SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ manymoretodays: off many years of many medications

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad you are feeling better MMT, don't be disheartened, rejoice in what you are doing and the progress you have made. It will take time but you are doing great! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Monday June 8th........still living on edge with voyages to the perimeters of hell and trying to just be observant of everything.  On the heaven side the sky is completely blue today and for some reason the birds get really quiet about now.  Hoping the mule deer visit my weeds pretty soon again.  They are all scarred up but still so beautiful........my mascot for this journey.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

Successful maiden voyage out in the car and back.  2 Ensures.  Brushed teeth and flossed and mouthwash.  Washed face.

No bananas as yet.  Successful streaming of my favorite radio station.

Millet, rasberries, and milk coming up soon.  Obsessing about how I need kefir now.  

Observed a lot of people and cars and such.  Drove okay.......very short outing though.

Found my canyon pass for what it's worth........I had thought it was elsewhere.  Neighbors must be doing some kind of youth activity with their boat.  Jr. high kids hanging about at wee hours and the boat is gone.  Wish I was up to helping with stuff like that..........or even someone told me that's what I'm supposed to do next.

Insomnia not so bad but night sweats.  Who needs saunas?  I need saunas.  I am a proud Finn.

Really.....just here until the music grabs me.....starting to....... :)

No battered beautiful deer visits.........yet......I am in the middle of the edge of something.

And a quote:...The real question is for how long are you willing to endure the misery to find out that what you presently believe to be the truth is in fact false? Buckle up indeed!  from broken I believe.  Can we create a halfway point between truth and false?  Somehow that seems easier at this point in time.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

"A poignant reminder that a life of nuance in a black-and-white culture is the greatest art of all."

This came from "Brain Pickings" a FB site I frequent and maybe applies to the above.  I think that is what I am shooting for.

• Moderator Emeritus

Wednesday June 10th.

Had to turn the A/C system on and it works........same as last year pretty noisy but safe enough.  I think it is cooler today.

So quiet.......like something is around the next corner.

Reading about discipline and listening to Tibetan bowls.

The discipline part just related to how much I need and desire to go swimming.  Sounds easy.......maybe I can do it.  I wish the pool was outside but at least it will be warm when I am done.  May be just a thought.......we'll see.

A little more nuance.......man, I love that word.........nuance........rhymes with dance.  The nuance dance?  Not really but those 2 words look great together.  Aunts and ants.

And oh yah......company again but just kind of keep our spaces seperate.  Hoping to turn on the sprinklers unless.........

Bowl sounds over........just crickets at 11 in the am.  Hoping for a storm or something to shake things up and provide some water for my weeds.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well the rain came and just getting around to eating.  So far Greek Yogurt with blueberries and strawberries and small piece of mango........a bit of clover honey.

Just had to psuedo nap for awhile after reading and viewing stuff this Am.

I am not really following how it went from Monday to Thursday so quickly.  But here it is and here am I.

Cheese tortillas next pretty soon.

And should do some more coloring of my Mandela.......I am also trying to write down some quotes and stuff around the image.

Last Thurs. I wrote on the wall calendar that Life begins again and can't remember why? 

Generally feeling like a bobble head today.

• Moderator Emeritus

What it is.

Friday.

Sleep is better.

Mornings are not as bad.

Getting familiar with simple joy.......and trying to get get comfortable with that.

Blue skies after the rain.  Smells and silence.

What it is.

• Moderator Emeritus

I am just wanting to become a Monk ess.  Keep things very simple.

Maybe more later..........best sleep ever.......a whole six and 1/2 hour stretch but............drumroll............pause...........one hour of morning cortisol spiky feeling, sensations, emotions............I just stayed with it..........and gone now.........breathe out.............

• Moderator Emeritus

Just sorrowful so far today.  Darn it.......no appetite but hopefully after noon it will start to make sense to me to eat something anything.

Not as bad as cortisol spike mornings........much more contemplative and loving kindness kind of thing with tears.  Seems fitting for a Sunday somehow.

Got some cookies and snickers for later......that makes me kind of happy cause I start to crave that stuff much later in my day.  I so was illusion ing eating cake and frosting last night.  I know when I finally figure out what to feed my body spirit and mind those cravings pretty much go the wayside but for now are welcome.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm worried that you're not eating enough MMT. Withdrawal messes with our ability to regulate sugar ,

which in turn affects brain function.

Are you still taking Ensure? Try to eat something little every few hours ,even though you don't

feel like it - your body needs it to help you heal.

xxx

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Fresh.  I am worried too.  Just had 2nd Ensure and had a banana and 1 cookie.  Yesterday I didn't do too bad overall.  I even had a frozen dinner.  This must be part of it.....the WD.......but what a catch 22 it is.......a brain that can't figure out what to eat or when to eat and just mechanically going through the motions......then not enough energy to do anything else........keeping it above 125 lbs. again anyway.........  I mean who can help me with this?

Maybe a PB and J next.

• Moderator Emeritus

PB and J sounds good. I remember that nothing tasted particularly good when I was sick , I think I

lost my taste sense.

There may be community services that can help with shopping or food delivery . . . keep things stocked up.

The adult part of your brain can help you. In the same way you'd give a baby food regularly , you need

to be disciplined and take charge. Don't wait for your appetite to send you warning signs that you're

hungry - it's gone on annual leave.

1987-1997 pertofran , prothiaden , Prozac 1997-2002 Zoloft 2002-2004 effexor 2004-2010 Lexapro 40mg

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

Sept. 2012 -decreased 90mg in 6months. Care taken over by Dr Lucire in March 2013 , decreased last 30mg at 2mg per week over 3 months. July 21 , 2013- last dose of Cymbalta

Protracted withdrawal syndrome kicked in badly Jan.2014 Unrelenting akathisia until May 2014. Voluntary hosp. admission. Cocktail of Seroquel, Ativan and mirtazapine and I was well enough to go home after 14 days. Stopped all hosp. meds in next few months.

July 2014 felt v.depressed - couldn't stop crying. Started pristiq 50mg. Felt improvement within days and continued to improve, so stayed on 50mg for 8 months.

Began taper 28 Feb. 2015. Pristiq 50mg down to 45mg. Had one month of w/d symptoms. Started CES therapy in March. No w/d symptoms down to 30mg.

October 2015 , taking 25mg Pristiq. Capsules compounded with slow-release additive.

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

I have 2 shoppers and this elderly couple now wanting to help.  I don't know what to tell them to get anymore, the regular 2 but know I have stuff now I can eat.  Frozen, cans, etc.  The fresh fruit other than bananas doesn't keep well for more than a few days.  A couple more days worth of ensure.

I don't want to try to go through some "meals on wheels" thing.......yet.

My thinking and organizational thought is so darn random I don't know how to delegate.  I thought my ex might help a while back and I know he shops at the better Whole Foods place but that didn't work out.  I guess you could say that we are amicable as long as I don't need anything........I mean I guess I wasn't expecting much except for thinking.......well he is still family no matter how I look at it.......and go to them first.

Okay.......sandwich almost down.  Thanks again Fresh.  The caring by others just makes me cry today.

Seems to be the focus though these last few days.......how to eat even close to right....right now.  My therapist asked if I would be willing to go see a medical doctor for this concern.......but I'm like what Dr.?  Would tell me what and when to eat and all that?

Maybe call the elderly couple later when I can talk without tears.......they would know of community(LDS/Mormon) services, which they are more than willing to extend to me, or maybe the elderly lady will offer some practical help.

Just asking for help........so hard...........darn it.........I feel like my whole life I have taken care of myself by myself and I will figure out a way on this one too........ugh.

• Moderator Emeritus

Mondays give me hope of accomplishment.  Something, anything.

Although the clarity while briefly present seems to have flown the coop in exchange for monkey brain.

And I forgot what I found was so important that I had to come here again to say.  :ph34r:

• Moderator Emeritus

Rolled the trash out and also the recycling so that was good.   I try to recycle.  Hope my brain and body will do the same for me one of these days.

Pretty full of some kind of physiological stress response yesterday......followed by todays tears and general just tired.

Red Sox game didn't grab me and they aren't doing well but this wild torrential downpour was pretty great while it lasted.

So.....I've accomplished hanging in and on.......good enough for me.  Accepting it all is a good place for me.

That's about it for me today.

• Moderator Emeritus

More bananas coming later.  Just had to post something as to today.  Crappy A/C drowns out the birdsong but I don't even have to turn it on until about 2pm.

Weight stable ish.........eating is a bit easier overall.

Aware of the progress......however slow.  Thankful that all around me is fairly static and not requiring too much effort.

Oh......hoping the Solstice does something.  Do feel free to join me in my humble celebration of.........

• Moderator Emeritus

Just another day.  Starting to wonder if there are many more.

No cortisol stuff going on today.  Tears......pretty non specific.  Tired. Slow.  Lot's of prayer.  Eating.

3 weeks off the adderal........just going forget all about that.  I think the Trileptal and small dose of adderal DID help for a little while with the Lexapro withdrawal.  That along with a lot of in person, human compassion, and caring at that time and the ability to be open to it all......also writing and connecting with my family.  It's just different now......

Maybe this is Lexapro withdrawal?  I don't even know anymore for sure.  But I don't want any more psycho drugs ever. 

Still on the 150mg. Trileptal.

Hanging in......pro life........and please God please.....

Meanwhile safe, cool(as it is now very hot middays), eating, sleeping.  Nothing extreme as far as thoughts go.  Just sad I guess.  Real sad.

• Moderator Emeritus

Friday the 19th.......please note........making note of the day again and I believe I am correct.

I read a couple really interesting posts earlier.  One by IU which was very practical as far as addressing Dr's........gathering information together and a whole presentation.  Then signed in and can't find it again..........I just want to note it somehow as like I am.......just paying the bills is doing real well and help to bring in groceries and all that and then kind of staying in my "monastery" state of being/mind helps.

So......blown away that someone else can do like he/she did.  While in withdrawal!!!!

Then all the internet privacy or lack of by the same author.  Wow.  Just noting......lol......that IU has a really interesting brain........so smart in ways not like my own smarts.........both to be appreciated though........lord knows we all need the variety.

I mean I am of a good and even above average intelligence.......I know this but if my mind simply can't grasp techno stuff except for the basics of usage and all.......do you think I will be alright?  I mean in the long run?  Without putting all kinds of blocks up and protectors on my computer usage?  I don't know.......maybe that is not all that clear a question....... I mean I hope I am safe enough..........really just an average person here trying to do my best for the rest of my life.

Invisible Unless was the user name and postings that just blew my socks off......in a good way, don't get me wrong.........as to what got me to thinking a bit.

Anyway......I might be in a better enough place soon to figure out how to better use this forum.  That would be a coup for me.

Company for a few days.  Solstice coming.  And all in all........I am okay........I am doing okay.........par for course.........some hope everyday as to most especially the brain shift to a more comfortable, reliable place where I can be more physically active and pursue some of what I hope I can enjoy again.  And just contribute and help somewhere.  Live comfortably not lavishly.    Basically.......figure out how to be and stay healthy in all realms.

Physically.......other than just flagging in energy........it just hasn't been too bad the last week.  I sure hope that once I get moving......walking, swimming, or yoga........it starts to increase my energy overall........not the opposite like I read about here........  I mean maybe I might be different somehow......I mean I am sure we all are........I mean I have been withdrawing from something or other since I first came off the MAOI way back when.......always ended up on something else but I didn't know for a long time what I know now, and have know for maybe the past 4 or 5 years for sure.

Rambling.......maybe not........I mean we all come from different brain types to begin with........it is just so fascinating.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well.......company gone but did okay with getting out of myself and suffering for just a brief bit.

Suffering today and of course words wouldn't do it justice or I just can't do the words for it.  Just so much emotional pain again really and FEAR.  Tears oh man the tears..........

Doing nothing different that I recall.

This just isn't linear at all I guess.

Please just help with kind thoughts and prayers and intentions.......I guess I did know it could feel this bad again.

• Moderator Emeritus

I am not even sure that my company comes to help or out of obligation.  I think that despite all my present difficulties I.....maybe......am doing something important in maintaining my cool when in the company of others.......I mean maybe they even come see me to find some peace themselves sometimes.  I can still make some folks that I know very well smile.  So......I don't know......just journaling and finding things to find good about my present self.

Meanwhile.....Sunday starting off with upbeat and positive feelings.

And it is going to be a long day.......let's all make it a good one........Solstice day!!!!  Holiday.

• Moderator Emeritus

I missed a day of posting........anyone notice?  No matter........it would have probably been something similar to something I already said.

Not going round in circles so much as just noticing I spose.  I just read all my "journaling" and while I can't really see any patterns to depend on I do see.  Something or other.......maybe acceptance........maybe more calm about it AND with a bit of joy of being free of the salts.........and definitely seeing some things that seemed to help.

Getting cleaned up and getting out once in awhile comes to mind.  Safe places, people less places, outdoor places.  Maybe with a book......some self help book or philosophy book or something.  And water and a snack.  Then when I get that done and feel like "nature woman" I can probably manage to be around other people somewhere too......a book store, singing in church.......something that doesn't require too much conversation.

Shoot my "company" keeps showing up.......important however in the scheme of things, I see that..........how I still need to be here for the kid even when I am not I can pull off a bit of my old self as it merges into this new self.  Who knows.......maybe I am his strength now as I know he was mine at the beginning and for all purposes he is doing okay of which I am thankful.

Totally don't know what to say anymore about "how I am".  I am.  Getting by.  Definitely glad it is summer not winter right now........everything else has kind of slowed a bit too for people I think.  No great urgency.......just summer........ahhhhh.

• Moderator Emeritus

The monastery here at home will be having a permanent visitor soon.

My son will be moving back in.  Age 23.  We will work it out but I am going to have to set down some guidelines and write some stuff down to explain further what is going on with me.  And really am going to have to work hard on not feeling guilty that I am not in a better place of being a more typical mother of a young adult.  Just good enough is going to have to be good enough..........with hopefully some strength shining on through.  However......I DO NOT wish to place him in a caretaker position and that alone may motivate me to do more do better with the self care and organization.......even if I bug him acting a bit weird about it all.

Meanwhile........therapy by phone today........she gets it and it always seems to help.  I mean she doesn't get it totally but enough and although a paid relationship(have negotiated though and now just do a minimal co-pay, less than I am supposed to) it is definitely one to continue.  So that was good.  As well as the grocery angel coming by and getting my list. 

I think I've got this eating thing down well enough for now and up 5 lbs. which does put me in a healthier place overall.

A solid month off the low dose salts and I believe that is history now.  Not daily but once in awhile still thinking of a quicker fix via suggesting meds. to my shrink but then it passes.  I don't know when I will reschedule with her again or why.........plenty of trileptal..........must have months worth when I finally get around to filling the script from the end of last mos.  Anyway........will stick with the 150mg. for another mos. or so and then will attempt the 10% cuts on that.......finally doing it the correct way.

Best way to describe symptoms now is like what I imagine chronic fatigue syndrome to be like........mixed with some occasional clarity of thought vs. this feeling of dementia(couldn't really be permanent dementia could it if I am aware of it, right?  fingers crossed)........emotions are......again not as intense and I just give them their due I guess.......rarely more than 1/2 to 1 hr. in duration.

I don't know.......I get what I am saying........so that when I look back I will know.

And so........in closing..........8 months OFF LEXAPRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  of which I am assuming is the major culprit here in this final frontier.

• Moderator Emeritus

That's lovely news all 'round MMT , hopefully it's onwards and upwards all the way from here.

Big congrats. on 8 months off Lexapro. and for having stopped the salts.

I noticed that you missed the 23rd (and the 25th , lol) but haven't been able to write anything constructive.

Try to keep the daily posts coming , lots of people enjoy reading them and following your journey.

;)

2010-2012Cymbalta 120mg

March 2016 , 21mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Fresh.  You are always an inspiration.

Still difficult to stay in the now or the moments of focusing on doing just one thing and vaguely anxious about the living change.  I just have to believe it will all be for the best.

Two baby deer right outside the garage door first thing today.  One poked his head in to say hi and keep going!

Bunches of worries last night after I turned on the tv for a bit and watched this channel that always has these movies with disturbing messed up people.  I need to be more cautious about the input I allow into my thought processes.  Anyway......the light of morning finally came and was appreciated plus the young small deer.

Hoping to push and then stay with just a couple of things today.

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto or other moderators in the know,

Is D3 generally safe to add back?  The vitamin I was on before.  I tried it today.  Got feeling a bit more wired by this afternoon but I may also have lost track of caffeine intake which could account for that. 

I did try a search while signed in up in the search box......but it seemed to just highlight vitamin and took me to numerous posts about ALL vitamins. 

Anyway......not getting nearly the outdoor sunlight I would like to be getting and was just thinking it might help with my Finnish depressive/lack of sunlight tendencies.

Otherwise.......cool I think.......I just know I have to start trying a little harder to discipline myself and my days.  Frustrated but proud of myself really too........balancing, balancing............

• Moderator Emeritus

So here I sit again.  Just recording really for my journal.  Feeling quite clear for a couple hours now but in a weird way.  Kind of like a mirage or flashback to how I felt sometime before all this dysreg seemed to come about.........more like a positive deja vu feeling.  Of no worries.......it's gonna be all right and optimism.  Feels like a bit too much considering.......so maybe a window?  Hate to sleep and end it but I better hunker down soon.  Good night.

• Moderator Emeritus

Doing okay.  Vitamin D3 seems to be tolerated plus the one methylfolate(instead of 2).

Just got to get my mind-body connection connecting again or maybe body-mind will work.  Mellow.....a little sad.....a lot lonely.

Ear buds in and one more dance of sorts........ :ph34r: :blink: :unsure: :wub: :) :mellow: ^_^

• Moderator Emeritus

And ugh.......

I guess on asking for help from my friend........with dishes, laundry.........anything at all as I am getting nowhere with myself.

I can try and be happy with the progress of sleep and eating better/easier/whatever and the lack of urgency type emotions.  I can keep trying on that account.

Bawling like a baby for a bit........I am really tired of this all.  Non specific just grief and frustration tears I cry.  And let them all out.....the tears.  The heat is here.....pretty much prohibiting much easy outside for a good part of the day.

Plug in a few bills......maybe brush my teeth again.

I so miss the existence that I remember.  Finding so little to do anymore in the way of healthy distractions.......read here and there........watch the clock......eat again without any real joy or normality to it.........just an ugh, ugh........UGH!!!!!!

Seems to hurt maybe a little more after those precious hours of clarity........just 2 evenings ago.

• Moderator Emeritus

No monastery visitor for another mos. or so........or perhaps he will find a good job.  Kind of a relief..........it would be hard on him.  And I can still count on him for some help and some huge hugs from time to time.  He's not too far away.

• Moderator Emeritus

I am so tired of this endless thought life and little else.

I did get a few household things done with help.  But then just kind of quit......like why not leave half the clean dishes IN the dishwasher and the towels in the dryer?  Like it just doesn't matter.  So.......so sick of my attitude and constant grieving on what a loss.........and why didn't they...........and I am nothing anyway so this doesn't matter?  Oh shoot.......was vaguely thinking death for sure must be better than this, after waking in the early morn after going to sleep far to early.  Giving up is a way of life for me now.  Nothing.....absolutely nothing gives me enough interest to stay with it for awhile and let my attitude and brain shift accordingly for any more than several hours and then back to this.  Kind of self punishment driven about stuff I really could have done nothing about.........I never knew at the time what I know now or knew later.  Feeling stupid and very, very dull even when the light.......I mean the actual light all around me is so bright........I just choose over and over to stay in this darkness.

Loneliness wouldn't be so bad if me and myself could get along with each other again.  What do I mean by that?  I am not even sure.

Into July.......... 

What it is?........what it is is a funky and low down feeling.........what I want is a shift from left to center.  Meanwhile.......what it is........what it is......what it is...........some kind of acceptance?

• Moderator Emeritus

My just in general sense of time is off still.  Like I get so surprised sometimes how many hours have passed while I am simultaneously thinking/reading/writing.  I think I may have to try to set the timer now and then as a reminder to step away from the computer area more often and balance it with more "doing things" that need to be done.

TGIF and here in the States mateys tis Independence Day/July 4th tommorrow.......fireworks, etc. in honor of America's independence from the British.  Hoping to at least walk up a nearby hill and view a few fireworks from afar.

Sounds good.  I don't know what I'm going to do for the 3rd of July.  Maybe I'll just hang out and relax and watch the fireworks from my father's porch. 

I saw a mother deer with her two babies walk across the road near our house today.  That was really adorable.

Our garden is starting to produce some vegetables, so that's fun.  We've put a tremendous amount of work on the garden and spent an annoying amount of money keeping the silly deer from eating our precious veggies.

Good to hear that you're thinking, writing, reading.  That's a good sign.

• Administrator

Yes, vitamin D3 is generally safe to add. Start with a low dose and take it early in the day, it's a daytime hormone.

MMT, I'm worried about your being alone so much. Is there a way to have someone visit you regularly? Can you invite a neighbor to come over and play cards or checkers?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

I know.....I need to check this thought life a bit more.  Most of it is positive but keeps me right on the edge of reality.......hopefully just another passing phase.   Merlene generally calls every day and then stops in once or twice.  I found out today she is 74 and impressive.....I mean she just really is as far as being a "safe" support and a healthy example of an active 74 year old, like I want to be.   I still have all these "extra vulnerabilities/fears" but not feeling that physically just so in the grip of "it's so hard to get out".  All my neighbors are seriously into "family life" with kids and busy.  I hope to turn the corner on getting out on my own soon for more social.  Oh.......worst case.......I don't start getting out more until my Mom and sister come for a week visit type think......I mean this severe lonliness is tough but maybe necessary for some breakthrough.

Don't worry though......I am truly the cat with more than 9 lives now........so it feels......once again.......but I AM getting there.

Thanks for the posts you guys and the D3 info. Alto. 

I think the fireworks here are tomorrow night??!  Ooops......not even sure.

• Administrator

Great, sit down, have tea with Merline, make her feel welcome and enjoy her company.

Kind human contact is good for our nervous systems.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Yup.   "Kind human contact is good for our nervous systems".   And I WILL quote you.