Pidgeon: Sertraline & Olanzapine Tapering

Pidgeon

My doctor seemed to suggest that if I have decent mood and am active during the day then I may cut down the antidepressant. Did not comment health anxiety, but showed interest and asked questions.

Still no other news about health. Though there are many very good news about my life. I found two new jobs and got an extra, small social financial support. Found hobbies as well. So I will be doing great with money and hobbies.

Name        | Brand   | 2022 Sept   | Oct | Nov | 2023 Jan | Feb   | Mar | Apr | May | Jun    | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec | 2024 Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul |
Olanzapine  | Zyprexa | 15                                                                                                                                                  | 15  |
Sertraline  | Zoloft  | 25, 50                             | 25, 0 | -               | 25, 50 |                                    | 100                              | 100 | 75  |
Pregabalin  | Lyrica  | 300                     | 225      | 300         | 225                | 150 | 75, 0                                                                 | --  |
Amisulpride | Solian  | 200      | 100, 50 | 0                                                                                                                              | --  |

Suppl: B Complex, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamin C, Fish oil

The only trouble is, I am not active during the day.

The great news is that both jobs require little mental effort and there is a good chance I will be able to start them. What's more, both jobs are in very flexible hours.

Name        | Brand   | 2022 Sept   | Oct | Nov | 2023 Jan | Feb   | Mar | Apr | May | Jun    | Jul | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov | Dec | 2024 Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul |
Olanzapine  | Zyprexa | 15                                                                                                                                                  | 15  |
Sertraline  | Zoloft  | 25, 50                             | 25, 0 | -               | 25, 50 |                                    | 100                              | 100 | 75  |
Pregabalin  | Lyrica  | 300                     | 225      | 300         | 225                | 150 | 75, 0                                                                 | --  |
Amisulpride | Solian  | 200      | 100, 50 | 0                                                                                                                              | --  |

News, both good and bad. I have fatty liver in some parts of the liver. Not a big deal, but I do get a little liver pain from time to time. I've researched more on the internet and this could easily be caused by ADs or a combination of ADs and APs. My doctor said any med out there could cause fatty liver and suggested changing the AD to another AD, duloxetine. I said I prefer to quit antidepressants completely.

Let's do this. I will lower 25% of sertraline every 2 or 3 weeks. I am willing to go faster since fast tapers were never that bad for me, and liver health is important to me, as well as the other side effect.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Pidgeon said:

My doctor said any med out there could cause fatty liver and suggested changing the AD to another AD, duloxetine

I'm not a doctor, so I can't comment on the fatty liver issue.

I have changed ADs three times...not recommended based on my experience.

8 hours ago, Pidgeon said:

I will lower 25% of sertraline every 2 or 3 weeks. I am willing to go faster since fast tapers were never that bad for me,

This is very fast. The lower you go, the slower you generally need to go. Tapering can catch up with you and cause you much pain. That pain can last a long time.

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

Start of taper: Jan ’22 Vortioxetine 15mg, 

End year 1: 4.5mg, 

End year 2: 2.38mg, 

Year 3: 8 Feb 2.19mg, 21 Mar 1.99mg, 2 May 1.83mg, 13 Jun 1.69mg, 25 Jul 1.50mg, 14 Aug 1.46mg, 3 Sep 1.43mg, 10 Sep 1.40mg, 17 Sep 1.37mg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2024 at 10:18 PM, Emonda said:

This is very fast.

Thanks. I lowered by 25% and first few days were okay. Until on the sixth day I drank one coffee before sleep, slept poorly, then had anxiety in the next afternoon. Fortunately, it mostly passed soon. So I guess faster withdrawal might seem to go okay but you risk getting unlucky and some bad stuff happens on the first days of your lowering and you become an emotional wreck.

I have good reasons not to do liquid tapering, so I want to continue to lower by 25 mg. However, that's just liquid tapering, and my reasons to go too fast (liver and side effects) are not at all that important. So you are right in that I should to stay much longer on 75 mg. I am willing to take some risks but don't recommend this to anyone else, especially for other drugs, durations of taking the med, and people of other ages and health. So I would like to lower every 1 month and 2 weeks or 1mo+1w. This should limit my poor mood during withdrawal to a relatively short time.

Yeah I absolutely don't plan to change ADs until I really need to.

• 4 weeks later...

I am starting 50mg of sertraline as planned above. So far it's going okay.