Marsha: can I taper off geodon before gabapentin?

Marsha

• Moderator Emeritus
How do I find a meet up group near me? I will try to find one thank you

Hi, Marsha.

Ali's suggestion for a meet-up sounds like a wonderful idea. 

This is the meetup website:

MeetUp.com

You can click on what activity interests you, enter your zip code, and find things to do in your own area.

I'm glad you have an appointment with Will Hall. He's a great advocates and seems really compassionate and intelligent.

In my experience they always " stuff " you up . ( Doctors)  My mantra now is to be " doctor free" and my own woman and health advocate. I do my own research on how to stay healthy and the number one thing is to stay away from doctors. LOL.

I hope 2017 is a good one for you , Marsha.

Please look into that website ( above ). Thank you Shep. That is a great start for you. I hope you explore that. We 're here for you and care so much . We're all in this together .

Hugs ,

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

In my experience they always " stuff " you up . ( Doctors)  My mantra now is to be " doctor free" and my own woman and health advocate. I do my own research on how to stay healthy and the number one thing is to stay away from doctors. LOL.

I hope 2017 is a good one for you , Marsha.

Please look into that website ( above ). Thank you Shep. That is a great start for you. I hope you explore that. We 're here for you and care so much . We're all in this together .

Hugs ,

Ali.

Thanks Ali and Shep. Ya I am pretty "stuffed" to the gills with doctors too but I have to get me ole thyroid a workin again. Lol So off i will go for the necessary blood panels. Yes, we are all in this together.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

I am kind of stuck. With only so many monetary funds available, I have to pick what I think is going to be the most important healthwise. For as yet unknown reason, probably a combination of factors, my thyroid is not converting t4 to t3 and instead reverse t3 which is causing severe hypothyroid symptoms. I am producing both hashimotos and graves antibodies as well. The only provider who has a clue and has taken a personal interest in my WD and my thyroid and overall health is my naturepath. We were trying to stop the reverse t3 problem by starting the nature-throid at a very low dose which is one way to address it but the t3 in it was so activating it threw me into a complete tailspin, insomnia, cortisol spikes emotional rollercoaster followed by the comprehensive list of thyroid symptoms. So we had to chuck that idea. I have to get this rt3 under control so I don't end up with diabetes, high blood pressure, weight gain essentially metabolic syndrome. He has a good understanding of the dangers of psych drugs and I am giving him a more accurate understanding of tapering. Overall, he is my best ally out there as he is humble and learns and is so flexible. And my husband's heart started acting up and he had to take a nitro last night. So just thinking out loud on my keyboard.

I am not a medical professional. My comments and posts are based on personal experiences. Please consult appropriate medical professionals for advice. 

I was started on psych drugs back in the late 80's. You name it. I probably was on it. 47 different drugs. Over 57 thousand pills. Tapered off final cocktail February 1st, 2013- September 9th, 2019. For Hashimotos I take Levothyroxine. Liothyronine. BP meds. For supplements I take B12 hydroxy. Fish oil w/D3. Bee pollen. Magnesium Glycinate.

• 3 weeks later...

I am being gaslighted by my doctors. I am simply trying to get one of them to address my thyroid issues which are valid. Yesterday I was told I had dual diagnosis which means the doctor thinks I am a mentally ill substance abuser.

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, Marsha I'm sorry to read that your doctor is diagnosis-abusing you. It's the last thing any of us need when we're trying to cope symptoms.

When a medical professional does that, it's an implicit, unconscious confession that they don't have the knowledge or experience to help you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Oh, Marsha I'm sorry to read that your doctor is diagnosis-abusing you. It's the last thing any of us need when we're trying to cope symptoms.

When a medical professional does that, it's an implicit, unconscious confession that they don't have the knowledge or experience to help you.

Hi Scally. Thank you. I know you understand what it's like.

I have sought to educate my providers and asked them to partner with me in my recovery. my pcp dismissed me from her practice because I requested a referral to a different endo than the one that they send everyone to and a host of other bs.

I have legitimate concerns and she refused to even come into the exam room but sent the clinic administrator in who proceeded tell me I wasn't allowed to seek out second opinions. Here I am sick with this autoimmune disease and a mass on my thigh and she refused to even share with me the results and path report of the ultrasound.

Anyway, the next guy, started in with dual diagnosis, mdd and I stood my ground made him back off. I read his notes on my portal and the guy actually lied through his teeth recording the results of a physical exam that he did not even perform. My husband was with me at both of these doctor encounters and we have made hard copies of the notes of both doctors and of my written response to each one.

I will not be bullied and gaslighted ever again after having made my way out of the system.

I guess it's what we have to deal with in the broken medical system. However, the psychiatrist my husband and I go to is very supportive of our tapers and even admitted that he was basically a "Wal-mart" psychiatrist. Lol! But he is letting us taper properly and told my husband yesterday he was proud of us and our efforts and diligence. And this is the guy that threw Dr Breggins book at me when I tried to show him the proper tapering method. Funny. Oh well. It is what it is.

So I am without a pcp for now. Hope you are doing ok. I am only able to read bits and pieces of everything here, so apologies for not being up to date on your progress. Take care Scally and everyone.

Edited by AliG
added paragraph breaks

Hi Marsha. I'm sorry too , however it sounds like you have turned at least one psychiatrist around. Being without a PCP whatever that is :  can only be a good thing at this point. 

Let's " undoctor ourselves " and move on positively and healthfully.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• 5 months later...

I am completely confused right now. I don't think I can navigate. I can't even figure out how to post on my own topic, thread whatever it's called. So sorry. I am dwarfed by technology after being asleep for so many years and other factors. I am overwhelmed by long posts and links provided to help me. I am so sorry. I can't watch TV or spend much time on anything that requires concentration. I makes me sick to my stomach.  I wonder what I should do. Again so sorry for my limitations. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Marsha, is there a specific issue that you're having with the site?  We'd be happy to help you but need more detail.

Edited by scallywag

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.
1997-1999 Effexor; 2002-2005 Effexor XR 37.5 mg linear taper, dropping same #beads/week with bad results

Cymbalta 60 mg 2012 - 2015; 2016: 20 mg to 7 mg exact doses and dates in this post; 2017: 6.3 mg to  0.0 mg  Aug. 12; details here

scallywag's Introduction
Online spreadsheet for dose taper calculations and nz11's THE WORKS spreadsheet

Hi Scally. I am very sorry I cannot supply more detail or specifics right now. Just that the whole site is completely foreign like another language or something like that. I'm frightened by my limitations. Reaching a level of "shut down and restart." Entering panic mode. I may have to ask my counselor Jon Keyes  for some assistance as I realize no one here is equipped to address my situation. (No disrespect intended whatsoever)

Edited by Marsha
Misspelled name

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone. I am doing well. Getting things done,  solving problems, enjoying life and recovery and validation. I still am grossly incompetent in regards to technology stuff but I get by. Not going to fret about it. Just take one or a few things at a time and try (no there is no try only do,  as Yoda said) so I just do what I'm capable of and not sweat the small or big stuff. 

Maybe take a peek on the Benzo side and check there to. Sending out hope and positive thoughts to all. This sure ain't a piece of cake this life we live is it. But I can say, keeping busy, engaging in conversation, exercise as I am able, spirituality, careful eating (and eating enough lol), being assertive and tactful with relationships and learning and carefully navigating the medical system is working. I know I screw up sometimes, it's just gonna happen, but I am making the best of what I have been dealt and believing that recovery is not only possible but taking steps daily to achieve it.

So that's what's going on right now. (Sure wish technology want so daunting for me, how do I attach a link anyway, or put an avatar in place of my blank head?)  I have a free online app that will teach me everthing I need to know. I will start learning from it. So long for now. 

Edited by Marsha
Put spaces in for ease of reading

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Marsha said:

Hi everyone. I am doing well. Getting things done,  solving problems, enjoying life and recovery and validation.

Great to hear, Marsha.

I hope things keep going well for you. 

Hello everyone! Our dear moderator Shep has suggested I get some feedback from the mods over on this side since I am contemplating holding on the benzo taper for now and start a taper of the gabapentin.  I believe I am experiencing some pretty significant side effects from thegabapentin from what I have read. Anyway, need to get a doctor on board with this decision. I couldn't find the topic on tapering gabapentin  (I know it's here somewhere hiding from me lol) Maybe someone could give me a nudge in the right direction. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha, the topics that we know are here have a habit of playing hide and seek.  It can be very frustrating.  Here's the one you want:  Tips for tapering off Neurontin (gabapentin)

I have found the easiest was to search is to use google and type in survivingantidepressants.org gabapentin (as an example)

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Ah, thank you dear CC. Will follow that link and research via Google. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha, good to see you this side. I would hold a while after the last cut of benzo to give your brain a break. You are doing great and Iam so proud of you, it has been a nightmare getting to this point for you but you have persevered and it has paid off.  :)

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Hi MammaP. Did you know you were the first to greet me when I logged my first post here?  Thank you for that advice. I will hold now for as long as I need to. I am having some pretty significant symptoms. I think related to the most recent events in my life. Not sure though.  So holding now and seeing if things settle down a bit. 

Hi Marsha,

Thanks for stopping by my thread. I posted a reply in my thread.

Best.

PAST

Gabapentin:  about 6 months in 2015, 300-900 mg, cold turkeyed Sept 2015 (at same time dc'd Klonopin)

Klonopin: June 2014- Sept 2015; 1mg tapered over 6 mths, dc'd at 0.25mg, withdrawal hellish (perhaps because of concurrent dc of gabapentin)

Mirtazepine: Jumped off at 2.4 mg. (stable in 8 months).

Seroquel:  June 14 - July 24, 2016, 25 mg alternate nights; smaller doses for shorter periods. Total use about 3 months 

Lamictal: March 19, 2018 - 1 mg; March 23 - 1.25 mg; April 6 - 2mg. Discontinued at 2 mgJuly 1, 2018 due to Steven Johnson Syndrome.

CURRENT

Supplements: Vit D, turmeric

Naturethroid: 65 mcg for hypothyroidism

Trazodone: Oct 2015 - June 2016; 75 mg tapered over 2 mths, intense w/d after 3 weeks. Reinstatement: 07/25/16 - 25 mg; updosed 08/03/16 - 50 mg;  10/01/16-  62mg; 03/24/17 dropped to 50 mg (stable in 2.5 months)

Current psych meds: Trazodone 50 mg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. Still here. Lots of turmoil lately. Trying to just find a quiet, cool, place to live and recover as much as is possible.

• 2 months later...

So in ICU on Thursday. My pulse suddenly jumped to 170 bpm and bp was170/103. Took about an hour to bring it down. Given injection of amiodarone and dilTIAZem then enoxaparin injection into abdomen to dissolve any blood clots. Diagnosis: sick sinus syndrome, tachycardia/bradycardia type. Afib. Last night back in ER with bradycardia, dizzy, partially incoherent. Further cardiac studies next week. Hoping this was triggered by my raging hashimotos and stress. Really scary experience today in the main hospital in Napa valley. An on call cardiologist came in my room for ten minutes trying to schedule me for a pacemaker tomorrow without any kind of discussion really. Also the hospitaliist tried to keep my personal meds and force me to take what she wanted. Basically said no klonopin! I asked the cardiologist if there was some urgency to to the proceedure and he said no. I was not comfortable snd theyreally scared me so I checked myself out and going to need a more cooperative group. I live near the bay area in northern California. Does anyone know where I could go? 

• Moderator Emeritus

Marsha, I am so sorry to see that you are going through all this. Prayers, thoughts and huge hugs going your way. I hope you are improving now. I haven't been in much so only just saw this. I am still going through lots of tests and hospital appintments, my BP is much more stable npw which is great but my eyes are no better. One day we will be better! :wub:

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh my.  Did they start you or discharge you on additional medication?  That's scary, especially the incoherent part and no one giving you full disclosure on the pacemaker.

Catch us up when you are able.  And what other meds. were you on before the gabapentin and klonopin........maybe it's here in your introduction, I don't see it in your signature though........as I know you had had years and years of psycho medication just like me.

Best.......I don't know about hosp. or health care groups in the Bay Area........maybe Kaiser?  I know some folks have been happy with them.  Hopefully by now you have found care more to your liking.

Prayers and healing thoughts.......

manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi mammaP and manymoretodays

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and considerations. I have not really been reading much here so apologies for my ignorance. My heart settled down substantially after I left Clearlake for the umpteenth time because it, them, is a huge trigger and the entire situation here (came back again yesterday) I just cannot process the hurt, pain, sadness etc. here. Adventist doctor tried to give me beta blockers, and then cardizem calcium channel blocker. I refused both. I have been at my son's home. I wonder if the geodon/trazodone combo, the huge depletions from the stomach acid blockers and generally the stress may have damaged my heart. I don't know. I feel quite sad. My son helps immensely. I am tired. Does it help to be home with your mum, in the house you grew up in, sleeping in your bed there? It did while I was there for five months this year. It  was very healing. But after returning here to california, my health and outlook have rapidly deteriorated. I can't talk anymore about all those years past and the journey from what seems like another dimension, the world is so completely foreign to me like going fast forward in a time machine. My son is looking into getting compensation for me, from the doctor who did this to me and actually my family. Can anyone help me find how to break this destructive loop I am in? I just have total revulsion of everything associated with this place. 

12 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Oh my.  Did they start you or discharge you on additional medication?  That's scary, especially the incoherent part and no one giving you full disclosure on the pacemaker.

Catch us up when you are able.  And what other meds. were you on before the gabapentin and klonopin........maybe it's here in your introduction, I don't see it in your signature though........as I know you had had years and years of psycho medication just like me.

Best.......I don't know about hosp. or health care groups in the Bay Area........maybe Kaiser?  I know some folks have been happy with them.  Hopefully by now you have found care more to your liking.

Prayers and healing thoughts.......

manymoretodays

15 hours ago, mammaP said:

Marsha, I am so sorry to see that you are going through all this. Prayers, thoughts and huge hugs going your way. I hope you are improving now. I haven't been in much so only just saw this. I am still going through lots of tests and hospital appintments, my BP is much more stable npw which is great but my eyes are no better. One day we will be better! :wub:

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so happy that your son is on it all for you Marsha.  I wish I knew honey........I wish I could wave my magic wand somehow for all of us.  It's a day on and then a day off for me lately.  Sometimes all I can do is refocus on positives and just keep going.  If you can........go back to your Mom.  Do you get another Jon Keyes skype visit therapy soon?

I'll try and get some of my "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms" entries going in my journal....... for me and you and anyone else that finds that calming.

Thanks for adding to your signature.......

Love, peace, healing,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 11/14/2017 at 6:11 PM, manymoretodays said:

I'm so happy that your son is on it all for you Marsha.  I wish I knew honey........I wish I could wave my magic wand somehow for all of us.  It's a day on and then a day off for me lately.  Sometimes all I can do is refocus on positives and just keep going.  If you can........go back to your Mom.  Do you get another Jon Keyes skype visit therapy soon?

I'll try and get some of my "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farms" entries going in my journal....... for me and you and anyone else that finds that calming.

Thanks for adding to your signature.......

Love, peace, healing,

mmt

Hi manymoretodays 

Mum helped me get calmed down last night so I could rest.  She's a retired nurse. 44 years. Got stranded in a motel too sick to get back to Clearlake.  Called mum she had me lie on right side, right arm folded under side of my head, legs slightly pulled up and left arm resting on left leg. She spoke softly and reassured me. I am still her baby. Love her so much. Fell off to sleep. At son's tonight. More doctors tomorrow. Checking for systemic mold. The fireplace is warm. 

Yes, love, peace, healing

• Moderator Emeritus

Perfect!  My Mum is going to be 90 and is intact, living on her own still, and yah..........that sounds perfect then.  My Mum is still my Mum and no longer suggests further psych. care but does say I have to get over this W/D thing.  She IS comforting though, and very kind, and my heroine sometimes.  As far as patience and tolerance.......she is pretty judgemental still, but hey.......she is nearly 90!   Your Mom sounds smart.

Is your son in Clearlake as well as your now separated from you husband?  And Mom is in the NW?

I was a nurse for nearly 20 years, advanced practice for 8 of those........still licensed but dropped my advanced practice part.  Unlikely I will go back to it.......but I like to keep the credentials up anyway.  Glad I took that journey........the professional Nursing route.  It was good and then wasn't but that's just me.

Okay........keep up the good work.  Rest well.

mamamanymoretodays B)

• 2 months later...

Hi. Making an update. I'm seeing Dr at IHH in Santa Rosa Tuesday finally. My heart/blood pressure/pulse/edema/cortisol/histamine thing going on to be addressed. Have not been well since early January.  A little better but still something not right. To see Sutter cardiology asap for a full cardio workup and tilt table test. Just started a very  slow taper to get from 1.08 mg klonopin to 1 just so I won't have to contend with hospital personnel about the .08 a.m. dose. Forgot my noon t3 dose today but feel ok. I got all my pharmacy records for the past 20 years and was able to piece together how the poly pharmacy started and when. It was a paxil cold turkey and attempted Xanax cold turkey by PA in August of 1998. By November of 1998 I was on a benzo, AD, neuroleptic, and another drug. I have no memory of the neuroleptic. I don't know how it wss introduced. I  also obtained records from the clinic I used to go to and my tardive diskensia had been observed in early 2015 and was noted in my record. My chronic bradycardia was observed in 2014 and was noted. However, the clinic staff reported to me my pulse was normal even after I started to report slow pulse and edema. So holding gabapentin at 480 mg and will have labs and exam tomorrow to check my thyroid function, as well as my heart, kidneys and liver. I get dehydrated easily so need electrolyte drinks to restore balance and prevent lower extremity edema. Hoping to iron these stubborn and persistent issues out and start feeling better. I am in bed and using my phone since I have trouble at the desktop. So will update signature as soon as I can. Also, I have officially undiagnosed as having schizophrenia. Since the doc can't treat me without a diagnosis, I agreed that anxiety would suffice until my prescriber and I bid each other adieu at the end of my taper. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha,

Sounds like a lot is going on.  Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.   Would love to hear the most recent update.

Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Love, peace, healing/inrecovery, and growth,

mmt.....Rebecca of Sunnybrook farms :)

• 4 months later...

Another update.

Everything pretty much ok. Heart rhythms settled. No longer b12 deficient. Can tolerate adenosyl b12 injections and mma confirms optimal b12. Still need to be very careful in direct sun and heat. Thyroid antibodies came way up after falling off auto immune paleo diet wagon and eating gluten. Pretty much healthy though as long as I handle life stressors. Got some kind of psysiological response to my location here where most of the icky stuff took place as regards drugging et.al. So working on that.  Can't change the past though but sure can do something about the days ahead. Feel positive. Learned something about elephants.  They circle and protect their young, sick and injured and even make little sounds of compassion to those young and in distress. Ever hear of a periscope sniff? Now you have. Elephants do it with their trunks to look for danger. We can learn a lot from them and imitate them. 

Soooo...until next time

Courage is fear that has said it's prayers.

• 5 months later...

Been taking pictures with my phone. Doing a bit of poetry and descriptive short stories. Try to get to ocean and trees as much as possible. My son has been helping me with addressing the trauma of the drugging experience and and how to retrain my amydala since we don't have funds for much. A little cranialsacral therapy settles my nervous system. I finally read "The body keeps the score." It was neat easy to do that but it answered so much. I can't read much information of that kind since it is unsettling so I select carefully my choices.  So much in the way of memories has returned albeit at the most inopportune times hence the post traumatic stress. Just trying to live a quiet and private life and contribute when and where I feel I can be of some benefit to both others and myself.  I went to snow country for the first time in 20 years and walked in the beauty at 6000 feet. Oh how lovely. Capturing a blossom today with my camera. So delicate. There is much beauty even in the midst of tumult.  I am so very happy to have my senses back. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Marsha, 

So good to hear that you have got some wonderful distractions happening there. Your outdoor adventures sound magnificent. I’m a photoholic like you too, I love taking nature shots. I’m glad you have your senses back, and can enjoy nature. 

With your poetry, have you written any poems on your journey with withdrawals?

Take care, sending hugs🤗

Seroquel. 2019:➡️ From 7.25mg to 5.80mg✔️ 2020➡️From 5.60 to 4.80✔️ 2021➡️From 4.60 to 4.0✔️ 2022➡️From 3.95 to 3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️
2024➡️Jan15=3.20✔️ Feb19=3.15✔️ March26=3.10✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

• Moderator Emeritus

It's so wonderful to read Marsha!

Wishing you a happy New Year, continued healing and joy in your senses :)

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

• Administrator

That is remarkable, Marsha. You've come so far!

What drugs are you taking now?

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I updated my signature and corrected typos. Now taking 100 mg gabapentin in a. m. 200 mg at bedtime. And .41 clonazepam at bedtime. Tapering clonazepam slowly with the help of a kindly m.d. through the institute for health and healing in northern California. 

Have not composed anything as regards withdrawal from psychiatric drugs that I saved. Just mostly discovering and delighting  that I can once again call upon my creative ability which for many years had served as one of the many coping skills I had employed prior to the drugging. Maximum daily doses of  neuroleptics for over a decade effectively shut down my brain. However, I would have to say it is a testament to our ability to overcome even these such things.