JanCarol

Peter Gotzscke Melbourne Talk

JanCarol

Peter Gotzschke recently came to Australia, and toured around our cities, lecturing sometimes 3-5 times in each major city.

He had an important message to bring, and his reputation preceded him - lots of pdocs came, and other care providers.

Some of the pdocs argued with him (in Brisbane) about the value of "forced treatment" and neuroleptics, insisting that the benefit of these drugs "saved lives."

Here is the Melbourne talk:

oskcajga

This is a really excellent video.  This should be required viewing for anyone going through a bad ssri effect.  Probably should be required viewing for anyone over the age of 8 in the US and Europe.

"After 5  years, 45% of patients are still on the drug".  Holy moly, that has to be some sort of ridiculous record.   That's pretty scary, tragic information right there. 

In contrast, after 5 years only 5% of alcoholics haven't relapsed. 

These sort of videos have basically convinced me that the FDA does absolutely nothing for consumers.  Dr. Healy's videos also seem to corroborate this fact.  The FDA is basically nothing more than an arm of the pharmaceutical company.  The level of corruption is just ridiculous.

The situation with suicides is really just disgusting. 

It's sort of amazing that financial compensation can make people who work for pharmaceutical companies willing to kill and injure hundreds of thousands of people.  I'd be willing to be that MOST American families have been adversely affected by pharmceutical companies.  How much pain and suffering have these companies caused American families?  It's just baffling.

I'm just baffled at how my entire life can be explained by this guy in one seminar.  ADHD, meds, bad parents, etc etc etc, then the bad effects and all of my gullibility issues with psychiatrists.  I'm just extremely relieved that I saw the video, it's great to see a professional speaking up about these serious issues.

This professor is sort one of my heroes right now.  He's blunt, intelligent, and correct.

oskcajga

Bump.

westcoast

"gullibility issues with psychiatrists"

I was absolutely gullible too. I no fears or worries about the pills. I'm trying to recall what I thought about side effects. "In rare cases, violence and mania..." or words to that effect. "Rare cases" means "someone else," I guess.

I'm glad he went down to Aus. If just one country sees the light, the rest might come around...US will be last.

nz11

I would love for Gotzsche to spend some time on this site.

Lets introduce him to Songbird then he will have known of another doing a '7' yr taper. That would double it to two. In his book he seemed ...im inferring and reading between the lines here....unaware of tapers over a 1 yr period.

however i think he is now getting his taper paradigm rocked. And thats a good thing. Even in the Maudsley debate he finished with 'we need tapering clinics' !

Go go go Gotzsche!

JanCarol

I just watched another talk by him just last year:

and he also answers questions in this video from the same conference:

In these talks he seems very frustrated at Bertel Rudinger (a pharmacist) and Olga Runciman (psychologist & survivor) and their slow tapering.

Goetzsche wants to see people off their neuroleptics as quickly as possible because he is so afraid of the damage they are doing.

But Runciman and Rudinger insist that, even in the face of this, it is essential to go slowly.