Short introduction,

I'm pyr23 currently living in the netherlands. I've been taking medications since I was 19

and have quite a host of diagnoses. Most accurate is schizo-affective, I've been struggling

this like most others here for quite a while, unfortunately after 25 years I now know it's a

lifelong thing.

My last try for getting in a better place involved a rediagnosis for Autism, in which it

it might be possible to live with another medication structure. This didn't really work

out since I'm actually way to old for that. I see that now as a midlife crisis from an old

psychiatric patient. We can't all have a fast car and a young girlfriend, but we can

go though another diagnosis, just for old times sake.

If you're young please try and keep up and keep your meds as low as possible.

For some people full recovery will be possible, and the younger you start the better your

chances are. Try to make space for yourself financially with family and all other support you

can find, if you're in a good place try to see what is possible.

Current drug list:

Paliperidon 5mg

Depakine 2000mg

Previous AP: Seroquel, Risperdal, Zyprexa

Previous mood stabilizers and AD: Lithium/Effexor

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, and welcome to SA.  We are a volunteer-run community of people who have been or are getting off of psychiatric drugs.  How may we help you?  Are you wanting to come off of any drugs, or currently in withdrawal from tapering?  

Many of us on here no longer believe in psychiatry and their labels.  I myself have worked on unpatienting myself, and instead of seeing myself as a psychiatric patient with a diagnosis, I see myself as a unique individual who has had some emotional challenges and trauma.  Many of us have successfully come off drugs and recovered, even into our 50's, 60's, and 70's.  You can read a lot of good success stories here:  

Success Stories

Please feel free to look around, and participate on our site.  Let us know how you are doing.  

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• getofflex changed the title to pyr23: Introduction