SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Hi alto, yes i will update my signature soon. I have only taken the zyprexa about a month, and my pdoc said i could just quit it and replace it with seroquel. I am quitting the geodon as well, he said i could just take half (80 mg) for a week then quit. Im going to take it slower than that especially since ive been on it for 1 1/2 years. I am quitting the klonopin soon as well, however ive quit that one several times in the last ten years with no withdrawals. I even quit 3 mg/d once cold turkey. I am tapering this time just to be safe.

My pdocs goal is to have me taking only seroquel and ritalin in the next few months. As for how i feel right now, i feel surprisingly good. A little overmedicated maybe but not too bad. Ive been on and off many psych drugs in the last 13 years and ive never experienced any withdrawal symptoms, even after quitting cold turkey. To be honest i feel about the same on drugs as i do off, except i go hypomanic without a mood stabilizer or ap. That is with the exception of ritalin, ritalin is gooooood!

Thanks for your concern.

Edited by JanCarol
Higlight drug changes

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

In my reading on this forum it seems everyone is tapering off something but I find few who have happily quit all their meds. I'm am also a member of a couple pro med websites and it is amazing the difference in attitudes between the two groups. You get in trouble there for being anti med and you get in trouble here for being pro med. both groups are passionate about their causes and they are both convincing.

Hi Iamfine

Was just reading your thread and saw this.

I was wondering what camp you currently sit in 'pro med' or 'anti med'

I have never checked out these pro med sites but i wonder if you scratch them hard enough if you will find pharma funding.

Have you read Whitakers book 'Anatomy of an epidemic'

Wonder what these pro med people think about the information provided in this book especially his observation that psych meds are providing a new career opportunity - a disability cheque for life.

"The medicating of children and youth became commonplace only a short time ago and already it has put millions onto a path of lifelong illness" p246

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

It was extremely obvious I had Paxil withdrawal syndrome.

I think i'll be saving this to favourites.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Ive been on and off many psych drugs in the last 13 years and ive never experienced any withdrawal symptoms, even after quitting cold turkey.

:unsure:

Recovering paxil addict

In my reading on this forum it seems everyone is tapering off something but I find few who have happily quit all their meds. I'm am also a member of a couple pro med websites and it is amazing the difference in attitudes between the two groups. You get in trouble there for being anti med and you get in trouble here for being pro med. both groups are passionate about their causes and they are both convincing.

Hi Iamfine

Was just reading your thread and saw this.

I was wondering what camp you currently sit in 'pro med' or 'anti med'

I have never checked out these pro med sites but i wonder if you scratch them hard enough if you will find pharma funding.

Have you read Whitakers book 'Anatomy of an epidemic'

Wonder what these pro med people think about the information provided in this book especially his observation that psych meds are providing a new career opportunity - a disability cheque for life.

"The medicating of children and youth became commonplace only a short time ago and already it has put millions onto a path of lifelong illness" p246

I am neither pro nor anti med. i think some people absolutely need their medicine. In my case i need a mood stabilizer or else i get manic. I also believe ive been on too many drugs. I placed too much trust in my doctors.

As requested. In the last 3 years to the best of my recollection I first dropped the max dose of Lamictal. Yes I just stopped it was doing absolutely nothing. Then I dropped Lexapro, that was even easier I had been on and off that a dozen times before. There were at least 2 odd off label attempts at anxiety that I won’t be able to remember. Then there was sweet/evil Seroquel. That was the last to go it’s been around 16 months.

Lithium, Prozac, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Celexa, Lamictal, Lexapro, Luvox, Viibryd, Brintellix, Pristiq, Zoloft, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Geodon, Abilify, Latuda, Ritalin, Adderall, Valium, Clonazepam, Alprazolam, Propanalol, Spravato

In my case i need a mood stabilizer or else i get manic.

No disrespect but has it ever occurred to you,

1. That when you 'get manic' after you stop the drug, it is in fact a withdrawal symptom because you tapered too fast no doubt over weeks and not years.

2. That you don't swallow good mental health and

3. That your drugs have been your problem

I am so sorry the medical profession have done this to you.

Wishing you strength.

So glad your voice and experience has been added to sa.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

Well I know for sure it wasn't withdrawals all those years I was untreated.

How many of the moderators on here are drug free?

Well Jancarol went drug free in Feb earlier this year.

Brassmonkey is about to walk across the finish line in about 2-3 months having been tapering for about 5 years.

Alto is drug free.

im sure there are others and those that aren't are a future-drug-free.

At least you are dealing with people who have been there and yet made it back to the other side.

oh yeah i forgot Petu is drug free.

How many more do you want.

I know members of this site who are drug free with one in particular about to be 6 yrs drug free next month.

Well I know for sure it wasn't withdrawals all those years I was untreated.

Did you ever expose yourself to any illegal drugs prior to being manic?

Recovering paxil addict

Most of the moderators are not drug free. There are radicals on both sides of the fence. Neither side is completely right. I do however, think its dangerous to tell someone to not take their meds. Especially those who are psychotic.

Dont get me wrong, I would like to be drug free one day but from past history I'm pretty sure I'll have to be on something for the rest of my life. I am for sure going to be on fewer drugs than I am right now.

Most of the moderators are not drug free.

Big deal, so what are you trying to say?

I do however, think its dangerous to tell someone to not take their meds. Especially those who are psychotic.

No one here is saying stop taking your meds abruptly the reason being that these drugs are so brain altering for many they will end up in hospital if they do not because they are flawed in any way but because they didnt get off 'right'. This is due to medical error.

This is what Breggin says

Difficulty in stopping psychiatric drugs can lead misinformed or unscrupulous health professionals to tell patients that they need to take their drugs for the rest of their lives when they really need to taper and withdraw from them in a careful manner.   Breggin 2014.

We are talking 'careful' as meaning years of tapering for some.

Why don't you check out member Rhi (Rhiannon) and see her tapering regimen. She is getting her life back albeit slowly.

Lars Martensson observed in 1984 : Taking a neuroleptic is like having a "psychosis inducing agent built into the brain".

Whitaker has spoken of many studies where psychotic people were not drugged and did a galaxy better in the long term than those drugged.

Dont get me wrong, I would like to be drug free one day.

Well you can be totally free of drugs if you would just taper safely

I'm pretty sure I'll have to be on something for the rest of my life.

Well it seems to me that your doctor is doing all he possibly can to ensure that will be the case.

Edited by ChessieCat
Added Rhi's name and link to her topic

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Iamfine - you're back!

You said on 6-Aug that you had quit klonopin, and then you said on 7-Aug that you were going to quit klonopin.  

We really need that updated signature.

I am drug free (I just went CT off Nutella, that's what I'm still working on!), Alto is drug free, Shep is drug free, too (in addition to the ones NZ mentioned).  Often, when someone is healing, they stop coming to SA and start living life in the real world.  I said "goodbye" to my p-doc last week, "Thanks for all the fish."

It's not your history or your genes or your diagnosis that ties you to the drugs.  It's your strategies for living, your environment, your stress, the way you learned to "be in the world."    We use Non Drug Techniques for Coping with Emotional Symptoms instead of running to the pill bottle or the hospital or the p-doc.  Your current strategy is to drug your moods.  This is going to cost you your health if you continue.

Fewer drugs is good.  It looks like they are drugging your drugs (giving you ritalin for example, so you can survive the heavy neuroleptics)

But we cannot help at all without accurate information.  Please update your signature.

Here's a good format to consider (compliments of Chessie, Queen of the Sig Line):

Zoloft (18 years, since age 12)

--> "insert date" 100 mg

"insert date"  75 mg

with a bold for your latest dose.  I know you've been on a lot of stuff - we really only look at the last 1-2 years for what you are currently dealing with.  

Also a tip from Chessie - you can copy your current signature into your thread to save it, so you have a record of it before changing it.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Dont get me wrong, I would like to be drug free one day but from past history I'm pretty sure I'll have to be on something for the rest of my life. 

You have not even considered using safe tapering protocols, ever.  So how do you know? 

NZ (who is also drug-free) had the answer when he said:

Well you can be totally free of drugs if you would just taper safely

Get us that signature, and enter your drugs into the interactions checker, as Alto requested:

http://www.drugs.com/drug_interactions.html

Copy and paste your results here.

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Iamfine.  I  think it's a little unfair to say most of the moderators are not drug free, whatever that means or implies.  Quite a few are, as has been mentioned above and the others are working on it. Most , still on them are tapering carefully and slowly, whilst living productive and happy lives.  It takes time to do it right.  I am another who has been totally drug free for 2yrs 2 months but that's only because I unfortunately cold- turkeyed before I found SA , and I didn't know any better.

I wish I had known to taper and had access to the information you have here however I have worked through it and am healing.

Perhaps if you were to read " Anatomy Of An Epidemic" by Robert Whittaker, it would help you to understand the long term consequences of being on these drugs. There are You Tube videos, also.

There is no reason to believe that you can't be free of these drugs forever, if you taper carefully .While you are doing that if you look into the coping strategies and tools we advise here, then you will be learning to cope as you go along. Here are a few but there are many in  Symptoms& Self-Care.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Guided Meditations, Calming Videos, Sleep Hypnosis

If you can make use of the information and support, you will eventually be drug free.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hey Iamfine - you're back!

You said on 6-Aug that you had quit klonopin, and then you said on 7-Aug that you were going to quit

Yes i am back. I was away for quite some time, I got really bummed following the struggles of so many people being unsuccessful getting off these drugs.

I meant to say that I have quit klonopin several times only to go back on in a few weeks because of anxiety. I never experienced withdrawals. I am tapering off it for good this time since it has long lost it's effectiveness for me.

Thanks Chessie for the information.

I meant to say that I have quit klonopin several times only to go back on in a few weeks because of anxiety. I never experienced withdrawals.

Have you ever considered that what you call 'anxiety' is in fact withdrawals!

oh yeah i forgot to mention AliG is drug free. Sorry AliG.

Recovering paxil addict

It is a possibility I suppose, but I don't think so.

But anxiety is a classic wdl symptom.

Recovering paxil addict

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I have been away for awhile. I have settled on two drugs, seroquel and lamictal and I feel better than I have for years. I've been on as many as 6 drugs at once with little help. But now on just two I feel great. I was an avid cyclist years ago riding as much as 400 miles/week. I quit riding after the depression kicked in but I'm feeling so good that I took it up again. A good hard ride is better than a dose of medicine.

I'm not as anti-drug as most on this board, I knew there was something that would help me and now I've found it and I plan to use it as long as it continues to work. Being drug-free is the ultimate goal but for now I'm taking my medicine. After my psychologist and I found this combo that works I fired him and now my PCP prescribes for me.

By the way, I quir both klonopin and geodon cold turkey and never missed a beat. Zero withdrawals and I had been taking k for years and g for about a year at the max dose

• 1 year later...

It’s been almost a year and a half since I last posted, but I thought I would check in. If anyone read this entire thread you will likely see that previously I wasn’t as anti-med as most in here. I am happy to report that I am now  down to taking one head med, and that one only at 25% of what’s prescribed. It’s seroquel, and it’s the only med out of 25+ that has given me even a hint of withdrawals, and I haven’t been successful yet completely shedding it. I quit taking my meds cold-turkey many times without any problems. I even quit 3m of clonazepam and never missed a beat.

So now that my head is cleared I know what evil happened to me. 16 years ago I was seriously depressed and needed help. My family doc gave me Lexapro, then a couple later months Paxil, then a couple more months I asked him to send me to a psychiatrist because I wasn’t getting better. I was then unknowingly caught in the system and for the next 15 years lived a life of sheer misery. Now I know they brain washed me and the meds fool you into thinking they help, but they don’t, they make you worse. 

The biggest key to my success has been activity. I know how terribly hard it is to get up and move when you’re down, but listen to me people, do it anyway. After a few weeks your body will start producing endorphins, which is the best drug known to man, and it’s free and the only side effects are peacefulness and tranquility. I spent years sleeping 12+ hours a day and laying on the couch during the day staring at the ceiling. In 2018 I rode 6,234 miles on my bike and I kayaked 462 miles. And all the years I was inactive and miserable I knew deep inside that I needed to be active like I was when I was younger.

Please hear me peeps and start moving. Go outside and walk for 20 minutes no matter how hard it is. It won’t help all that much right away, but a week later after you walk 25 minutes the beginning of accomplishing something will start to set in and drive you forward. A month later you’ll be doing 30 minutes and you are now adding in a little jogging and the endorphins will start giving you a hint of what’s to come. 2 months later you’ll be in full pain seeking mode where the body starts rewarding you with big doses of free legal natural drugs. I use running as an example, but it can be anything that gets your heart rate up for an extended time, I know not everyone is a runner.

Start moving now and in 6 weeks you’ll be thanking me. 2 years ago I was a fat worthless over drugged slob that weighed nearly 300 lb’s. It was all I could do to ride one mile. ONE MILE! Today I’m at 180 and feel as good as I ever did. I can run 5 miles easily and my longest road ride to date is 70 miles. 2 years ago I considered it a successful day if I made it to the mailbox and back... Seriously. The system and the drugs cost me many years of my life, and cost those near me lots of grief. I am MAD! These people are supposed to be helping me! 

Just know that it is within you to heal. I am the perfect example.

Kind regards,

Iamfine (Mike)

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Iamfine said:

2 years ago I was a fat worthless over drugged slob that weighed nearly 300 lb’s. It was all I could do to ride one mile. ONE MILE! Today I’m at 180 and feel as good as I ever did. I can run 5 miles easily and my longest road ride to date is 70 miles. 2 years ago I considered it a successful day if I made it to the mailbox and back...

!!!!!

Good to hear from you, Iamfine. How are you tapering Seroquel?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

!!!!!

Good to hear from you, Iamfine. How are you tapering Seroquel?

Hello again Alto. As I said before, through all of this I have at least been blessed by the fact that I’ve never had withdrawals, even with this seroquel. I’m down to 200mg from 800. My diagnosis is BPII, and every time for the last 12+ months that I’ve gone  below 200 I’ve gone manic. That’s not so bad until you look back and see where you’ve needlessly spent several thousand dollars among other  negative things. If I had a crystal ball I would go back and tell my younger self to take a low dose of ser and only for a short defined length if time.

And the psychiatric establishment (including pharma) is evil. I have ~16 yrs experience and have met probably hundreds of other patients, I can tell you they are hurting WAY more people than they are helping. And I was one of them.

My own personal method of living a happy life: honor God and Jesus, log at least one hour of physical activity a day six days a week, and I’ve also had help with a certain herb that is now legal where I live, so I can finally talk about it. But even all of those  can be wrong and hurtful if taken to excess. Moderation in all things, but most important is activity.

One more thing. I found this site years ago and have been active sporadically since. This site opened my eyes for the first time. And even though it took me many years to finally (mostly) conquer the evil establishments I do owe this site some of the credit. And this didn’t happen overnight, I started in earnest June 9, 2017. So it’s not a fluke I’ve been relatively happy most of that time.

• Administrator

What do you mean, you go "manic"?

See Why taper? SERT transporter occupancy studies show importance of gradual change in plasma concentration

Below 200mg, you might have inadequate receptor saturation. This is why we advise people to taper very slowly. If you've been tapering too fast, when you get inadequate receptor saturation, you may get withdrawal symptoms that many physicians will misdiagnose as psychiatric symptoms such as "mania."

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Alto, sorry to be blunt but I’m now a (happy) cranky old man. I’m an expert about this having from gone from a happy content life straight to hell for several years and now  back to happy again so I think I know when I’m manic. Thank you very much for the great resource but I still say, even after all I’ve been through, that not all drugs are bad. We have been and continue to be at odds about this. But that’s cool with me if it’s cool with you 😎 

• 9 months later...

Okay I’m back, and 4 years later I have decided you guys are right, they are all evil. However I’m still having difficulty shedding that last drug, and I need the community’s help. Altostrata are you still around? I have a question for you and if you see this I was wrong, you were right. Much to tell but not just quite yet. I have found some of my own solutions that I intend to share, hopefully I can help someone else. Nearly 20 years I’ve been in this battle and fir almost 3 years now I’ve been pretty stable.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Iamfine.

How are you doing? What drug did you last go off? Are you taking any drugs now?

Please enter an outline of your drug history in your signature, see Create Your Signature in "Account Settings"

Hello again Alto its good to see you are still around. Nothing now I just got tired of being sick and stopped everything. No withdrawals just a slight return of symptoms that was easily quashed by adding more activity. I made that final decision about a year ago however Ive been in good shape for much longer. How are you is the question?

Oh and seroquel was my final battle but I won the war! 

• Mentor

Hello Mike,

I am adding a new voice to the mix here. I just stumbled upon your thread and all I can say is WOW!  You have been on quite a journey. Thank you for coming back to update us.

I agree, physical activity is key for good health. I am so happy you got yourself back to a place of well-being. I hope you are able to enjoy all that life has to offer.

Warm wishes,

Rachel

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

• ChessieCat changed the title to Iamfine: hello, I have my story
  • Administrator

I'm good, @Iamfine, thanks for asking.

Could you please summarize your drug history since at least 2015, when you started here? You may feel shy about it but it's very helpful for others to see what you've dealt with.

I’m happy you are well, and I’m very happy you’re still here. I know we haven’t always agreed but we do now. You are doing a great thing here. I tried to tell my story to my little part of the world like we spoke about awhile back. I guess I was really seeking redemption. I thought that all these years all my people who knew I was sick we’re thinking of me, and in my mind mostly badly. I was finally well and I was going to try to explain what had happened to me. Other than those closest to me the general reaction was like “that’s great Mike. Now what's for dinner?”. So in general I came to the conclusion that the world really doesn't give a ****. It’s not that people don't care its because everyone has their own problems and you were way low on their lists of things to think about the last few years. So if anybody is like I was very sensitive to what your friends and family are thinking of you well you can quit worrying about that...

Alto, I saw your request and I will do my best. To be honest I would really like to forget about the last 20 years. Plus I’m not sure I can remember it all accurately. But I am trying my best to help others now that I’m strong again so I will work on it for you if you think it might help someone.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Iamfine!

Yes, for sure, it may help someone else to see.  It looks like you found your way to the signature.  The link, the signature link, pretty much tells you how to summarize.  And.....don't do like mine!  Oh, lol......I am always in the process of doing a Success Story here, and revising my signature.

I went to page one of your Introduction, and saw there, some of what, you may want to put in your signature. 

It always helps, when we see others, with similar histories that have managed to get beyond the intense struggle and suffering.  Granted no two of us are alike, but just the same.  And then it may help, in advising others too, as to what worked for you, and what did not work.

Tapering strategies that you used.  Non-drug coping that was most helpful- this can just go in narratives, right here.

Interesting, and I don't know either, but I think that we just might be moving towards a world that is beginning to learn how to care, and listen.  Maybe it starts with me and you?    And I know too, that for me, I did obsess out loud, and a lot about my whole paradigm shift. And then all my symptoms of WD, that probably, likely, really could have never existed.......in a more perfect world from the start.   Not to mention all the adverse effects of medications, some of which I did note at the time, others, only in retrospect.  Obsessed out loud about all of that.

Some relate.  Some told me their own stuff.  Some didn't and just wanted to go on about the weather or themselves a bit, or something.

Some, on the ground, will even ask me now, about medications/drugs.......and maybe before they start them........not many, but more than used to. 

I just know that my loved ones, wanted to see me well again.  And maybe had an unrealistic time frame of expectations of that.  And maybe I did too.  And often didn't know what to do.......and I often could not tell them what I needed either.  I am better at that today.  Knowing how to ask for help, and how to delegate even......slightly improved.  It's not wrong to want to be understood and accepted, this I know.

I think we may be fellow Seroquel survivors.  And I use nature and physical motion/exercise a lot, among other things.

So....welcome back I hope.

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator
23 hours ago, Iamfine said:

Alto, I saw your request and I will do my best. To be honest I would really like to forget about the last 20 years. Plus I’m not sure I can remember it all accurately. But I am trying my best to help others now that I’m strong again so I will work on it for you if you think it might help someone.

Thank you, Iamfine. Filling in that history is hard for a lot of people, but it is valuable, especially since you are doing so much better now. Someone who has taken a drug or a combination that you've taken will find new hope.

We live in an odd world. Some people might not appreciate your journey but there are others who will see how hard it was and how brave and tenacious you have been.

26 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Thanks, Iamfine. People should know this is not a miracle drugs, any more than the others.

We still need your drug history in your signature, thank you.

Okay boss I’m on it. It won’t be pretty because I gave up on keeping track of what I had been on long ago. I used to keep detailed notes but after years of looking back at them and then realizing the only time I needed them was when I was in a bad way I just deleted them and haven't missed them since. I will do it for you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Thanks, @Iamfine Best wishes for the new year to you!