Marsha: can I taper off geodon before gabapentin?

Marsha

Hey, Marsha. Sounds like you're getting visited by the intrusive thoughts that drug withdrawal can cause making us second guess everything. You do indeed belong here because I get those, too. A lot of people have written about that, so you definitely belong here. 

Just remember those negative thoughts are coming from withdrawal and let them pass by without paying them any attention. They simply aren't true.

Oh Shep I don't know if my brain will recover. I have realized that the past 20 years has been one adverse reaction after another. The drugs especially the geodon emptied my brain completely. I was losing my intellect from the antidepressants and benzos from 1994 but in 2004 after a year of low dose zyprexa I was put on max dose of geodon and my brain literally shut down. I literally lost my mind as an adverse reaction to the geodon. In an instant i went from a partially functioning brain to a vast storehouse filled with nothing. Just a walking corpse. It is too much. It is too much! Is this my brain coming alive amidst withdrawal syndrome and klonopin withdrawals? It's too intense. Please tell me one thing I can do right now to get control.

Here's what I do:  Deep, cleansing breath. Find a quiet room and listen to some relaxing music. This is one of my favorite playlists of classical music with nature sounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1RsIDCQNos&list=PL9015485B4C6E4E8D

Even if you have anxiety and / or akathisia and you need to pace, that's okay. 

From my own experience and just reading these kinds of forums, it seems like there are times when the memory center of the brain gets hit at the same time as the fear center. The brain is in this highly excitable mode and searching for memories to "attach" to that level of extreme fear or agitation. 

And then it gets mixed in with the type of extreme memory problems you're talking about. And the mind gets even more agitated because there are no words to "attach" to it. At least not words that adequately convey the absolute horror of withdrawal. 

But it's all just withdrawal. It really is. And it's not permanent.

So finding calming ways of distracting is the best thing in the world. In time, these episodes will because less and less intense. The waves will be shorter, the windows will come in, and you experience of using distraction will be a habit that will make all of this so much easier to cope with. 

Oh no no no no! I just found my night dose of klonopin and gabapentin. I forgot to take them.

Or it could be you just forgot to take your medication! Lol! I wrote all of the above and then noticed you had added this part.

You're going to be fine. We've all missed a dose or two. Tonight you'll take it and feel better.

Shep all of the above words and explanations make perfect sense. Thank you so very much. I am just a scared old lady without many physiological reserves so all of this is compounded by that fact.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

You're doing just fine, Marsha. The fact that you're here tapering and hanging in there speaks volumes for your strength. Fact is, withdrawal puts us all in an extremely vulnerable state, especially since very few doctors understand how these drugs really work. 

I recently came across this Toxic Antidepressants video that really explains why you shouldn't blame yourself for the negative thoughts:

Antidepressant Withdrawal "What May Help" Vol.5 "No More Self-blame"

Sometimes we need this kind of reminder because none of us are alone in thinking this way. But we're still going to heal. 

You're doing just fine, Marsha. The fact that you're here tapering and hanging in there speaks volumes for your strength. Fact is, withdrawal puts us all in an extremely vulnerable state, especially since very few doctors understand how these drugs really work. 

I recently came across this Toxic Antidepressants video that really explains why you shouldn't blame yourself for the negative thoughts:

Sometimes we need this kind of reminder because none of us are alone in thinking this way. But we're still going to heal.

Shep, I can't even find the words to express how thankful I am for your unstinting support and keen understanding since you have been here and at times are brought back to this state.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• Moderator Emeritus

Shep, I can't even find the words to express how thankful I am for your unstinting support and keen understanding since you have been here and at times are brought back to this state.

Thank you, Marsha.

I can't always post much during the week, but that doesn't mean I'm not around in spirit. Wishing you a great week. 

Thank you, Marsha.

I can't always post much during the week, but that doesn't mean I'm not around in spirit. Wishing you a great week.

I am losing my ability to sleep again. Also severe stomach acid. Bad dreams. Waking with anxiety after only a few hours of sleep again. I am at a loss. Any suggestions? Feel very sick and scared.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Marsha. Sorry you're in the insomnia group again, but I can certainly relate and sympathize. 

I took a peek at your benzo thread and you made an 8% Klonopin reduction 16 days ago. Before that, you had made a reduction in the Prevacid and reported some really severe symptoms:

it started about a month ago when I dropped the prevacid dose but since I dropped the 1/4 mg last Thursday the past two days and nights is when it became intense. I have never felt fear and depression like this ever in my life. I will wait 3 weeks before I decide if I feel stable enough to reduce again. This is horrifying.

And today you state:

I am losing my ability to sleep again. Also severe stomach acid. Bad dreams. Waking with anxiety after only a few hours of sleep again. I am at a loss. Any suggestions? Feel very sick and scared.

Are you not sleeping because of the stomach issues related to your Prevacid reduction? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Marsha. Sorry you're in the insomnia group again, but I can certainly relate and sympathize. 

I took a peek at your benzo thread and you made an 8% Klonopin reduction 16 days ago. Before that, you had made a reduction in the Prevacid and reported some really severe symptoms:

it started about a month ago when I dropped the prevacid dose but since I dropped the 1/4 mg last Thursday the past two days and nights is when it became intense. I have never felt fear and depression like this ever in my life. I will wait 3 weeks before I decide if I feel stable enough to reduce again. This is horrifying.

And today you state:

Are you not sleeping because of the stomach issues related to your Prevacid reduction?

hi shep. Sorry for not responding right away. Have been on the benzo side trying to figure out where to go from here. Stopped being scared. I first reduced the prevacid like was suggested and had stomach issues, nausea but no reflux. So I went back to 30 mgs. I just seem to be confused because I really don't know what to do now. I reduced 8 percent of the clonazepam may 5 and the nausea has gotten severe and sleep wasn't to bad, I had one night of panic waking then the last three nights I sleep two hours then wake up in a panic with severe nausea. Cortisol wakings. Not sure where to go from here. Maybe you could step on over to the benzo side and read posts over there and see what you can gather.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I may be dying. I am so very sick. Severe nausea, severe weakness, jelly legs, dried out lips, dry mouth, chills. Body temperature is 95.5, muscles severely aching, heart rate goes from 41 to 89 and back down to 41, can't regulate thyroid, food makes me sick,tingling in extremities, severe hair loss, bruises, d3 at 16, my husband said yesterday that tardive dyskenisia symptoms, rapid eye blinking,jaw movement, mouth opening and closing had manifested after a particularly stressful day yesterday. Heart palpitations. I am sleeping well. Just very ill.

I have clarity of mind that has been absent for 12 years. Massive doses of Neuroleptics antidepressants benzos shut my brain down and I spent 2003 through 2015 indoors in a vegetative state.

I am very sick and have been i think since my youth. I grew up in the pacific northwest in poverty. My father beat me, my great grandfather sexually abused me and I was socially awkward and ridiculed in school. But I survived all that.

I just found out from my mother that my father was on tramadol and when the VA doctor told him what it was, he cold turkeyed it. He suffered withdrawal syndrome for over a year. He was also on three other opioid pain medications and managed to to get off them. It took about three years. All the years I was grossly drugged only my mom and dad were the only ones who kept saying there is nothing wrong with your mind. But I was basically in a coma like state.

In 2011 i began looking for a way off all the drugs because I was so very sick from pre-existing illnesses and horrible drug side effects. Can you imagine being overweight but not cognizant enough to know that I needed to eat and basically didn't eat for the most part of twelve years.

I don't know if I will survive all of this trauma to my body, but MY MIND IS CLEAR AND INTACT!

I have posted on the Benzo side regarding what I am doing to try to regain my health. I didn't know where to post it because frankly, it didn't seem to fit anywhere. So anyway I am just trying to piece together how I got to where I am today filling in the gaps as I go along. I am sorry I am not much help to anyone.

Just to anyone reading this, your brain will work again. I am not worried about the future.

Edited by scallywag
white space

• Moderator Emeritus

Marsha, that's a wonderful update. Enjoy your clear and intact mind!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Marsha, that's a wonderful update. Enjoy your clear and intact mind!

Thank you scallywag. I appreciate you taking the time to to read my post and to post a response. It encourages me. I a person of few words but you know "still waters run deep."

• Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if I will survive all of this trauma to my body, but MY MIND IS CLEAR AND INTACT!

You are a true survivor of more than just psych meds, Marsha. This sentence stood out. This is beautiful to read.  :)

In the hospital last night with bradycardia. Pulse was below 40 bpm. All blood work came back normal. Was advised to confer with a cardiologist. Just another bump in the road to complete and perfect health which is coming very soon. I am very optimistic about the future. I get my strength from my faith. I feel saddened that I am not allowed to share the wonderful future that awaits millions yet eastern religious practices are allowed and promoted on the open forum. But if that's the rules, so be it. I am happy to share my hope with anyone in a pm.

I had a reaction to vitamin d3. I took 200 to 400 iu per day for about 5 days. I got very depressed. Crying all sorts of things. My d3 is 16. I am very upset with my former health care provider, who put me on prevacid. I was never informed about it and vitamins and minerals were never tested. I am deficient in many areas.

My new doctor said to try out the d3 to start with and if I had a reaction we will go to the next plan. I have been getting back into the sunshine so that should bring the d3 up. I have been sensitive to any activating supplements for years including the B vitamins. So it comes as no surprise that the d3 adversely affected me. I have studied d3 in the symptoms and self care topic. Also have to see a cardiologist. Also have a sleep study done.

New doctor gave me floxiehope.com since I may have been flexed in 2013. Also told me about advances in light therapy. Have I left anything out? Most definitely. Will try to get to that later. Looking for medical malpractice attorney over the prevacid debacle. Well, that's my news for now.

Because of horrendous medical incompetence I now am deficient in many vitamins and minerals. My new integrative md said to start with the d3 and I started with 200-400 iu of the gel cap and squeezed the oil under my tongue. I took it for about 5 days. How do I know if I had a reaction to it? I had increased anxiety and cried the whole time. I need to increase my d3. I thankfully can tolerate the sunshine. I read 15 minutes will provide 20,000 iu d3. Does anyone know I this was a reaction to the d3 or if it is a result of d3 deficiency? I certainly do not want to feel like that again. If this needs to be merged with the other d3 topic I understand. I just need some input. Thank you.

• Moderator Emeritus

Marsha, THere must have been a "blip" in server response. The topic you started with your question on vitamin D3 was created twice.  I've moved one post to the vitamin D thread and the other here, in your intro thread.

I did a quick search at the Vitamin D Council website and found this Q&A: I'm deficient and had a reaction after taking D3

The person asking the question mentions having panic attacks as a reaction.

The reply mentions several conditons that indicate magnesium deficiency that must be supplemented as well.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction

Marsha, THere must have been a "blip" in server response. The topic you started with your question on vitamin D3 was created twice.  I've moved one post to the vitamin D thread and the other here, in your intro thread.

I did a quick search at the Vitamin D Council website and found this Q&A: I'm deficient and had a reaction after taking D3

The person asking the question mentions having panic attacks as a reaction.

The reply mentions several conditons that indicate magnesium deficiency that must be supplemented as well.

hi scallywag. Thank you. I have read that info on the vitamin d council website just recently also. But I thought we were supposed to introduce one supplement at a time. So I started with d3 per my doctors instructions. I had a reaction to magnesium citrate and my doctor said that the citrate is from mold and I probably having a reaction to the mold. So he said to take magnesium glycinate instead. Do you think it's safe to try the mag glycinate and the d3 together? Eeeeee. Scary. Suggestions are welcome and appreciated. I really have to take some action to raise my vitamins and minerals.

Please someone help me. Please.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha,  I take mag glycinate, I tried several and this is the one that I can tolerate. I also had a reaction to D3 when I was at my lowest but take it now and am fine with it, can you take a lower dose?  Epsom salts baths are amazing too, and a great source of magnesium as it is absorbed through the skin,I use half a kilo in the bath and on bad days a whole kilo, epsom salt and dead sea salt mixed.   if you don't have  bath a footbath is also good.  

What did your doctor say about the prevacid taper? It is one that prevents absorption of vitamins and some people need shots of B12 because of this.  

I also look forward to the time when we will no longer be sick, we can do our very best to take care of ourselves now so that we can keep going but the real blessings are to come  :) . . 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Marsha, are you taking the D3 with food or before/between meals? You may find it easier to tolerate if you take it immediately after eating.

What about gettting D3 the old fashioned way -- sun exposure? Going outside for 10 minutes on a sunny day and 15-20 on cloudy days can give you what you need to get vitamin D.  All you need to do is make sure that you've got a good amount skin exposed and not protected with sunscreen. A sundress or tank top exposes your shoulders and upper back and chest. If you wear shorts, you'll have lots of leg showing too. ;) That could build up your stores so that later in the summer you might be able to tolerate D3 capsules.

For the magnesium, you could try a brief soak (either a bath or just your feet) in a weak epsom salt bath. Since you've had sensitivity reactions, start much lower than what it says on the container, half or a quarter of their recommendation.

Also you could start trying foods that are higher in D3 and magnesium:
D3: fatty fish -- salmon, tuna, mackerel, anchovies, sardines; butter, cream and milk from grass-fed cows
Magnesium: dark leafy greens (chard, kale) with oil, nuts, mackerel, soy and other beans, dark chocolate (!!),

Working with supplements:
You could try low doses of each at the same time -- magnesium and D3. 

You were squeezing out the contents of D3 capsules.  Doing that with one 200 IU capsule into a small container or jar, and adding 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of olive oil will give you 4 doses of 50 IU of D3. ( 1 teaspoon or 2.5 ml each)

For the magnesium, you could try the glycinate form in capsules or powder, as your doctor suggested. Open up the capsule, take half or quarter of it; cut or crush a tablet and do the same. Another option is to try magnesium topically -- through the skin.  You could dissolve your Mag-citrate capsule powder or crushed tablets into a simple body lotion and apply it that way. Altostrata tried that with good results see the Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker thread. The simplest way is to take a brief bath in a weak Epsom salts bath.

scallywag's Introduction

Marsha, are you taking the D3 with food or before/between meals? You may find it easier to tolerate if you take it immediately after eating.

What about gettting D3 the old fashioned way -- sun exposure? Going outside for 10 minutes on a sunny day and 15-20 on cloudy days can give you what you need to get vitamin D.  All you need to do is make sure that you've got a good amount skin exposed and not protected with sunscreen. A sundress or tank top exposes your shoulders and upper back and chest. If you wear shorts, you'll have lots of leg showing too. ;) That could build up your stores so that later in the summer you might be able to tolerate D3 capsules.

For the magnesium, you could try a brief soak (either a bath or just your feet) in a weak epsom salt bath. Since you've had sensitivity reactions, start much lower than what it says on the container, half or a quarter of their recommendation.

Also you could start trying foods that are higher in D3 and magnesium:D3: fatty fish -- salmon, tuna, mackerel, anchovies, sardines; butter, cream and milk from grass-fed cowsMagnesium: dark leafy greens (chard, kale) with oil, nuts, mackerel, soy and other beans, dark chocolate (!!),

Working with supplements:

You could try low doses of each at the same time -- magnesium and D3. 

You were squeezing out the contents of D3 capsules.  Doing that with one 200 IU capsule into a small container or jar, and adding 10 ml (2 teaspoons) of olive oil will give you 4 doses of 50 IU of D3. ( 1 teaspoon or 2.5 ml each)

For the magnesium, you could try the glycinate form in capsules or powder, as your doctor suggested. Open up the capsule, take half or quarter of it; cut or crush a tablet and do the same. Another option is to try magnesium topically -- through the skin.  You could dissolve your Mag-citrate capsule powder or crushed tablets into a simple body lotion and apply it that way. Altostrata tried that with good results see the Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker thread. The simplest way is to take a brief bath in a weak Epsom salts bath.

ok thank you again scallywag. I have been getting lots of sun exposure on my body every day for about a month now so my levels might be up some. I have started eating three cans of sardines per week. I took one magnesium bath and it was very relaxing. I used about half cup of Epsom salts and some baking soda. So I will try to introduce both the d3 and the bath

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Marsha. I also eat fish, including sardines and I think it does help. It sounds like you're doing all you can and even if the results don't happen right away, I think in the long run, all of that will add up, leading to lots of healing. 

Sending healing vibes your way. 

Hi, Marsha. I also eat fish, including sardines and I think it does help. It sounds like you're doing all you can and even if the results don't happen right away, I think in the long run, all of that will add up, leading to lots of healing. 

Hi Shep. I completely stopped the d3 and epsom salt baths. I got a headache after the bath 1/4 cup epsom salt and. Partial amount of d3 from 400 iu gel cap. Started crying upset all day and didn't get but an hour's sleep. Am recovered now. So will have to rely on sunshine and diet. I am going to get Paul Pitchfords book "Healing with whole foods." I want to consult with him when I can afford it. I have corresponded with him. Thanks for the healing vibes. Sending some your way too.

• 4 weeks later...

Labs done. Brought my d3 up to 25.1 from 16 by exposing my skin to sunshine every day. Read Izabella Wentz book and recognized my whole life story. Trying to think positive. Severely hypothyroid due to lab error. Took one month to have TPO, TSH, off the charts. Going in for more advanced testing in other areas to detect gut infection, parasites, SIBO, Yersinia,etc. hashimotos was never investigated thoroughly. Took synthroid but the complexities of what coaccured as what often happens with hashimotos led to psychiatric polydrugging and steady decline in health. HHoping NP and Dr Madill can sort it out and keep me alive. Mental clarity remains, just a sick body right now. No tapering since 2 percent reduction of clonazepam 2 weeks ago. No withdrawal symptoms. Need a mammaP hug about now.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I should post over here due to complexity of my situation. My tsh was 8.5 on July 22. Due to the lab to doctor miscommunication I was not taking the right dosage of levothyroxine for about 6 weeks. TPO antibodies were 133. T3 and T4 were both on the low end of the reference range. I knew something was wrong and it was totally different from withdrawal symptoms. NP increased levo to. .75 mcg and then. .88 mcg. July was very tumultuous. But I am beginning to feel improvement now. While NP reads Isabella Wentz thyroid book she instructed me to reduce 2 % of clonazepam. I had to gradually move the afternoon dose of clonazepam to nightime so I have resisted until last night to reduce 2 %. I had some unpleasant feelings today in the form of fear and hot flashes. I don't want to risk destabilizing and am wondering if I should have waited until my next thyroid panel to start the reduction. Is there anyone who can weigh in on this incredibly complex situation?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Marsha.

It would be best if you could stabilize your thyroid before making another clonazepam cut. It will be very difficult to tell the difference between your thyroid symptoms and the effects of benzo withdrawal. Also, you don't want to get any more run down.

You mentioned that you had no withdrawal symptoms in your prior post on July 24, so your benzo taper seems to be going well. Best not to upset that and let your thyroid get stable first.

Sending healing vibes your way. I hope you get some relief from the fear and hot flashes soon. 

Hi, Marsha.

It would be best if you could stabilize your thyroid before making another clonazepam cut. It will be very difficult to tell the difference between your thyroid symptoms and the effects of benzo withdrawal. Also, you don't want to get any more run down.

You mentioned that you had no withdrawal symptoms in your prior post on July 24, so your benzo taper seems to be going well. Best not to upset that and let your thyroid get stable first.

Sending h

ealing vibes your way. I hope you get some relief from the fear and hot flashes soon.

Hi Shep. It is good to hear from you. Thank you for your consideration of my very complex situation. It is a real balancing act to prevent destabilization (whatever that is right now). But in order to keep getting the cooperation of mmy NP I really need to tow the line and at least attempt to comply with her instructions. She is under pressure due to this whole benzo thing that medical professionals are under these days. And intuitively, I know now is the time to be tapering even if it is 2 percent. It is what it is. I will adapt. I hope you can understand my logic. I do appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to review my and advise me about my concerns. I hope you continue on your own healing path.

Hi Marsha, ive been away for awhile. Did you ever get off the geodon? Ill be cutting mine out in the next 2nor 3 weeks, it has lost its effect for me. Ive wondered about you often, i didnt read this whole thread but when i last checked in you were tapering slowly off geodon.

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

Hi Marsha, ive been away for awhile. Did you ever get off the geodon? Ill be cutting mine out in the next 2nor 3 weeks, it has lost its effect for me. Ive wondered about you often, i didnt read this whole thread but when i last checked in you were tapering slowly off geodon.

Hi Iamfine. Yes I did get off the geodon. I stopped taking it December 19 and then completely stopped December 31 2015. I have been very sick since then. I did not experience any tardive psychosis or akathisia, but did have what what we thought was tardive dyskenisia which started to manifest at the lower dose. I developed insomnia from it in 2009 and got put on high doses of trazodone to help me sleep. Then various other drugs were added and removed. When I finally stopped geodon I was at approximately 40 mgs. I felt I did what was best by stopping it. But you know unless it is absolutely necessary to go faster it is very important to slowly taper off at 10 % or less of the current dose. There is a topic on tips for tapering geodon or maybe it's tips for tapering off ziprasidone. It done know how to provide the link to the topic but you can just do a search and it will pop up. It's in the tapering topic.

I'm taking 160 mg now, my pdoc said to just take 80 mg for a week then stop. I emptied hall of a capsule this morning so today i will just take 120 mg. i dont have enough left to do 10%.

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

I feel I have learned much from being here and would very much like to help others, but I have to go away now. It makes me sad and afraid but it will be for the best. I will log off now.

• Moderator Emeritus

Okay, sometimes it's good to take a breather from the forum. 

I hope you feel better soon, and we'll chat when you come back.

Oh, I just came to say hi to Marsha because she left such a nice message on Juwell's thread.

Nice to see you're still here and slowly vanquishing the drugs, Iamfine. The amazing thing is that I tried a lot of drugs, but I had to delete a lot of yours to come up with my list!

Prozac, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lamictal, Geodon (prescribed, didn't take), Abilify, Latuda (didn't finish the sample pack), Ritalin, Adderall, Valium (filched from my dad for relief during 1.5-yr withdrawal symptoms, Klonopin (emergency prescription during immediate post-Ritalin panicky anxiety; made me cry all day).

And Shep, congratulations, period.

Finally, Marsha, Hi. I hope you kept up your progress. I hope it isn't as bad as you feared. It might not be.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Hi Shep and West coast and Iamfine. I am okay. Just really sick with thyroid, cardiac problems and some kind of neurological condition.

Hi Marsha

Thanks for your comment in  my intro.

Hope you are okay.

Stay strong

nz11

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I reduced the prevacid 10 % 8.16.16. Holding the clonazepam at 2.60 mg. Still trying to stabilize thyroid. Lots of ups and downs but getting lots of help from my son in using my brain to promote positive thinking and healing. I had a 1 1/2 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Wow! First daytime nap in 12 years. And not the drugged antidepressant naps that caused sleep paralysis. So refreshing. Slept almost 12 hours last night. So thyroid has a ways to go. Seeing integrative functional medical team at cpmc institute for health and healing. Keeping positive thoughts about it. I will get help for my thyroid, gut health, and also with the trauma of the result of polydrugging. They were very helpful. Seven days tomorrow since prevacid drop. Will drop another 10 percent. No rebound acid. Some mild nausea. Using dgl. Tried goodbelly probiotic. Started small and worked up to recommended dose but started to have gas and bloating. Will revisit probiotic again later on. Looking forward to being able to absorb the nutrients from my food after getting off prevacid. Life is good and will get better and better.