Jonwil: Considering Mitrazapine for Benzo Withdrawl.

Just now, jonwil said:

I'm in Newcastle (England not Oz)

6am here

Took SSRI for a few months in 2021. Had side effects but weren't long lasting. I am currently going through Benzo wilthdrawl and tapering Mitrazapine. 

Oct 2021 - Ended 3 months sertraline. No real problems

Jan 2022 - CT Valium After short term use. Short but intense withdrawl

Feb 2024 - CT from Valium short term use. Still in withdrawl.

Jun 24 - Started Mirtazapine to try and help with benzo depression. Big mistake. Had adverse reactions. Started to taper after 3 weeks. Cut from 15 to 7.5 and then 7.5 to 3.75 in the space of around a month. Looking to get off completely.

Here for help.

On 10/3/2024 at 6:07 AM, Kerrijane said:

You need to make sure you get rid of grains and I forgot to check when I first started doing it too. I didn’t use warm water to being with but do now.

Hi @Kerrijane I tried using warm water but the mixture was still grainy. I think it might be the coating from the pills that I use or the filler. The water was only luke warm though as I was worried about to much temperature affecting the medication. Any ideas? Thanks!

Took SSRI for a few months in 2021. Had side effects but weren't long lasting. I am currently going through Benzo wilthdrawl and tapering Mitrazapine. 

Jun 24 - Started Mirtazapine to try and help with benzo depression. Big mistake. Had adverse reactions. Started to taper after 3 weeks. Cut from 15 to 7.5 and then 7.5 to 3.75 in the space of around a month. Looking to get off completely.

Here for help.

Hi again,  If it is has an orange coating and that part is not dissolving that is OK. You can try and swish it or shake it. Otherwise maybe make the water a bit warmer?

Early 2000s - On Zoloft for short time.  Helped me sleep again after taking sleeping tablets for a month - 6 weeks. The doctor informed me I could take them every day at the time. I was on Zoloft only a short time. 

2007 - I found I had trouble sleeping again with some life issues and went back on Zoloft. 
2022 - the Zoloft suddenly became ineffective for sleep after catching COVID.

I was on both Zoloft and Mirtazapine for a while and weaned off Zoloft successfully. 2024- The Mirtazapine is making me feel sick and it is currently hard to get off. I am trying to taper now. I am also back on low dose of Zoloft which seems to be helping again. 

4 minutes ago, Kerrijane said:

Hi again,  If it is has an orange coating and that part is not dissolving that is OK. You can try and swish it or shake it. Otherwise maybe make the water a bit warmer?

6 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Hi @Kerrijane I tried using warm water but the mixture was still grainy. I think it might be the coating from the pills that I use or the filler. The water was only luke warm though as I was worried about to much temperature affecting the medication. Any ideas? Thanks!

You could also crush it finely separately in a mortal and pestel or pill crusher.  You have the extra step in the process and I wonder if it is possible to inadvertently leave some behind...

Early 2000s - On Zoloft for short time.  Helped me sleep again after taking sleeping tablets for a month - 6 weeks. The doctor informed me I could take them every day at the time. I was on Zoloft only a short time. 

2007 - I found I had trouble sleeping again with some life issues and went back on Zoloft. 
2022 - the Zoloft suddenly became ineffective for sleep after catching COVID.

I was on both Zoloft and Mirtazapine for a while and weaned off Zoloft successfully. 2024- The Mirtazapine is making me feel sick and it is currently hard to get off. I am trying to taper now. I am also back on low dose of Zoloft which seems to be helping again. 

1 hour ago, Kerrijane said:

You could also crush it finely separately in a mortal and pestel or pill crusher.  You have the extra step in the process and I wonder if it is possible to inadvertently leave some behind...

Yeah I have the same concern about not getting the full pill but might give it a go. The bits look white to me so I think it might be the filler. Thanks!

Here for help.