SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

divalee: 24 months off Zoloft

divalee

Dear Coldturkmama

Thank you I will read it.

Thank you for responding to me

Love

Lee

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• divalee

• apace41

• AliG

• direstraits

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Coldturkmama

Thank you I will read it.

Thank you for responding to me

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Rachel

How Sad - you have almost all the symptoms I have......Hopefully they will disappear one day - we must have courage and hope - and never ever give up

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Pil54

I didnt go cold turkey -  took me a year and a half to completely get off the SSRI......still it wasnt long enough and unfortunately Zoloft only comes in capsule form of 25, 59 and 100 mgs.  Therefore I had to drop 25mgs at a time but stayed on that for four months and then dropped another 25 for four months and so on.

I am sorry for your suffering - please dont give up -  I know it is easier said than done -  but we must not give up -  please let us know how you are doing.

Love

Lee 

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus
On 9/30/2017 at 11:07 AM, divalee said:

I am just worried about the B12 - I know it is in the normal range - but wondering if maybe it will help my WDs some if I take it.  I am totally against any supplements - because I am afraid what it might do to my healing process - I am still in withdrawals 4.4 years now.....

Just don't know what to do.....are there any suggestions for me?

Hi, Lee.  Sorry not to respond sooner.  Took the weekend off from SA.  It's been such a long struggle for me of late that there are times I just want/need to get away.

My view of this is that trying a very small amount of sublingual B12 (they make a nice cherry flavor) is a low risk way of seeing if that might be contributing to your situation.  You could start with a very low dose to make sure that it didn't trigger you and then, if it felt okay, titrate up weekly.  While you are in the reference range, those ranges are based on the "sick" populations of the US and Canada and being at the very low range doesn't sound great to me.

I don't see a huge downside so long as you are prepared to discontinue if you react to the supplement.

I'm sorry you continue to struggle so much.  Unfortunately, of late I feel like I can empathize rather than simply sympathize.  

This is a very difficult process but you will see improvements.  Know that in your heart.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

I found it very interesting. :) 

Paxil 20mg from 1998-2011 

Paxil 40mg from 2011-2012 while experiencing poopout

October 2013 quit cold turkey

Oct-mid Nov 2013 great window

Late November WD nightmare 

Windows and waves pattern 

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

Pil54

first of all I am female - second I am not brainwashed - I never was one to take any sort of medication - It was when my son was diagnosed with Leukemia the doctor talked me into taking Zoloft -  big mistake - that is the only medication of any kind I ever took.    This form is a wonderful place and they do not pretend that we can get well in 2 years - we are all different...We know for a fact that some take longer than others to heal....

The reason why we are still not well isnt because we believe everything we hear on these groups - It is because it takes time to heal and as I said some longer than others.  

Thank you for your input Pil54 -  We will be okay when the Rubiks Cube as finished its work.

Stay well and take good care of yourself

Lee

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Moderator Emeritus

Lee,

Just wanted to compliment you on a very classy response to an unwarranted and, frankly, offensive post.   I root hard for everyone on this site to turn the corner and start seeing some improvement, but I root especially hard for you.

5 hours ago, Pil54 said:

Dude you are still brainwashed with fears of trying supplement after 4 years and 4 month off ? Didnt you realize yet that all that bullsh*t is non sens and spread by anxiety of all those stupid forum giving dangerous advice.

Pil54, 

I can't tell from your post if you are bashing this community or the medical community in general.  If it is the former, there is nobody forcing you to stay.  There is absolutely no basis for you coming to Lee's thread and attacking her or anyone else.  Consider yourself to have been publicly warned.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

Andy - Thank you - and to answer you re B12 - I will consider your suggestion.  Right now  my B12 is of normal limits albeit i feel should be higher -  I will have it tested in 6 months again and if continues to drop - I will indeed try taking it.

Thank you again for your support once more

Love Lee

Some of us are still walking through hell -  keep walking, just keep walking never give up xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Pil54 said:

Dude you are still brainwashed with fears of trying supplement after 4 years and 4 month off ? Didnt you realize yet that all that bullsh*t is non sens and spread by anxiety of all those stupid forum giving dangerous advice.

After waiting 3 years taking nothing at all and not seeing any difference i decided to give a try to supplements. I took many magnesium b12 tryptophan vitamin complex voitamin D and all. 

Man it dont changed anything at all not worse not better its just anxiety of taking things.

After so many years of brainwashing by those meds community bullsh*t you could have panic attack just drinking water because it play on this or that in the brain.

Stop that man you are 4 year off time to realize all those believes were scam .

If you badly react to something it will last few hours then stop back to baseline

Stop believing all those **** online. They are the reason why we sick. We listened to them saying everyone heal in 2 years so we waited instead of reinstating and retaper

PIl -- not sure why you're a member here? Is it to tell our members that our efforts are a scam?

We're very careful here -- maybe overly careful -- to tell people we don't know of any cures. Sometimes a supplement can take the edge off a symptom, that's all it can do.

When appropriate, we also advise people to reinstate, usually at a low dose, and taper off later.

Not to go off topic -- let's return this topic to divalee. I've sent you a personal message.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone

It has been a little over two months since I have been here. 

I guess I have given up hope now.  Not that I will do anything about it.  I just kept on having hope that maybe someday I will be better again.  But this is not the case.  I am worse than ever in the past few weeks -  So I have given up hope that I will ever be okay.  I think I just have to accept that I will cry most  of the day...pins and needles in my face and head....pressure bridge of nose...high anxiety and panic attacks...waking up crying...doing everything crying....light headedness, night sweats which seem to be better now, feeling of not being here,  distorted vision seems to be the worse....Do any of you have trouble with your vision.......so many things...but I still do it no matter how I feel.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the way I have been feeling in the past week especially.  My cat bit me accidentally.  I had to have a tetanus shot and they gave me Amoxcillin Clav antibiotic for 5 days - you don't suppose that has anything to do with the way I am feeling now.   I went to the Mall today and everything looked strange..and felt disoriented, but stuck to what I had to do as usual....Cried behind my sunglasses ..thinking I will never get better.  This is the worst I have ever felt and I am 4-1/2 years off Zoloft.  I never ever took any other medication.

I think I am done - I am so scared.  I have no social life because I cant be with people.  I know you can>t do anything for me - no one can...but at least I can write here with people who do understand.

Do you think the antibiotic made me worse - or is it just a coincidence.  I phoned my pharmacist and they said they never heard of anyone taking this antibiotics having anxiety with it.  But you know how it is - I am so afraid to take anything at all because I think it will hinder my healing process.....

So now I have given up hope - and hope is what we need...I am losing my courage -

Thank you for listening.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and I pray for your healing from these terrible drugs.

Love

Lee

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Divalee

I just read your post of an hour ago

DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, Lee.

You are not done!

It can take more than 5 years, or even more, to break the zoloft chain.

You know, from what I read in your posts, that these moments of hopelessness come and go. And when you're in it, it seems like you've always been in it, and always will be in it.

It is not the case. You will come through.

I know you are exhausted from the journey, but keep pushing on. Tell that hooded-claw to piss off. Fear not. Keep going.

You have touched me, and I have a dear, dear friend going through this hell right now.

I came across this website for the first time ever today for a reason, and now I know that reason is to tell you to not give up.

You are NOT alone in this.

My friend needs you, and I need you, and so many more who are like you, we all need you, to push on.

Push on, Lee.

• Mentor

Hi Lee,

I'm sad to hear that you are feeling so poorly.  You don't deserve to suffer like this, nobody anywhere deserves to suffer like this.

To answer your question about antibiotics, I have found that anything can flare up my WD symptoms.  Stress, other medications that I've been told shouldn't have any affect, how I eat, or even what my mood is that day.

Please keep us posted as to what the next week or two brings for you.

Rachel

Edited by RachelSusan
typo

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Hi divalee I am experiencing the same kind of thing I have been doing well in my mirtazipine taper until recently taking an antibiotic and it has threw me back in to severe withdrawal n I am scratching my head about what to do next, I feel for u n hope u manage to get past this.

Regards

Deano

2006-2007 20mg fluoxetine - 7mg zopliclone - 2mg diazepam

2007-2008 nothing for 4 months

2008-2009 20mg fluoxetine -citalapram 20mg for a few days - 7mg zopliclone - 2mg diazepam

2009-2010 30mg mirtazipine - 2mg stelazine took only twice - 25mg amatriptiline added for two months then stopped

2010-2015 30mg mirtazipine

2015-2016 went up to 45mg mirtazipine in May until September then decreased to 37.5mg for roughly six weeks then down to 30 mg for roughly six weeks then down to 22.5mg of mirtazipine which I am currently on.

2016-2018 slowly got down to 3.75mg mirtazipine

2018-2019 slowly got down to 2mg of mirtazipine

2019- october-crashed

2020-january updose to 3mg settled again

2020-june crashed again severe withdrawals

I'm so sorry you are suffering 💕

Now: 28 months cold turkey...doing decent learning to deal with the windows/waves pattern fighting it every step of the way. 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, divalee said:

So now I have given up hope - and hope is what we need...I am losing my courage -

This is just a bad patch within a long wave, Lee.  I know how much you have suffered, but I also know that you have had some decent windows (even if short) from time to time.  Your body has proven it knows how to heal and it will just be a matter of time until the healing takes over and crowds out the bad.

As many have said before, the healing will happen even if you don't believe that it will.  My view is that the belief will help accelerate the process but either way you will get better.

I also know how hard it is to keep hanging on when it feels like nothing ever gets better.

My thoughts are with you, Lee.

I know it will get better.

Best,

Andy

Lee, everyone's timeline for healing is different and yours is just taking a little longer than you expected. It's quite possible that the antibiotics exacerbated your symptoms ~ as drugs can often do, to an already sensitized nervous system.

I'm sorry that you're struggling ~ I hope you can continue to stay strong, as you have done in the past. This will pass so please don't lose hope. As you can see, you have our support.

(( hugs))

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

14 hours ago, CantStopTheFeeling said:

Divalee

I just read your post of an hour ago

DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE, Lee.

You are not done!

It can take more than 5 years, or even more, to break the zoloft chain.

You know, from what I read in your posts, that these moments of hopelessness come and go. And when you're in it, it seems like you've always been in it, and always will be in it.

It is not the case. You will come through.

I know you are exhausted from the journey, but keep pushing on. Tell that hooded-claw to piss off. Fear not. Keep going.

You have touched me, and I have a dear, dear friend going through this hell right now.

I came across this website for the first time ever today for a reason, and now I know that reason is to tell you to not give up.

You are NOT alone in this.

My friend needs you, and I need you, and so many more who are like you, we all need you, to push on.

Push on, Lee.

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Cant stop the feeling

Thank you for your support - Your friend needs me, you need me and so many more who are like me, you all need me......and I so need you too.....I don't feel so alone when I come here....but as soon as I leave - the hopelessness just goes away.   

I never felt this hopeless ever...I fought the good fight - I did everything I could to help myself - but it seems all in vain.

Thank you

Lee (f)

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Algi

Yes it could be the antibiotic exacerbated the symptoms.  I never ever take a thing - not even medication for my migraines - I am petrified to take anything at all.  This is the worst set back I have had ever.  Hopeless now Algi - I don't see my self getting better any more - Let us hope that this black horrible wave will pass.

I hope you are doing well - and thank you so much for answering me.  This place is the only place that is keeping my head above water and I thank you for letting me be a member here.

Lee (f)

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Andy

Thank you for your encouraging words.  Yes I have had windows albeit slight ones - and hopefully this horrible black wave will leave me soon.  I will try to believe that things will get better...promise.  I will try Andy. 

Thank you for answering me. 

Lee (f)

xxx

biginning.jpg

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Coldturkeymama

Thank you for answering me.  I love this place - it is the only place that keeps me going.  We just have to wait for the Rubik's Cube to finish its work.

I hope you are doing well.

Lee (f)

xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Deano32

Thank you answering me.  It could very well be the antibiotic.  I just hope it doesn't last long if it is.  Pharmacy and a few friends that have taken the same antibiotic said they were just fine - no anxiety or other symptoms.  But they have not been WDing from antidepressants  - so who knows.   

Have your symptoms left you now - I do hope so.

Lee (f)

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Dear Rachelsusan

Yes it could be anything at all as to why these waves can get so bad.  This is the worst wave I have ever been in  It is so discouraging because so long free of Zoloft - and still suffering with WDs.  I have never taken anything else but Zoloft.....I don't even take vitamins, no headache pills when I have a migraine, I eat very well, never any junk food....I just don't know what else to do.  Day after day with no let up how can one not be depressed to the depths of despair. 

Thank you for answering me.   I hope you are doing well.

Lee

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

Your fight is not in vain. It is a journey that only requires you to get up everyday and keep on.

I read here that "we may be a drop in the sea, but we all make ripples, and those ripples can turn into waves"

When you have an infection you should treat it with the full prescribed amount because infections have a cycle that must be broken. Did you research the AB's possible adverse affects? There may be an answer there that would put your mind at ease, and that its simply the AB and this patch your going through will subside.

In the Emergency Room, a Doctor will always want to know what has "changed" in a patients daily life, before they got sick. Did they take or eat something? Where they exposed to something? Your instinct to look at "What's changed" in your routine- and looking at the introduction of the Antibiotic is sound.

Certain antibiotics can affect a person differently. They even say that staying out of the Sunlight when on AB's is needed because it can cause skin issues.

You got through yesterday, and you WILL get through today, even though it may be a tough slog.

I hope you are getting 7-8 hours of sleep each day because that is the MOST important thing

8 hours ago, divalee said:

Dear Rachelsusan

Yes it could be anything at all as to why these waves can get so bad.  This is the worst wave I have ever been in  It is so discouraging because so long free of Zoloft - and still suffering with WDs.  I have never taken anything else but Zoloft.....I don't even take vitamins, no headache pills when I have a migraine, I eat very well, never any junk food....I just don't know what else to do.  Day after day with no let up how can one not be depressed to the depths of despair. 

Thank you for answering me.   I hope you are doing well.

Lee

xxx

How long hasn't this wave persisted?? 

I hope you feel better soon.

• Mentor

Hi Lee,

I wish I had the answers to the very good questions you ask. The thing about these drugs and withdrawal is the symptoms sometimes come out of nowhere.  I think we keep looking for the reasons that we have a flare up so that we can learn and avoid doing those things next time.  However it just doesn't seem to work that way. We might not be doing anything and we still get these nasty rotten symptoms. Or perhaps having the tetanus shot along with the antibiotics was just enough to throw you over the edge.  We may never know what is causing it all we know is that you are suffering. I did reread some of your other posts and looks like in the past you have had a few good windows.  Let's hope for more of those for you instead of this dreadful feeling.  I know you are in h*ll.  I've been there, where even getting from one minute to the next minute is torture. I do believe though that you will have a few more windows and then a few more and more on top of that.  Hang in there my friend.  I believe you will see some improvement.  Please keep us posted, especially if you start to get even a little relief.

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

Hi divalee

No still having on and off symptoms for the last couple of weeks since antibiotic use, n I also hope this doesn't last too long too as it's hard enough for us already.

Hope you are feeling a bit better

Regards

Deano

2006-2007 20mg fluoxetine - 7mg zopliclone - 2mg diazepam

2007-2008 nothing for 4 months

2008-2009 20mg fluoxetine -citalapram 20mg for a few days - 7mg zopliclone - 2mg diazepam

2009-2010 30mg mirtazipine - 2mg stelazine took only twice - 25mg amatriptiline added for two months then stopped

2010-2015 30mg mirtazipine

2015-2016 went up to 45mg mirtazipine in May until September then decreased to 37.5mg for roughly six weeks then down to 30 mg for roughly six weeks then down to 22.5mg of mirtazipine which I am currently on.

2016-2018 slowly got down to 3.75mg mirtazipine

2018-2019 slowly got down to 2mg of mirtazipine

2019- october-crashed

2020-january updose to 3mg settled again

2020-june crashed again severe withdrawals

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone it is me again

Well it is 4 years and 7 months since I am off completely of Zoloft - as you know I never ever took anything else but Zoloft and my WDs after all this time off are still very much with me.

Andy suggested I try sublingual (sp) B12 I am now willing to try it.  I am desperate now and I have to stop being afraid to take something that might help me.  my b12 level in nmol/l is 197 - the lowest is can go is 156 nmol/l thse are Canandian levels.  So I am in the normal low range.....also I am insufficient in vitamin D last time it was 43 so it did go up from 33 - these again Canadian levels.

Maybe I should try taking B12 and Vitamin D.....but I am petrified - I suffer so much from WDs I am starting to be afraid of eating anything any more.  I do fight that feeling because I wont let myself think that way and I do eat what I want regardless of those fears.  We cant allow our mind to control us - or else we are done.

I want to write extensively about myself - and I will soon....but right now I want to know should I take B12 and Vitamin D.  I read that Vitamin b12 can make you nervous and restless and there is so much controversy about Vitamin D - I guess I read too much and sometimes you read one thing and then some articles will contradict what I just read.....I feel I am rambling and not making any sense.

Gp doesn't help nor the Pharmacist they say well your B12 is within normal limits even though low normal limits so not to worry......just don't know what to do...

Please let me know what you think -

Thank you

Lee

Sometimes I just want to take my guitar, my pillow and a blanket and drive somewhere in my car and disappear....just so tired of suffering......just too much suffering.

xxxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Mentor

Hi Divalee,

I can't address the B12 because I don't take it.  I do however take Vitamin D and started it during my withdrawal from Zoloft.  I was nervous as well.  Because I had concerns I got the chew-able type (it was a combo of D and Calcium) and started by cutting one of the chewies in half. When I had no ill effects after a few weeks I worked my way up to the full dose (2 chewies).  I never experienced any problems but because I was frightened I decided to approach it the way I described.  I hope this information helps you with your decision.

Rachel

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, divalee said:

Andy suggested I try sublingual (sp) B12 I am now willing to try it.

Lee,

I would suggest you start with 500 mcg of spray B12.  See if you can tolerate that.

Keep hanging in there.  It can change on a moment's notice.

Best,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone:

I just want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

I hope and pray that the New Year will bring us lots of healing and success stories.

Any thing that you are wishing for........I wish for you too.

Much Love to this great group

Love

Lee (f) xxxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

• Mentor

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your lovely post. It really means a lot to me to read this. I wish the same good thoughts for you.

RS

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Stay strong dear RachelSusan - All we can do is hold each other with both of our hands - support and encourage each other - pray and have speranza -  

Love

Lee (f)

xxx

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

5 hours ago, divalee said:

Hello everyone:

I just want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 

I hope and pray that the New Year will bring us lots of healing and success stories.

Any thing that you are wishing for........I wish for you too.

Much Love to this great group

Love

Lee (f) xxxx

I wish the same to you!

Thank you coldturkmama - Merry Christmas x

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013