SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

A Favor to Ask...

summer

Just a click on the Breast Cancer site http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/ to pay for a free mammogram, it only takes a few seconds

Please tell ten friends to tell ten today! The Breast Cancer site is having trouble getting enough people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go to their site and click on 'donating a mammogram' for free (pink window in the middle).

This doesn't cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors /advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate mammogram in exchange for advertising.

Here's the web site! Pass it along to people you know.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

AGAIN,

PLEASE TELL 10 FRIENDS TO TELL 10 TODAY

Charter Member 2011

Thanks for this post Summer.

I honoured your request. Just went into the site and clicked as per your instructions.

I will pass this along to a few friends.

What if we were to go into the site on a daily basis? It only took me seconds (not minutes) to support a worthy cause.

I'm going to place a note on my computer desk so I can click on the link each morning.

Punar

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

Be Not Afraid of Growing Slowly. Be Afraid of Only Standing Still.

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

That's wonderful, Pun - and a great way for each of us to do our little part. It really does take only a few seconds. I try to remember to do it, yet forget often too. Maybe we could all remind one another.

Charter Member 2011

That's wonderful, Pun - and a great way for each of us to do our little part. It really does take only a few seconds. I try to remember to do it, yet forget often too. Maybe we could all remind one another.

Did it yesterday and again today thanks to the note in front of my computer work space.

Hope every member (both male and female) takes a few seconds to click on the site since, it's NOT okay for any person (male or female) to be denied any form of health care.

Punar

To Face My Trials with "The Grace of a Woman Rather Than the Grief of a Child". (quote section by Veronica A. Shoffstall)

(Chinese Proverb)

I Create and Build Empowerment Within Each Time I Choose to Face A Fear, Sit with it and Ask Myself, "What Do I Need to Learn?"

• 4 weeks later...

Done!

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Thanks for bumping this, Punar. :) I've been forgetting but will try to make up for it.

No problemo Ms. Summer (Beautiful Queen of Blueberryland). BTW, I thought it was very compassionate and caring of you to start this thread and I honour your spirit for doing so.

I will now proceed to do engage in "the click".

BTW, thanks to you too Nadia! I love when people take the time to make a difference in someone else's life. I honour your spirit as well!

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Hugs Punar... just clicked! :D

Return Hugs Ms. Summer.

Going to embark on another click.

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Just clicked.

I had a scare last year myself ,all turned out well .

Thanks for reminding me...

Glad all was well with you!

Charter Member 2011

Hi Summer,

I come here everyday for a free click - all for a brilliant cause!!!!

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.

I come here everyday for a free click - all for a brilliant cause!!!!

So good! And, you reminded me as well!

Charter Member 2011

Just clicked.

So sorry to hear this Pink. I myself had such a scare a few years ago so I completely understand. Glad to hear that things turned out well for you. Luckily, I too was okay.

Time to do the "click".

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Forgot to mention:

So nice to see others joining The Breast Brigade.

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Just clicked.

So sorry to hear this Pink. I myself had such a scare a few years ago so I completely understand. Glad to hear that things turned out well for you. Luckily, I too was okay.

Time to do the "click".

Punar

Glad your o.k.too Punar

where I live is a small isolated town and we have a breast screen bus come to town every year fully equiped with mammogram machine (not sure what you call it) the squasher .Women over fifty can have free mammograms every two years here and last year was my first visit . Very frightening at the time but all turned out well.

Off to "click"

Since we are admitting... I had a scare also... actually more than a scare... too long of a story... but, it's been 15 years I'm happy to say - and it's all good! I don't miss my yearly mammo appointment!

Clicked this morning.

Charter Member 2011

Since we are admitting... I had a scare also... actually more than a scare... too long of a story... but, it's been 15 years I'm happy to say - and it's all good! I don't miss my yearly mammo appointment!

Clicked this morning.

Hmmmm... thought I'd better clarify... I meant that I have a mammo every summer, without fail.

Charter Member 2011

Also clicking.

My Mum was successfully treated for cancer in early 60s after it was picked up by a scan.

As it was caught early she didn't need chemo and she's been in remission for 9 years now.

Citalopram for 6 months

Since then tapering off over last 4 months

20mg -> 15mg -> 10mg -> 5mg (roughly every 3-4 weeks)

Stayed at 2.5mg for approx 6 weeks

As of 9 Sept 2011 off citalopram

Also clicking.

My Mum was successfully treated for cancer in early 60s after it was picked up by a scan.

As it was caught early she didn't need chemo and she's been in remission for 9 years now.

So good to hear this! :)

Clicked.

Charter Member 2011

Glad your o.k.too Punar

where I live is a small isolated town and we have a breast screen bus come to town every year fully equiped with mammogram machine (not sure what you call it) the squasher .Women over fifty can have free mammograms every two years here and last year was my first visit . Very frightening at the time but all turned out well.

Off to "click"

Thank you Pink! Good to hear that your town provides free mammos. We have universal health care in my country and thus, are able to receive free yearly mammos.

BTW, I do understand the fear that you felt.

Click time once again.

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Clicked this morning.

Oh geez........so sorry you had to encounter this health crisis Ms. Summer but I'm so very happy that you are now okay and continue to be.

Bright, so happy to hear that your mother is okay and doing well.

Punar

(Chinese Proverb)

Also clicking.

Brighteningup Glad to hear your mum is o.k.

It just goes to show how important it is to keep this service going we all seem to know someone who has been effected.

Punar I think we have a good health system here in Australia but universal sounds better .

have a nice day everyone

click time.

Quote by Pink: Punar I think we have a good health system here in Australia but universal sounds better .

have a nice day everyone

click time.

Hey Pink.....

Our Universal health care does have it's problems along with gaps and inequities however, I am grateful for what we do have.

I'm not familiar with the system in Australia though and who knows your system may even be better than ours in many ways. (lol)

You have a nice day as well Pink!

Click

(Chinese Proverb)

Hey i tried to click 14 times as ive had no internet connection for that long, and it

wouldnt let me lol, but i will make up for all those missed clicks now im back.

Began taking 30mg Seroxat on 15th Jan 1997 for grief issues. Remained at that dosage until Dec 05, did doctor ct, akathesia set in along with being non functional and overly emotional, brain fog. Doctor prescribed prozac, propranelol and diazeapam to counteract side effects, and told me to ct those 3 after 2.5/3 months use, induced wd seizure on 2nd day after ct. Was reinstated on seroxat 20mg in april 06, remained at that dose until Nov 07 and began a very slow taper lasting 56 months, finally DRUG FREE on 11th may 2011.