☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't speak a lot there either.  It's often in the before or after meeting conversations.   It's really an outside issue and political........and so.  I assume you have been versed in the traditions of AA.     I don't like to even go when I am tearful emotionally........although it's safe for that too.  Very different from the mental health/illness support groups I used to attend.  It's like reverse psychology I often say.

Although our(here)  medication/drug dependencies, and the withdrawal process/coping is quite different from alcoholism/addiction, for me there are certain overlaps.  And I have as yet, found no W/D groups to attend........not quite ready to start one  on my own.  It's been good for me.  The 12 steps.  The spiritual.  The community.  And I have made some friends who support my withdrawal and at least somewhat "get it".

I met a young gal yesterday evening early in her recovery from heroin.  Gave her a ride back to her sober living.  She had quit her Zoloft after a short time of usage.  And so.......I could tell her that some of her anxiety could be from that, W/D, and to hang on........that it would pass in time.........and gently suggest some coping.  Amazing how many youth I have met who are NOT buying into the medication myth or chemical imbalance myth........so proud of them.   So it's a good place to carefully share this part(my goodbye to psychiatry and medications) of my story(at after the meeting meetings and carefully, cautiously).  I don't want anyone to think they should just CT, which definitely could cause harm, if they don't realize the whats and whys of whats happening.  It's a good opportunity to teach a little, or refer to a book or here.  In this case she was only on Zoloft briefly and had already come off of it. 

Thanks PB.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

And yay.......maybe a Sweat Lodge/Inipi manana.  And then hopefully off to the Church of my Choice, or several, for Advent..........4 Sundays I think and then Christmas is on a Tuesday this year.  I'll start that next Sunday.......maybe.    I've been eyeing those little trees outside the markets.......they are still pricey and it's way too early to bring one home.  They sure smell nice.  I could/would/might/maybe put some creative lights outside, as it is still peaking in the 60's Fahrenheit..........we'll see.  Plenty of collected decor in any case from many, many years so I will get creative here at the old homestead.  And hopefully donate some of the rest or pass it on.  It's all about Baby Jesus now.........and I so love all the New Testament stuff.  Although I haven't read that scary last chapter I admit.  And giving.  Not just gifts.  From the heart.  And soul.  Sermon over.

I went on back to Voc. Rehab. and am reopening my case.........my old counselor has been moved to the "youth division" now.  My new counselor is deaf, so an ASL sign person will help us communicate, and get my new plan on file.  Then some Ed2Go.  This all is sounding good to me.  Maybe I will go for a ASL class........I imagine it takes more than one class to get proficient signing to the point where one might become a "registered sign language person" or something.  Soooo.......probably just one of the computer classes........16 hours with some interaction with other students, that has to be done in a 6 week period.  Sounds doable.  Hoping to be able to make enough to self pay.......... to learn to Yoga instruct or other Movement therapy instruct or Art therapy or such without the advanced learning degree that that involves.  I'll just try for Certifications.    Sooooo.........here's to dreaming big............and continuing to land among the true stars.  "Shoot for the Moon.  Even if you miss you will land among the Stars" (author unknown).   Or maybe I'll just work in a small shop or something one day.

My sponsor is great, in helping me sort on out things in a new, fresh way.  And I listen.  I listen.  It's just that I am always at the end of another persons dialogue before they are.........or I think I am.  I'm sure many of us relate.  Still good......to.......learn........to.........give.........a............full..........ear ..........and sometimes, one doesn't even have to respond after that........or so I am learning.........I mean in real life and all.   Slowly but surely.  Gratefully.

The other stuff......well, not as achy, nor tired, nor bothered by blurred vision and alternating glasses,  nor feeling particularly slow.............I mean slower..........sure.........I was 30 or so when I started my psychiatric career.  Just passing anxieties and obsessions..........more adept at redirecting wayward thoughts.  Sometimes I gotta just get through some feelings........I mean go with them for awhile and such. 

So.......all and all another feel good day.  I think I've had 3 in a row now.  Yabadabadoo......

Love, peace, healing/"in recovery", and growth baby growth...... at any age,

manymore   todays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hey many more. Yabadaba. Alright girl!

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

Just wanted to say congratulations!

You deserve it.

I look forward to talking to you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

Hey manymoretodays,

I like reading your updates! ASL sounds like a neat idea. Learning new stuff is supposed to be great for the brain. So you've been going to AA as part of your antidepressant recovery? I just joined a peer support course and some of my peers there really like their meds. I guess it's cause their meds still work for them, which is fine, but it does make being there a little harder for me at the moment. AA would be easier!

Cheers,

Marmot

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Frogie.  And Junglechicken too:) I saw your post on your thread.  I've got a lot of studying to do, however. 

And hi Marmot, 

6 hours ago, Marmot said:

So you've been going to AA as part of your antidepressant recovery?

No.  That wouldn't be correct.  It HAS helped me with my psychoactive medication withdrawal, and coping though.  Indirectly.  I didn't go to AA for that.    Funny sometimes how the right things come along when we need them.  I actually started with AA when my dear Sun got a DUI.  This was shortly after I came here, to SA for support in tapering off my last couple of psychoactive medications......  as well as for support with my own W/D symptoms........acute and protracted.  I don't think everyone here is an alcoholic.  :huh:  Certainly not.   However, if you think you might be an alcoholic........do try AA.  I hope that clarifies your misunderstanding.

I can understand that a peer group such as what you describe would be hard.

Not sure what I will pursue for job training yet.  Probably a computer class first.  ASL does sound fun though and stimulating.

I'll be looking forward to seeing your signature when you get a chance to get that done, and seeing how we may help you.  I did look at your intro/journal after seeing your post.  And welcome aboard!  Thanks for your post.

mmt

Oh......and Inipi/sweat lodge was a go!!!!!!  Sure needed that.  Feeling pretty good still.  Balanced.  Focused.  It's been a busy week I guess.....can't believe that Friday is almost here.

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

.......and whoosh, holy tamales.........My appointment with Voc Rehab is today!!!!!  I thought it was next friday.  I think.......I will.........wait........for..........a January start for my online studies however.  Probably will do the Administrative Assistant Fundamentals course first.  Get to know my new counselor........work with her.  Get caught up on some other joyful duties.

Sure glad I did bills today and checked my calendars!

Best,  L,P, H/R, G, and gratitude for all my good fortune......

mmt

and later......the appointment was for NEXT friday.  Oh well.......I ended up being 15 min. late, so next time will be on time.  Not as focused as I thought.......B)  Was good to find out I needed to plan for better timing.

Edited by manymoretodays
update

• Moderator Emeritus

Ahhhhh.  Some nice Sunday morning ahhh-ness.  So peaceful here on Sundays.  Possibly some colder temperatures and .............just maybe some snow that sticks around down here in the valley this week.  It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.  And am so happy to be able to participate this year........a bit more than I could last year.

I'm still thinking church today.........hmmmm, for the first time since Easter maybe.  Yah........I am one of those now.  Although, maybe just outside for a bit, and load up the bin with further fall yard debree.  I'll go get a good Sunday paper to read as well.  Oh........and decorate a bit, while I clean.........write out a few cards.........falalalalala........relax.  I have a major supply of Christmas decor going now........hopefully some of it I can part with.........load it up for the thrift shop.  So many memories.  Some of the stuff just corny though.  :blink::huh::oB)

mmt

Hi MMT:

I just wanted to thank you for helping me with my problem this weekend.

You really helped me a lot and I appreciate it.

Any snow?  We haven't had 1 flake yet, tired of spring weather now. I want snow!❄️❄️❄️And it's not in our forecast 🙁🙁🙁

I hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Froglet,    You are welcome and you help me as well so thank you too.

Yes, snow!  It started last night.  Not huge but pretty.  And good thing as we had gone by the nearest ski resort last week and it was so barren looking.  They do man-made snow with machines in spots but still.......  Colder too of course, and I don't officially feel done with my yard/weed whacking, and other outdoor duties ...........however, it CAN wait until Spring thaw now.  I have now officially prioritized Christmas cleaning and decluttering!  Yay!  Hard to declutter though if I go all ga ga with decor......lol.

I am glad you caught your error and in less than a months time too!  My brain/cognitive still goes funky doodle from time to time, usually when I get all down and out, or feeling overwhelm.  I swear it's better though.....not as broken as it once was.  Stress I guess.  Something we can not always control.  Do heed what brassmonkey said to you as well,  if you think you need to, your best chance of success with teeny/tiny/wee updose is within the first couple of months.  Although no guarantees

I mean it is situational.......as well as W/D, because the situations that used to be manageable can become like major extremes(neuroemotions).  That doesn't happen as much for me.......so hopefully that brings hope.  Your dear granddaughter will be visiting before you know it too.  Time flies.

Love, peace, healing, and growth........Monday, monday, monday.........let's make it a great week.....

manymoretodays

6 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Froglet,    You are welcome and you help me as well so thank you too.

Yes, snow!  It started last night.  Not huge but pretty.  And good thing as we had gone by the nearest ski resort last week and it was so barren looking.  They do man-made snow with machines in spots but still.......  Colder too of course, and I don't officially feel done with my yard/weed whacking, and other outdoor duties ...........however, it CAN wait until Spring thaw now.  I have now officially prioritized Christmas cleaning and decluttering!  Yay!  Hard to declutter though if I go all ga ga with decor......lol.

I am glad you caught your error and in less than a months time too!  My brain/cognitive still goes funky doodle from time to time, usually when I get all down and out, or feeling overwhelm.  I swear it's better though.....not as broken as it once was.  Stress I guess.  Something we can not always control.  Do heed what brassmonkey said to you as well,  if you think you need to, your best chance of success with teeny/tiny/wee updose is within the first couple of months.  Although no guarantees

I mean it is situational.......as well as W/D, because the situations that used to be manageable can become like major extremes(neuroemotions).  That doesn't happen as much for me.......so hopefully that brings hope.  Your dear granddaughter will be visiting before you know it too.  Time flies.

Love, peace, healing, and growth........Monday, monday, monday.........let's make it a great week.....

manymoretodays

Thanks MMT:

I want snow! Send it my way. There is no snow in our forecast for the next 10 days. In the 40's-60's. It's like spring, I'm tired of spring, I'm ready for snow.

I think a lot of my anxiety is situational, the time of year, and everything going on. And the big mistake I made in tapering doesn't make it better.

I'm not a fan of this time of year (had a grandfather pass away on Christmas Day, and a week later an Uncle passed away on New Years Day). No one comes to my house for Christmas out here in nowhere land, except my Uncle he doesn't care if we have a tree or not, and with the the remodeling going on, we didn't put up a tree or outside lights. I put a snowman table cloth on the table, a snowman cookie jar in the middle of the table and some snowman kitchen towels and pot holders.

When we move home, I will definitely put up the tree and all my decorations.

I'm not going to updose. I've thought a lot and if I was going to have problems, I would have had them by now. Apace41 thinks I should be ok. So we can only hope. If you pray, send one my way. I could use it lol...

Have fun decorating. And think of me when you watch the snow. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

It was a brief one.......the snow.  We did get some however, here in my pocket of paradise, as well as the colder temperatures.  Near freezing in the daytime but sunny often enough.

Going to the City today.  The committee.  Meeting.  And hey........I do get a stipend for attending.  So.......this being my 3rd or 4th stipend-ed meeting........I have succeeded  in making/earning some money before January 2018.

Then tomorrow.......my initial meeting with my new vocational rehab. counselor. 

Hair done and nice visit with my old friend.  Her son and his girlfriend have set their wedding date!  Exciting.

Not enough time in each day.  Especially this time of year.  When the daylight hours are so limited.   I think we all tend to hibernate a bit more.  And hopefully relax.  I finished another book.  A novel by an English author.  "Dunbar".  It was pretty good.  I skimmed a lot though........the narrative form used wasn't really all that gripping, for me.

Lit my first Advent candle.  Minimal decor.  I have to do some whole house vacuuming first and just keep putting it off.  I think I am done with outside work though........for the most part.........as the ice tundra in back has begun.  I can still BBQ back there though.  :) 

And working on plans for the visit to Mum, for her big 90th bday.  Hoping to get some time with her alone........before the sibs arrive.  I hope I can.  We'll see.  We all fight over time with me Mum now........pretty funny really.........and of course we have to all figure out accommodations if we go at the same time.  I think it's gonna go alright.  Mum's bday and small family reunion(unofficial).  I get tearful a lot, well, just once in awhile.........the good tears though.........happy, reflective type.

And off.  I may be able to do a part act vacuum exercise/activity before I roll.  With earbuds......of course!

Love, peace, in recovery/healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

14 minutes ago, manymoretodays said:

It was a brief one.......the snow.  We did get some however, here in my pocket of paradise, as well as the colder temperatures.  Near freezing in the daytime but sunny often enough.

Going to the City today.  The committee.  Meeting.  And hey........I do get a stipend for attending.  So.......this being my 3rd or 4th stipend-ed meeting........I have succeeded  in making/earning some money before January 2018.

Then tomorrow.......my initial meeting with my new vocational rehab. counselor. 

Hair done and nice visit with my old friend.  Her son and his girlfriend have set their wedding date!  Exciting.

Not enough time in each day.  Especially this time of year.  When the daylight hours are so limited.   I think we all tend to hibernate a bit more.  And hopefully relax.  I finished another book.  A novel by an English author.  "Dunbar".  It was pretty good.  I skimmed a lot though........the narrative form used wasn't really all that gripping, for me.

Lit my first Advent candle.  Minimal decor.  I have to do some whole house vacuuming first and just keep putting it off.  I think I am done with outside work though........for the most part.........as the ice tundra in back has begun.  I can still BBQ back there though.  :) 

And working on plans for the visit to Mum, for her big 90th bday.  Hoping to get some time with her alone........before the sibs arrive.  I hope I can.  We'll see.  We all fight over time with me Mum now........pretty funny really.........and of course we have to all figure out accommodations if we go at the same time.  I think it's gonna go alright.  Mum's bday and small family reunion(unofficial).  I get tearful a lot, well, just once in awhile.........the good tears though.........happy, reflective type.

And off.  I may be able to do a part act vacuum exercise/activity before I roll.  With earbuds......of course!

Love, peace, in recovery/healing, and growth,

manymoretodays

It snowed about an inch, but we now have sunny blue skies. The forecast for the next 10 days is 50's-60's, so no more snow and it will be gone by this afternoon :(

I'm just feeling flat, no emotions at all. I wrapped my granddaughters presents yesterday, one more to come but should be here tomorrow then I'm done. No Christmas tree or decorations because I have bathroom stuff and dirt/dust all over the house. And my fiancé came home last and did nothing. I'm beginning to believe it won't get done until possibly next Christmas, so no seeing my granddaughter :(:(:( 

Do you ever lose your appetite? I've lost mine for lunch the last 2 days. Maybe it's drinking too much water between breakfast and lunch, I don't know. Dinner I eat really well.

Sorry to bother you. Usually I'm so upbeat even in WD, but like I said I'm flat.

Thanks for listening.

Take care,

Frogie xx

On 04/12/2017 at 10:54 AM, manymoretodays said:

I have now officially prioritized Christmas cleaning and decluttering!  Yay!  Hard to declutter though if I go all ga ga with decor......lol.

How is the decorating going? Cleaning and decluttering can feel so good afterwards!

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yah......I lost my appetite for a bit.  One just has to be fairly disciplined sometimes, as far as that goes..........try and just do some of the small frequent feeds, on no preparation needed type stuff.  Your mind and body will thank you.

Not a whole lot of decor.........yet, or maybe I will just go minimal.  Still trying to get some cards written on the fly.  It's been a busier week as far as places to go goes.  And I really have to do some whole house vacuuming........Spring cleaning.  This is kind of my usual though. :blink: Spring cleaning in Winter.  Although.........as it's not so bright and less light with each day.........I don't notice the dust as much. B)

• Moderator Emeritus

I got to the gym........I got to the gym..........I.......got........to ..........the ..........gym !!!!!  That's where the pool and sauna are.  I may have overdid a bit though and it's been awhile.  I forfeited the neighborhood Christmas dinner/entertainment party to vacuum.........well, and I have been running around a lot lately.  Now.......of course........I wish I went.  Rudolph was on t.v. though.  You know......the red nosed reindeer.  I will wish or try and personally wish some of my neighbors happy tidings soon.  So many I have not seen for awhile now........pffft......so I should have gone.  Really good eats and amazing talent too.  Oh well.

Wow......my Voc. Rehab. appointment was pretty extensive.  The "signer" was born to deaf parents and has been "signing" all his life.  We just got through some preliminaries and hopefully another planning appointment in January.   Oh, my new counselor is deaf......hence, the need for a signer.  A nice counselor.  Yay.

Seems like something else this past week.........hmmmm.  Going to "undress" the Sweat Lodge out in the high desert tomorrow after Church.  And everything else is going pretty well.  I got a very pretty pink poinsettia that makes me happy.  I know........I won't let the Cat eat it.

Love, peace, healing/"in recovery", growth,

and many more todays

Edited by manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh yah.........on what I forgot in my last journal entry...........

Yesterday.....December 9th.........marked one year off of my hopefully, last ever, psychotropic medication!!!!!!  Which was Trileptal/oxcarbazepine. 

Can we all say Hallelujah???  And happiest of Sundays' to you all.  Thank you.

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Congratulations on being off of a full year, quit an accomplishment.  Hopefully the next year will show even greater improvements.

(((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Brass

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, mmt!

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Celebrating with you MMT 😃 hallelujah!!! Hugs. K 

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus

Many more thank yous to the above.

Well, the stockings are hung by the fireplace with care.  And I am still scribbling out cards here and there.  Had a part day with dear Sun to Costco for contacts(his) and more.  The snow has been limited but the inversion(smog) does glare.

And then off to a conference yesterday, I did go.  It was held in a studio with dark walls and spotlights aglow(I kid you not........huge spotlights glaring down and no windows for natural light, way worse than florescence).  Took a friend.  And parts of it, the training/conference were..........how do I say.........ahem, well the usual.......I heard the words "chemical imbalance", as well as "consumer".  However, I did not discombobulate internally.  And there was lot's of room for comment and some small group work.........and so........I am getting better at sharing my stuff/story and using my best/better words and phrases........so, hopefully.........getting through to a few..........perhaps.  It was a mixed and fairly smallish group.........teachers, parents, one who works as a judicial consultant even, and then some just plain "spellbound".  The training came out of Australia.  AGLEE, it was called, or Mental Health First Aide.   Another Aussie connection.......??!!!!    Teeshirts and lunch provided and possibly even a Lady Gaga sighting later.........we had to leave early though.........her Mum apparently financed some of it.   And she was doing a concert close by later.

I do know that I will not be seeking a career under the bright lights anytime soon......ha, ha.  Twas exhausting.  And the to the outside access was limited........as one had to go through security, after a long hallway............  Otherwise I am real glad I went.  And my friend..........oh, I have such hope for him.........one who has been mired in the present system for so long........yet, still so very bright and..........well...........just doing "my work" and sometimes I do so love it............

Still waffling on the tree........real or small artificial........small artificial or real...........  My home is however cleaner, hmmmm.........possibly MORE cluttered........gasp.........it's home.  Feeling festive and fairly well enough.........  I need to check on some insurance stuff.........I sure don't want to lose my usual GP Doctor but he may not be "in my network" next year.......... so maybe some labwork soon??  I don't know.  Time is flying, and the shortest daylight day yet, is nearly upon us now.........I will be so very glad when we are on the other side of the Winter solstice and at least heading towards Spring again.  

TGIF me thinks.  Ahhhhhhhhh.

Love, peace, healing/in recovery, and growth........

manymoretodays

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, manymoretodays said:

Oh yah.........on what I forgot in my last journal entry...........

Yesterday.....December 9th.........marked one year off of my hopefully, last ever, psychotropic medication!!!!!!  Which was Trileptal/oxcarbazepine. 

Can we all say Hallelujah???  And happiest of Sundays' to you all.  Thank you.

mmt

Good on ye MMTD ,inspiring to the likes of myself that is painfully stuck on it for now .wishing you many more  happy memories in your med free  life .

PB

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

What a journey, manymoretodays...

Congratulations.

Morning

Escitalopram 10 mg from 2005 to present

Dec 10.17 reduced to 9 mg; reinstated 10 mg; Jan 2.18 9 mg; Fev 12.18 8 mg; Jan 30.20 5 mg; Feb 6.20 reinstated 6 mg

Ethyl Loflazepate 2 mg from 2005 to present

Night

Mirtazapine 15 mg from 2015 to present (November reinforcement 30mg) Dec 8.17 15 mg

Levomepromazine 25 mg started November 2017

8/12/2017 12.5 mg; 13/12/17 6.25 mg; 20/12/2017 3.125 mg; 23/12/2017 last 3.125 mg

Clonazepam 2 mg started Nov. 2017 (occasionally) ; last week 2 mg; Dec 19.17 1 mg; Dec 21.17 1.5 mg ; Dec 22.17 2 mg; Jan 2.2018 1.9 mg; Jan 7.2018 3mg; Jan 8.18 2mg; Jan 16.18 1.8 mg; Jan 17.18 1.5 mg ; Jan 18.18 1.7 mg; Jan 19.18 1.6 mg; Fev 12.18 1.5 mg; Jan 30.20 0.5 mg

Xanax XR 1 mg in subtitution of Ethyl Loflazepate 2mg (occasionally)

Beautifully poetic MMT! Nice to read about some Christmas cheer.  Always different on this side of the world because we usually have a BBQ, Pavlova and go to the beach!

The conference sounded interesting. Gee, Lady Gaga was a bonus! I wasn't aware of this organisation.  Had to google them! I shuttered when you said they mentioned chemical imbalance 🙄 

13 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

...I am getting better at sharing my stuff/story and using my best/better words and phrases........so, hopefully.........getting through to a few..........perhaps. 

Well done MMT.  This is not an east process and it takes an enormous amount of courage. Thank you 🙂 K

• Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you.  Courage comes and goes.  Yet, overall..........really happy to be on into the continued healing and recovery phase right now.  Even when it is hard.......if that makes sense.

Love, peace, healing/in recovery, and growth........and so very nice to be enjoying this holiday season and able to participate,

manymoretodays

On 10/12/2017 at 10:48 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hey MMT,

Just dropping by to say congratulations! Also glad to hear how you managed that training conference - too bad they brought in the chemical imbalance stuff. 

Merry Christmas,

Marmot

• Moderator Emeritus

And doh.  Actually it was called ALGEE, not AGLEE.............for Assess(for harm), Listen(without judgement), Give(information and referrals), Encourage(appropriate professional help),  and Encourage(self help and other).  And ha........I wonder what inappropriate professional help is???!!!

They did not emphasize the wayward theory too much anyway.  I think the intent was more to give some really "green" people a framework to help others they run across who are in distress mentally.  It perhaps destigmatized a bit......those old myths, of the mentally ill.

And okay.......Sunday, sunday.........gonna go meet another great nephew today...........cutie patootie from what I have seen so far........I can't wait!   Another elf.  And oh my, yesterday after meeting......one of my friends really "lost it" briefly.........and.........I am unhappy to report that I wasn't the best at helping to "de-escalate" the situation or him.  There was other help though, and hopefully he is doing okay today, without too much interference.......or harmful intervention.  Idk.  And I am okay.  Did my best.

Happy Holidays all,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

Small artificial tree sits, under my largish Ficus tree now and the lights are on!

Love, loved my great nephew.  And was so very honored to have been(as it turned out), invited to my outlaw brother in laws(his wife is my ex's sis) family Christmas party day, to boot!  I made the cut.  So did Sun.  I love his family.......they are........my family too I think.......  So.  Happy days continue here in Paradise.

Best,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

It looks like I am re-opened, as far as my case at Vocational Rehab.  Which is a good thing.  The not so good, but okay thing is it was a new counselor and the letter I received today, has me "diagnosed".  No biggie really........I just want to be diagnosed with "human being, slightly weird" though.  After all these years it just isn't worth a fight really, and one has to have something on their record, as far as a disability to receive their services.   I would rather prefer iatrogenic harm with subsequent ability(only a few dis).   Oh well....... 

So now on to something sometime soon.  Training, education, or maybe just a part time job.  I have to laugh as I do need to travel next month and will have family visiting in March..........so, I'm like........I will just get a job..........take all my as yet, unearned paid vacation time........and then start????   Surely they will hire me.  Ha.

Yes.....it does look like more snow is on the way.  Yay!  I'll will be around though.  Checking in most days.

What a lovely giving season it still is!

Best,

manymoretodays

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

.I just want to be diagnosed with "human being, slightly weird" though. 

Love it!  The slightly weird human beings are the ones that keep this world interesting! K.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yoga, celebrations, and I don't like gatorade........ 

Oh yoga!!!  Check.

Drummed in the drum circle tonight too!  The light now chases the dark........post solstice.  Is that awesome or what?

Love, peace, healing, something about recovery and neuroplasticity, resilency, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Yoga, celebrations, and I don't like gatorade........ 

Oh yoga!!!  Check.

Drummed in the drum circle tonight too!  The light now chases the dark........post solstice.  Is that awesome or what?

Love, peace, healing, something about recovery and neuroplasticity, resilency, and growth,

You sound like you are having a fabulous time MMT!!! Your post put a smile on my face 😃 You beat that drum!  Yes, I imagine it is awesome! K

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy Boxing day!  Aussies and Brits?  Interesting history on that one....... 

I'm hoping the car/auto basic shops are open today.  One tire pretty low....? flat, also need an inspection and tire rotation on one.  Oil change on the other.  And many more.......

S'okay........B):o:mellow:  Really, tis.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus

Well.  Meals on wheels deliveries today!  Yesterday I won 2 tickets to a New Years eve. Event.  USA $30.00 value apiece!  I may pass them on me thinks.  Thinking on.  Or go on in for the early end of the shows, and home by midnight.  It was a first though.....winning tickets from one of my favorite radio stations......4th caller....me.  :huh:

• Moderator Emeritus

Best to all for 2018. 

And of course it quite literally came in with a bang around these parts.  Scattered fireworks, and at midnight, some of the neighbor kids let out their whoops and yells, while banging pots and pans.

I continue on/in the course of healing.  Good enough days and even weeks now........maybe a whole month or two since it was more difficult, the coping. 

Took a sunset walk/jog on very quiet streets.  No leaping deer in sight.  I think they are hunkered down a bit higher up now where there is still some exposed vegetation.

Currently reading some of Shirley MacLaine's stuff, "Out on a Limb" now.........and got her latest book for Christmas. 

Listening to a kids book on CD........it's called "Wonder" and may be out or come out on the big screen soon.

And.......music.........practicing again, my guitar..........listening...........and just ahhhhhhh.

Progress with the home keeping.  My small tree shall remain up until mid January, at least!!!!!

A nice time out with my neighbor........to the Sunday happening grocery store........B)........well, they have quite a bit, all in one place.........and it's great on Sundays for many reasons.  Then off to hear a speaker/friend and that was good.

Oh........so many struggling.  And you may recall, sometime back..........I mentioned another friend and her texting...........almost like "drunk dialing" or something.........so rapid fire and hateful.........that reduced me to not only, finally tears, but one retaliatory text.  I did forgive her, and myself, and toted her off(gave her a ride/lift) as well as whole heartedly shared some photos with her........edited and nice......of some mutual friends, and a sacred area.  Sent another photo and New Years greetings yesterday.  Saw her briefly as well.  Oh my!  I just listened mainly.  I hope it helped.  And honestly........it could be her on and off again usage of medications/drugs or situational.  One sad story though.  Much compassion given.  I don't think she will actually remember much though.......that's why I said.......almost like "drunk dialing"........via text and also in real life interactions.

My father out law is quite ill again, and may be no longer able to live on his own.

Sun is well.  And yes, moving this week to the bigger city.  Not so far away.  No promises from him on "staying connected with me, his Mum" on a regular basis........yet, I think it will be okay.  Rooting for him!  Rooting for you all!  Always.

Betsy Ross cat.......:blink::)  Spoiled, fat, and I love her!

I know it's Monday today.  Yet, very thankful for what, without a doubt, is a Holiday..........much like the peace of Sundays.  I like holidays and all the poignant memories.......auld lang syne........times long past..........brought to mind........all my relations, all my experiences to date..........and oh, right now is pretty sublime.  The future awaits!!!  It's going to be a busy week for me.  The Committee meeting :PMy biannual(or less) visit with my best ever, favorite LCSW therapist.  Bills of course......already on it!  Some vacation planning for Mum's 90th!  And think earning, earning.........the right job, the right training, for a good fit somewhere part time......  I need to schedule with my Vocational counselor again.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth(neuroplasticity, resilence, and all that......),

manymoretodays

Hey mmt. How are things going for you? Your mum is going to be 90. My mum 88 in January. Me also thinking earning, training, right fit somewhere. Ahh, see you soon mmt.

Take care

M

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.