-existent).

2020 Still micro-tapering. Just over 2/3 of the way off effexor. Minimal symptoms, - and sleeping well.
Supplements: Fish oil, vitamin C, iron, oat-straw tea, nettle tea.

2023 Now on 7 micro-beads of Effexor. Minimal symptoms but much more time needed between drops.

'The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists.'  Dr Gabor Mate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks KarenB.  Somedays I can somedays I can't........as far as the humor goes.  Life goes on.  Glad I am still around.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'll try purple.  That should help.  Purple, purple, purple.

Sheesh.  60 days.  I do still use real mouthwash.  Of course I don't drink it or anything.  The natural stuff just foams on up and makes me gag.  I forgot the hose was on last evening..........probably will have to pay a fortune in culinary water usage now and how wasteful is that?  So.......I guess I should collect my chip and continue mute as much as possible everywhere.  Oh, I do have therapy next week..........turn it on over to her.

I figured something out.  This before age 5 thing.  From talking to my Mum awhile ago and something my sister said.........well, so..........no big deal.  Everyone has their sheet stuff, right?  Or something.  Better to chew it all up and just spit it out forever.  Not bother anyone with it. 

And now I have to hostess a baby shower.  Pffft.  Thrilled.  I want to just play rap music or something and we can all dance like no one is watching.  I'm just worried about the money again.  And have zero creative fun energy.  And actually am holding on to some bitter resentments toward this woman.  I'm just not sure I can do it.  So I will ask for some human help on it today.  Again.  I feel muted.  Listening, listening.........to the same people tell these long stories and share their stuff over and over.  And I don't wanna.........talk............anymore.  Well........sometimes more than muted..........sometimes I just want to hide under the covers forever again.  I haven't totally folded and I probably won't but it sure is tempting.

Anyway.......on the money..........worried I will spend too much putting the shower together.  Will.........try..........to........keep........it...........simple............  I don't even have her invite list yet or wish list or any of that...........but she wants it in a couple of weeks.............I don't even have the date yet..............for the shower............I guess she will get that to me when she can.

Humble pie.  Humility.  It is not "eating crow"...........and I do not have it.  However, I still have a lot of fears...........my baggage is so heavy. 

Got my favored car back complete with A/C.  I'll only have to budget just a little tighter next month and take a little more from dwindling savings.  I won't run out of money.  I won't completely break down.

The associate did a nice job mowing.  And watching the Tour de France.............or something like that.

Have some pleasant weekends everybody.  On me...........  Hopefully my working weekend warrior will come on out to play.  I'm tired though.  Very tired.

• Moderator Emeritus

Great day afterall.  Sorry bout that........above.  :)

• Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes things get worse before they get better.........and............I saw some beautiful sky early this morning and there was a brief cloudburst of rain yesterday.

I got to therapy.  Ate.  Slept some.  Prayed a little bit.  Showered and all that and got dressed yesterday.  Traffic was bad going to the city........well it was normal given the time of day.  Got myself home just fine and out once more for a sandwich.

This weekend is another fireworks holiday around here and family gathering time.  The neighbors are getting a new roof now.  So.......the upside is that hopefully the roofers will be quiet after friday.  The fireworks were tough last time around.........which is new...........never bothered me before.  Probably no inipi either and just bunches of family cookouts and such.  That's nice.

I think I am at 48mg. with the oxcarbazepine now.......3.2 ml. twice a day.  I'm not going to switch back to once a day but I want to.  Amazingly.......not a lot of physical going on........as far as symptoms..........some of that "crepitus" in my head briefly...........some general stiffness of limbs..........occasional light and sound sensitivity.  Neuroemotions briefer anyway.........

A neighbor came to visit with another neighbor.  I guess we'll maybe walk together someday.  She's a law professor and we seemed to hit it off okay.  The city is doing some survey on my deer friends.  I guess I have about 8 regulars now..........my deer friends..........I thought I just had 3.........and I think maybe it's 2 generations now of them.  I hope they won't hurt them in any way or hunt them.  I think that would break my heart even more.

I shall try to remain open however to whatever.  I think I am being taught "tough Love" now from my AA friends and "discipline"............maybe not.........I don't know much..........I'm tired........but going to keep plugging along.........I might have said that already..........forgive me if that's the case.

Okay, thanks for the space as always.

Compassion, kindness, Love, peace and whatever else you might need today,

mmt

So........plugging along............Casper with me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Greetings...... :)

Well the Inipi of yesterday was nice.........and I have been told that this day after thing can be sort of like a hangover..........and the heat is on........here, in Paradise.

So much progress to be thankful for despite the "hangover" AND heat.  I enjoyed some fireworks........yes, enjoyed.  The food is still pretty great around these parts as well.

Tomorrow, back to the Dr. for my labwork results.

Just asking for a couple simple things really.  That I do not jump and purchase any further supplements based on his recommendations immediately.  That I get copies of all labwork, as well as a copy of the MTHFR results done quite awhile ago.  And that I share with him the areas on this site.......on paper.........that he could go to(or his assistant) to read more so that he/they may better help me going forward..........also that they may be teachable in this regard.........

A teeny bit anxious about it, the appointment..........

Otherwise, all is well.

Thank you all.  For any universal good intentions/rooting for this one to stay in good health and spirit.

Love,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

mmt - You're legally entitled to your medical records; your doc shouldn't put up any fuss about that.  In fact, s/he may be delighted that you are active and engaged in your health care.  Wishing your doctor empathy and good listening skills.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

I always ask for copies of my lab work, test results, x-rays etc. and have never had a problem getting them.  It's a good idea to keep your own files especially if you end up "doctor shopping" every once in a while". Plus printouts of the x-rays make wonderful Halloween decorations.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

mmt - You're legally entitled to your medical records; your doc shouldn't put up any fuss about that.  In fact, s/he may be delighted that you are active and engaged in your health care.  Wishing your doctor empathy and good listening skills.

Thank you scally.  Yah, it went okay.  I got the most recent results and also the MTHFR results........I am just looking at that one and not really clear what type I am.......it's not the full result on paper that I remember(that I do have somewhere). 

I think he does have good empathy and listening and I left him with some areas here to go to to read more.........his assistant or himself.  Not feeling like he will though.......at the moment anyway.  I am doing well enough and still thankful for this health and spirit and mental capabilities I have rediscovered in myself.

I always ask for copies of my lab work, test results, x-rays etc. and have never had a problem getting them.  It's a good idea to keep your own files especially if you end up "doctor shopping" every once in a while". Plus printouts of the x-rays make wonderful Halloween decorations.

Thanks brassmonkey as well.  I am pretty healthy.  :)   My thyroid T3 and T4 were good.  My TSH was just very slightly elevated.  Slightly.  So........will.........try 1/2...........of .........a 30mg. tablet.........of the Armour type(pig I think).........oink, oink.........and see if my energy/fatigue is better.  Sleep is generally okay.  I had a "relapse" dream this morning that I am still a bit recovering from.........as well as other stuff that has come up of the feeling/emotional variety.........but it is.........just the same.......it IS.  I can't complain.

I just didn't get the impression that he would/could be fully on board with what I am doing......have done..........but that he would continue to support me in any way he could............good person, good Dr............alas....... -_- ...........

I have some.......only 2 or 3 x-rays at the local hospital..........the most recent being my wrist from........hmmmm, a year and 1/2 ago.......sprain.

Oh, as far as any inflammation red flags go from lab results..........there were none!!!!  I rejoice in that today!!!!!

Thank you both for the input.  I really appreciate it!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yah.....no prediabetes or diabetes.  Hormones good.  Cholesterol a little high but ?LDL and HDL were fine.  I had been eating alot of eggs......will cut on back now.  I didn't redo my depression on paper screen.......I was honestly more just a tad crabby that day.........hungry, easily annoyed, etc.

Getting this baby shower thing under control and more time in the canyons, mountains, and even wild desert areas too.

Going to try and work on some computer skills and some self study stuff for my credentials and back on the job hunt soonish...........

Almost got Betsey Ross cat to the vet.......they wouldn't give me sedation for her unless I did her shots, etc.  As we got ready to go she escaped and royally scratched me........so will try again next week or maybe another vet.  Major Tom cat still seems a bit Major lately.  The deer hang out.  Angel Merlene is caring for her hubs now in that great way she has.......sure hope he improves soon.  And I am cooking more......it's fun........I can't keep up with the eating out too frequently........it gets costly.  Berries and fruit being shared around here too.......pretty nice.

Almost got to Yoga tonight.......I best just do some on my own.  Swim and walking/hiking.  Looks like I might just hike with the past mayor on a long one during the daze here in town.  He always gets everyone up and down Aokay.  It will be funny if he doesn't do the hike this year.........now that I am ready for it........somewhat.........

• Moderator Emeritus

Your posts about swimming in the evenings have got me investigating nearby pools. Thanks!

scallywag's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

It's the best.....you'll like it.  I plan on including a swimming pool/lake/feature full of epsom salts in my 55 and over wilderness withdrawal experience setting.  Of course anyone is welcome there.

I am only getting there about once a week now but doing about a quarter mile and lot's of stretching/ROM/floating.  :blink:

• Moderator Emeritus

Purple sage

Amethyst

Awesome awareness

..........and into the first week of my 59th year

Man oh man or oh boy........seems

I take alot of supplements

Wondering about this thyroid thing??

Where it's JUST the slight increase of TSH and normal/good T3 and T4

Hmmmm.........

Guess I will talk with my Dr.'s assistant soon

And.......wondering if it might be transient? 

Or due to a lab fluke?

Or a reversible adverse reaction to some medication

I took this Armour once before........sometime

And then didn't and it was normal again.......my thyroid

Pausing to ponder and hope of healing

Some days

I am healed

Recovered

Thankful for so much

The associate is cool and good

Summer Olympics is fun to watch

The cat awaits her lighter coat

Poor dear.......so hot and matted......her stylist should be in this week....... :)

Babies......newborns........one out

And one to come.........real soon

I hope he waits until his shower is over

Much gratitude

Just enough cash to get on by and by

And a bit extra I think

The food is still good

And fresh

Yoga poses

Remembered how to breathe again

Swim mmt, swim

Walk/hike/jog

Gonna get some new boots!

To hike in

.........yet barefoot is often best or the good old, great flips........shall try some heels too!

Awaiting my steak dinner soon....... :) 

I mean, not tonight.........soon

Love, peace, a really fine day!  Week, Life

mmt

Hey MMT.  You sound like all is well in your world right now.  :)  You seem to be through your wave.  Are you saying your thyroid numbers have improved due to natural Armour thyroid supplementation ?

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Moderator Emeritus

I have only been on this wee amount of Armour natural pig thyroid supplementation for a bit over a week now.  I won't go in to get a follow up test for 6 mos. or so.

I just wonder..........is it due to the trilept/oxcarbazepine???  The TSH increase?   Maybe when I tried this stuff before it was due to a medication like it.........  I wish I could remember.  Maybe my Doctor's assistant can go on back through my records and see?

These questions and many many more  :)

Yes, all is well in my world.  I do have a not so good day every now and then.........quickly forgotten and maybe shortly after a downward titration of the oxcarb......

How are you Ali???????  Update please......just the general if you want........hit me with a msg.    Sending love, Love, love........oh, and healing, healing, healing.........neuroregeneration, baby!!!!

mmt

"..........and into the first week of my 59th year"

So I guess birthday wishes are in order.....

Happy Birthday MMT!!!!!!