Let's pray for one another

Zoe

6 minutes ago, missy27 said:

Thank you SO much for this. For some reason it helps to know I'm not the only one and that this is common at this point. Yes! The cortisol mornings are hell. I try to take a walk In the morning to burn it off (if I'm not to bad) and it's a good time to connect with God. Again thank you for the reminder to call out to him, ask for help. Is Angie a coach that's on this site?

You are never alone!  So many experience exactly what you’re going through and it’s “normal” to feel this in WD.  

Angie Peacock is a retired army veteran that was polydrugged and came off many psych meds, she is recovered and healed and went back to school for her degree (maybe masters?).  She offers coaching and support groups for those going through psych med WD.  There are other coaches as well and I like her and Baylissa Fredericks the most.  Baylissa also went through benzo WD and offers coaching and support and a membership through her website.  She has success stories and a part on her website wherein you can access webinars and all sorts of info.  Angie also has a website to access info and support as well.

There is actually a lot of great stuff and people out there now as the dangers of WD are becoming more and more known.

But above all, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ can and will carry us through these times…he will never forsake us!

- Prescribed Xanax for 2 weeks after knee surgery in 2016 (reaction to anesthesia)

- cold turkeyed Xanax and was in hospital then bedridden

-  Found Ashton Manuel and crossed over to 15 mg’s Valium

- Tapering off Valium with pills and compound 2016-2018

-  Prescribed Remeron nightly in July 2017 for nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss and mood (1.875 mg’s)

-  Finished Valium taper July 2018

- on mirt from 2017-2021 slowly tapering

- got down to .25 and got very ill, updosed to .50 mgs

-slowly tapered and finished July 2023

-As of January 2024 in acute withdrawals and sleep is the worst!

51 minutes ago, missy27 said:
3 hours ago, RachaelWind said:

Thank you so much for your response. Wow, what a beautiful experience. This is a good reminder that I need. He's always with us. Thank you for the prayers, I will be praying for you all as well.

Yes He is!!

This whole process has been indescribable but it has made me reach out my arms to the Father more than I ever have and He NEVER fails to show up!
Like the Bible says..if you draw close to God He will draw close to you.

Thankyou!! So grateful we all have each other❤️

Originally put on Zoloft 100mg at 12 years old due to living with an alcoholic father and being bullied in middle school causing severe anxiety and separation anxiety from my mother. The doctors never took me off due to being diagnosed with GAD. At 33 I decided to come off it myself . So far I've Been off Zoloft for 7 months after tapering since 2021 from 100mg down to 0..

WD so far has been hell and beyond anything I have ever experienced in my life. 

41 minutes ago, Rhernan said:

You are never alone!  So many experience exactly what you’re going through and it’s “normal” to feel this in WD.  

Angie Peacock is a retired army veteran that was polydrugged and came off many psych meds, she is recovered and healed and went back to school for her degree (maybe masters?).  She offers coaching and support groups for those going through psych med WD.  There are other coaches as well and I like her and Baylissa Fredericks the most.  Baylissa also went through benzo WD and offers coaching and support and a membership through her website.  She has success stories and a part on her website wherein you can access webinars and all sorts of info.  Angie also has a website to access info and support as well.

There is actually a lot of great stuff and people out there now as the dangers of WD are becoming more and more known.

But above all, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ can and will carry us through these times…he will never forsake us!

Oh wow! Thank you so much for this!

2012 july started prozac (i cant remember dosage)

2013 october tappered off prozac so i could switch to valafexine.

Nov 2013 started valafexine 37.5 day

Dec 2013 went up to 150 mg a day of valafexine (2-75s)

2020-started trazadone 1 50 mg

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

July 2023- completely off valafexine 

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 14 went down to 37.5 of valafexine.

Oct 21 started mirtazapine 15 mg and 2- 5 mg buspar

Oct 23 stopped valafexine

Oct 28 stopped buspar

1 hour ago, Rhernan said:

am having the EXACT same symptoms and coincidentally emailed Angie Peacock (the coach) yesterday about these waves that almost feel acute at 12 months out and these horrible cortisol mornings that feel like death.  She is awesome and got back to me pretty quickly saying that almost everyone in WD has these and for whatever reason they tend to last the longest. 

I too have been waking and just crying out to the Lord for peace and rest and for this to pass.  He always carry’s me through and will for you too.

Yesterday was a particular doozy for me and I could barely make it through the day but the Lord restored me last night and I feel somewhat better today.

We have to keep crying out and asking for peace, acceptance and comfort and he will provide.

As I’ve said so many times, I love this thread!!!  Bless you all and you will be in my prayers!  🙏🙏🙏♥️♥️♥️

I LOVE Angie!! I'll watch one of her videos at least once a day even if I've already seen it lol Gives me so much hope to hear the testimonials!!

Yes..mornings are insane😩..woke up feeling like my heart was about to burst through my chest this morning and it finally calmed down around 9. 

Yes we do!!

One thing I've learned to do is speak out loud scripture ( "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue")  over myself everyday..I put on my "Spiritual Armor." and read Psalms 91. 
When you become desperate for God He will work in you on a whole other level.

I love this thread too!
It's such a blessing that Holy Spirit brought us all together to comfort one another during this time..we will all be sharing our testimony's and coming out on the other side soon🙌🏻🙌🏻

Originally put on Zoloft 100mg at 12 years old due to living with an alcoholic father and being bullied in middle school causing severe anxiety and separation anxiety from my mother. The doctors never took me off due to being diagnosed with GAD. At 33 I decided to come off it myself . So far I've Been off Zoloft for 7 months after tapering since 2021 from 100mg down to 0..

12 minutes ago, RachaelWind said:

I LOVE Angie!! I'll watch one of her videos at least once a day even if I've already seen it lol Gives me so much hope to hear the testimonials!!

Yes..mornings are insane😩..woke up feeling like my heart was about to burst through my chest this morning and it finally calmed down around 9. 

Yes we do!!

One thing I've learned to do is speak out loud scripture ( "Death and Life are in the power of the tongue")  over myself everyday..I put on my "Spiritual Armor." and read Psalms 91. 
When you become desperate for God He will work in you on a whole other level.

I love this thread too!
It's such a blessing that Holy Spirit brought us all together to comfort one another during this time..we will all be sharing our testimony's and coming out on the other side soon🙌🏻🙌🏻

I just went to her site and her story is amazing. Wow.  May I ask if you are part of one of her groups? 

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 28 stopped buspar

I’m pay a monthly membership fee to be part of Baylissa’s groups and I know Angie has online groups that meet weekly that you pay for.  I think (I could be wrong) they are $25 US dollars.

Both Baylissa and Angie do groups and I also know Jennifer Leigh had a membership and groups that meet.

Im sure other coaches offer things too.  There are a lot out there.  You just have to find who you like and connect with.  I don’t have the financial means to do the groups or sessions but I listen to their YouTube channels and anything free online.  

- Prescribed Xanax for 2 weeks after knee surgery in 2016 (reaction to anesthesia)

-  Prescribed Remeron nightly in July 2017 for nausea, loss of appetite, weight loss and mood (1.875 mg’s)

41 minutes ago, Rhernan said:

I’m pay a monthly membership fee to be part of Baylissa’s groups and I know Angie has online groups that meet weekly that you pay for.  I think (I could be wrong) they are $25 US dollars.

Both Baylissa and Angie do groups and I also know Jennifer Leigh had a membership and groups that meet.

Im sure other coaches offer things too.  There are a lot out there.  You just have to find who you like and connect with.  I don’t have the financial means to do the groups or sessions but I listen to their YouTube channels and anything free online.  

Thank you! Wow I had no idea there was so much

Oct 28 stopped buspar

6 hours ago, missy27 said:
6 hours ago, RachaelWind said:

I just went to her site and her story is amazing. Wow.  May I ask if you are part of one of her groups? 

I'm actually not..I def need to check into that though!!

5 hours ago, missy27 said:

5 hours ago, Rhernan said:

Thankyou so much for the info!! I didn't realize she had online groups! I'll def look into joining one 😃

@Rhernan @RachaelWind @missy27 Hello beautiful ladies!! Im just gonna chime in here. Ive been at this wd thing going on 3 years..and i can tell you that we all go through the same symptoms. The morning spiked cortisol is the worst. It's so comforting to know that I'm not the only one who literally falls to her knees in the shower, on the floor, or I even pull over at our local ball park parking lot and sob!! Sometimes I think I'm turning into a crazy holy roller as they say. But seriously...our father God is the only way to get through this hell. I even think that because I've cried so much that I've damaged my own brain by crying so hard. I deal with terrible neuro-emotions...do yall have that as well? All day long I'm taking thoughts captive and rebuking the enemy. It's a battle of our mind, but guess what? The battle belongs to the Lord and he will NEVER leave us or forsake us. He is fighting for us ❤️ Another good coach is Michael Priebe. He's a faith based coach and he loves the Lord. His website is the Lovely Grind and he has wonderful support videos. He also went through what we are going through. Also Dan Landauer  he is another great coach thats been through this. His prices are more reasonable. They both are on Facebook and Instagram. I love Baylissa and Angie too. I belong to a support group on Instagram if yall would like to join. I can send you an invite. Anyway...I just want yall to know that you are loved by me and if I can support you in any way, or pray for you, Please let me know. BIG HUGS!! 🩷

Chlo❤

•Celexa 40mg 1999-2021•LONG COVID Aug.2021•Celexa stopped working•Zoloft 100mg Sept21'-Oct21'•Buspar •Lexapro 10mg Oct21'-Nov21'

•Lexapro did not work(adverse effects)•Lexapro 5mg Nov21'-1/17/22 switched to Lexapro liquid form 5mg 1/18/22•4.75mg 1/19•4.5mg 1/25•4.25mg 2/1•4.0mg 2/8

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•2.75mg 6/26•2.50mg 7/10•2.45mg 7/18•2.40mg 7/25•2.35mg 8/1•2.33mg 8/26•2.27mg 9/15•2.21mg 9/23•2.16mg 9/30•2.10mg 10/14•2.04mg 10/24•1.99mg 11/18•1.95mg 1/02/23•1.90mg 1/09•1.80mg 1/27•1.75mg 2/21•1.70mg3/6•1.65mg3/14•1.60mg 4/07•1.52mg 4/30•1.48mg 5/07•1.40mg 6/08•1.36mg 6/17•1.32mg 6/27•1.28mg 7/17•1.20mg 8/18•1.15mg 9/13•1.12mg 10/15•1.06mg 1/20/24•1.02mg 2/16•1mg 2/27•.98mg3/02•.96mg3/20•

.90mg7/1•.85mg8/17•

Magnesium Glycinate•Vit.C 

Omega3•Probiotic•Zinc•D3•

Mirtazapine 15mg

I don't know much, but 3 things I do. There is a God. His word is true. Stay close to Him and He will bring you through. Amen🙏

20 minutes ago, Chlo said:

@Rhernan @RachaelWind @missy27 Hello beautiful ladies!! Im just gonna chime in here. Ive been at this wd thing going on 3 years..and i can tell you that we all go through the same symptoms. The morning spiked cortisol is the worst. It's so comforting to know that I'm not the only one who literally falls to her knees in the shower, on the floor, or I even pull over at our local ball park parking lot and sob!! Sometimes I think I'm turning into a crazy holy roller as they say. But seriously...our father God is the only way to get through this hell. I even think that because I've cried so much that I've damaged my own brain by crying so hard. I deal with terrible neuro-emotions...do yall have that as well? All day long I'm taking thoughts captive and rebuking the enemy. It's a battle of our mind, but guess what? The battle belongs to the Lord and he will NEVER leave us or forsake us. He is fighting for us ❤️ Another good coach is Michael Priebe. He's a faith based coach and he loves the Lord. His website is the Lovely Grind and he has wonderful support videos. He also went through what we are going through. Also Dan Landauer  he is another great coach thats been through this. His prices are more reasonable. They both are on Facebook and Instagram. I love Baylissa and Angie too. I belong to a support group on Instagram if yall would like to join. I can send you an invite. Anyway...I just want yall to know that you are loved by me and if I can support you in any way, or pray for you, Please let me know. BIG HUGS!! 🩷

Wow, thank you for all this good info. I'm so sorry your going through this too.  My Neuro emotion take me on a ride as well, I hate it.  I've cried more in this past year then I have in my whole life. The thing I hate the most is how much anxiety I get when I have plans outside the home like Apts or get togethers. I always make appointments in the late afternoon because mornings are so miserable. I would love to be apart of the Instagram group! Thank you again Hugs!

Oct 28 stopped buspar

On 7/17/2024 at 10:18 PM, missy27 said:

Wow, thank you for all this good info. I'm so sorry your going through this too.  My Neuro emotion take me on a ride as well, I hate it.  I've cried more in this past year then I have in my whole life. The thing I hate the most is how much anxiety I get when I have plans outside the home like Apts or get togethers. I always make appointments in the late afternoon because mornings are so miserable. I would love to be apart of the Instagram group! Thank you again Hugs!

Yes, I make appointments and any gatherings, outing in the evening as well. 

Here is the invite ♥️

https://ig.me/j/AbbZJH7TpNnQZYrc/

Chlo❤

•Celexa 40mg 1999-2021•LONG COVID Aug.2021•Celexa stopped working•Zoloft 100mg Sept21'-Oct21'•Buspar •Lexapro 10mg Oct21'-Nov21'

•Lexapro did not work(adverse effects)•Lexapro 5mg Nov21'-1/17/22 switched to Lexapro liquid form 5mg 1/18/22•4.75mg 1/19•4.5mg 1/25•4.25mg 2/1•4.0mg 2/8

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

•2.75mg 6/26•2.50mg 7/10•2.45mg 7/18•2.40mg 7/25•2.35mg 8/1•2.33mg 8/26•2.27mg 9/15•2.21mg 9/23•2.16mg 9/30•2.10mg 10/14•2.04mg 10/24•1.99mg 11/18•1.95mg 1/02/23•1.90mg 1/09•1.80mg 1/27•1.75mg 2/21•1.70mg3/6•1.65mg3/14•1.60mg 4/07•1.52mg 4/30•1.48mg 5/07•1.40mg 6/08•1.36mg 6/17•1.32mg 6/27•1.28mg 7/17•1.20mg 8/18•1.15mg 9/13•1.12mg 10/15•1.06mg 1/20/24•1.02mg 2/16•1mg 2/27•.98mg3/02•.96mg3/20•

.90mg7/1•.85mg8/17•

Mirtazapine 15mg

I don't know much, but 3 things I do. There is a God. His word is true. Stay close to Him and He will bring you through. Amen🙏

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings to all!  I'm a relatively new member, a Christian, and just recently found this thread, so wanted to pipe in to be part of a support group with spiritually like-minded people. 

Brief background on me - I've been one one SSRI/SNRI or another since my early 30's - I'll be 70 next March.  That's a long time...  It's only been the last few years that I learned how we've been deceived about all this.  So I decided I wanted to try again to get off of drugs.  Fortunately, relatively early in my tapering journey, the Lord led me to Dr. Horowitz's work on hyperbolic tapering, which I began implementing last year.  Still, I now know that I tapered too quickly early in the game, it caught up with me, and I ended up in a really bad spot earlier this summer, when I "just happen" to discover across this site, which probably saved my life.   I reinstated at slightly higher dose about a month ago and will stay here as many more months as it takes to stabilize. 

In all honesty, if I had known what this was going to be like, I am not sure I would have begun, but am now too far down this path to go back without likely doing much more damage.  It is hard for me to have hope, especially at my age, realizing that it will likely be years, if ever, that I will normal again this side of eternity.  

Currently, I am struggling emotionally and physically with multiple WD symptoms - although much better than I was a month ago before reinstating.  Most distressing - I feel so detached / disconnected from God (as well as other people).  Intellectually, I know that God is with me and that loves me.  But I don't feel His presence or His love.  Praying has always been my weakness and now it is near impossible.  Reading anything is difficult most days, so reading the Bible is hard too.  Just words on a page that I don't even comprehend most days.  I obsess over past failures.  Such a waste of time and energy!  As an introvert and a single woman, I have always felt out of place at church, where most are couples, but before, I could "push myself" / cope.  Now, it is so hard just to even show up for services and interact with other people to the limited extend I can.  So I don't feel I have support from that source although fortunately there is one woman in the church who has gone through this, is now completely healed, and understands what I am dealing with - what a godsend to have her support and prayers.

I am trying to memorize / meditate on Scriptures - I believe that meditating on God's truth is a critical part of the healing process.  Neuroscience is finally catching up with the Bible - I have just in the last year or so (it is never to late to learn!) that I can CHOOSE how I think and how I CHOOSE to think affects my brain in physical ways.  Neuroscience has shown this to be true.  Our destinies are not determined by fixed genes.   One of the posts above includes a link to a short but fascinating TED talk with a simple strategy to help “cement” the positive in the brain:  Hardwiring happiness: Dr. Rick Hanson at TEDxMarin 2013. 

My default has always been negative thinking, about myself, about other people, about my circumstances, especially now.  It is such hard work for me to choose to think differently - to practice gratitude, to thoughtfully reflect on positive experiences both past and present in order to help cement them in my brain, to reject the negative, and, as I am a Christian, to focus on God and His trustworthy promises instead of myself and other people.  Nonetheless, I am convinced that this is crucial to healing from ADs and I do want to get through this.  So I am working hard to be more aware of my thoughts so that I can choose to shift to healthier thinking and thus promote the healing process.  "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7).

I've appreciated the encouragement in earlier posts - despite how I feel, I know Jesus is with me and for me.  He is the best resource of all!

Thanks for listening - Praying for us all.

1985-2010 (est.) - various ADs including Wellbutrin, Elavil, Prozac, Zoloft.  dosages unk.

1991-1992 - stopped AD while to conceive and during pregnancy.  Resumed 1993 (?).

2005 (est.) - tried to stop, severe symptoms.  Resumed meds.

2010 (est) - started Celexa (dose unk)

2016 (est) - started Effexor, working up to 112.5 mg/day.  Stayed at this dose for many years.

2023 - Feb. began linear tapering off Effexor. Switched to hyperbolic tapering in April 2023.  By July 12, 2024 at 1.36 mg / day.

July 13, 2024 - up-dosed to 1.44 mg / day to address severe withdrawal symptoms.  Felt somewhat better by next day; symptoms continue to improve.

Other meds:  75 mcg/day Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism

Supplements:  Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU), Boron, Magnesium Threonate (3 per day of 2000 mg with 145 mg Mg), Vitamin E (every other day), Lugol's iodine (4 drops/day); Omega 3's (currently 1 capsule Krill oil in morning, 2 capsules DHA-1000 Fish oil, one in afternoon and one in evening); Adrenal "cocktail" once or twice per day (– ¾ ts cream of tarter plus ¼ tsp Celtic salt dissolved in water.  Taken with Vitamin C.)

My Intro Topic:  Jane318: Tapering off Effexor - Struggling at the End

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed.  Jeremiah 17:14a.

• Mentor
2 hours ago, Jane318 said:

Currently, I am struggling emotionally and physically with multiple WD symptoms - although much better than I was a month ago before reinstating.  Most distressing - I feel so detached / disconnected from God (as well as other people).  Intellectually, I know that God is with me and that loves me.  But I don't feel His presence or His love.  Praying has always been my weakness and now it is near impossible.  Reading anything is difficult most days, so reading the Bible is hard too.

I've been there - feeling disconnected from others and spiritually. Does it help at all to know that it's a common (and often temporary) side effect of this process? Just an overcast sky preventing the blue from coming through, but the blue is always there.

I once had someone ask me, "Do you ever pray to feel better?"

I don't know about you, but up until that point I hadn't. I still don't make a habit of it.

Currently in a wave where it's hard for me to read too, and I love to read! It sounds like you've found a good workaround with the Ted talk you mentioned, I've been enjoying finding people who express themselves well and make short videos on topics I'm interested in. There's something really special in hearing someone describe something I've felt, but not had the words for, you know?

If you're open to it, offering a prayer that you feel reconnected again soon! 

Pronouns: they/them/theirs 

Started on Prozac in early 2000s to treat cPTSD, been on various cocktails ever since.

2002-2004, 2017-2022: Buspar, tapered down to 0

2016-present: 100mg Seroquel for sleep -> May 2023: 90mg -> June 2023: 81mg -> September 2023: 72mg -> switched to brand name, much too strong, down to 60mg -> October 2023: 54mg -> November 2023: 50mg -> January 2024: 45mg -> April 2024: 40.5mg -> May 2024: 41mg -> June 2024: 35mg -> July 2024: 31mg -> August 2024: 28mg -> September 2024: 25mg

2016-Present: 100mg Wellbutrin SR -> January 2023: 75mg IR (37.5mg 2x a day, a mistake, don't replicate) -> February 2023 (33.75mg 2x a day) -> July 2023 (30.37mg 2x a day) -> August 2023: 25mg 2x a day 

2018-present: 25mg Pristiq

2015-present: 600mg Gabapentin (200mg 3x a day) -> December 2022: 300mg Gabapentin (100mg 3x a day) per GP's recommendation after side effects -> March 2023: 90mg 3x a day (switched to liquid suspension) -> April 2023: 81mg 3x a day -> September 2023: bad generic, switched back to homemade liquid; too strong after bad generic, down to 70mg 3x a day, still bad. Adjusted slowly till at 60mg 3x a day, much better. Long hold till -> December 2023: 54mg, still feels too high after November Seroquel switch from brand name to generic, doc recommended 50mg which feels better -> January 2024: When Wellbutrin went down, Gabapentin started putting me to sleep, went down to 45mg, then 41mg to stay awake, so far so good -> February 2024: 36mg, still too high, 34mg -> March 2024: 31mg, STILL too high, 30mg down to 25mg

Supplements: Multivitamin w/magnesium, probiotics, digestive enzymes, anti-viral nitric oxide nose spray as needed

11 hours ago, Jane318 said:

Greetings to all!  I'm a relatively new member, a Christian, and just recently found this thread, so wanted to pipe in to be part of a support group with spiritually like-minded people. 

Brief background on me - I've been one one SSRI/SNRI or another since my early 30's - I'll be 70 next March.  That's a long time...  It's only been the last few years that I learned how we've been deceived about all this.  So I decided I wanted to try again to get off of drugs.  Fortunately, relatively early in my tapering journey, the Lord led me to Dr. Horowitz's work on hyperbolic tapering, which I began implementing last year.  Still, I now know that I tapered too quickly early in the game, it caught up with me, and I ended up in a really bad spot earlier this summer, when I "just happen" to discover across this site, which probably saved my life.   I reinstated at slightly higher dose about a month ago and will stay here as many more months as it takes to stabilize. 

In all honesty, if I had known what this was going to be like, I am not sure I would have begun, but am now too far down this path to go back without likely doing much more damage.  It is hard for me to have hope, especially at my age, realizing that it will likely be years, if ever, that I will normal again this side of eternity.  

Currently, I am struggling emotionally and physically with multiple WD symptoms - although much better than I was a month ago before reinstating.  Most distressing - I feel so detached / disconnected from God (as well as other people).  Intellectually, I know that God is with me and that loves me.  But I don't feel His presence or His love.  Praying has always been my weakness and now it is near impossible.  Reading anything is difficult most days, so reading the Bible is hard too.  Just words on a page that I don't even comprehend most days.  I obsess over past failures.  Such a waste of time and energy!  As an introvert and a single woman, I have always felt out of place at church, where most are couples, but before, I could "push myself" / cope.  Now, it is so hard just to even show up for services and interact with other people to the limited extend I can.  So I don't feel I have support from that source although fortunately there is one woman in the church who has gone through this, is now completely healed, and understands what I am dealing with - what a godsend to have her support and prayers.

I am trying to memorize / meditate on Scriptures - I believe that meditating on God's truth is a critical part of the healing process.  Neuroscience is finally catching up with the Bible - I have just in the last year or so (it is never to late to learn!) that I can CHOOSE how I think and how I CHOOSE to think affects my brain in physical ways.  Neuroscience has shown this to be true.  Our destinies are not determined by fixed genes.   One of the posts above includes a link to a short but fascinating TED talk with a simple strategy to help “cement” the positive in the brain:  Hardwiring happiness: Dr. Rick Hanson at TEDxMarin 2013. 

My default has always been negative thinking, about myself, about other people, about my circumstances, especially now.  It is such hard work for me to choose to think differently - to practice gratitude, to thoughtfully reflect on positive experiences both past and present in order to help cement them in my brain, to reject the negative, and, as I am a Christian, to focus on God and His trustworthy promises instead of myself and other people.  Nonetheless, I am convinced that this is crucial to healing from ADs and I do want to get through this.  So I am working hard to be more aware of my thoughts so that I can choose to shift to healthier thinking and thus promote the healing process.  "For as he thinks in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7).

I've appreciated the encouragement in earlier posts - despite how I feel, I know Jesus is with me and for me.  He is the best resource of all!

Thanks for listening - Praying for us all.

Welcome to the group. Praying for you. Thank you for sharing the Ted talk, I will definitely be taking a look at that. I totally understand not feeling connected with anyone or spiritually. For me it feels like I'm a completely different person now. Everything in my life has changed drastically with this WD. How I think, how I feel, what I eat and drink, the relationships I have. It's like I'm trying to figure out who the new me is. Plus there is a grieving process with this. I have to remind myself that I've been through hell and I'm still healing so grace is needed. I read a book that helped me spiritually "you'll get through this" by Max Lucado. I highly recommend it. Again I'm praying for you and all of us. 

Oct 28 stopped buspar

13 hours ago, littlebird said:

I've been there - feeling disconnected from others and spiritually. Does it help at all to know that it's a common (and often temporary) side effect of this process? Just an overcast sky preventing the blue from coming through, but the blue is always there...

Littlebird, thank you for responding.  It helps so much to hear from others going through this and be able learn from their experiences / wisdom.   I do pray specifically for neurological healing, but you made me realize I need to pray more specifically - to feel better, for renewed physical energy and motivation, to gain interest / enjoyment in life.  Thank you!  Praying for you too.

Blessings, Jane

Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I hope in Him!”

Lamentations 3:22-24

1985-2010 (est.) - various ADs including Wellbutrin, Elavil, Prozac, Zoloft.  dosages unk.

1991-1992 - stopped AD while to conceive and during pregnancy.  Resumed 1993 (?).

2016 (est) - started Effexor, working up to 112.5 mg/day.  Stayed at this dose for many years.

2023 - Feb. began linear tapering off Effexor. Switched to hyperbolic tapering in April 2023.  By July 12, 2024 at 1.36 mg / day.

July 13, 2024 - up-dosed to 1.44 mg / day to address severe withdrawal symptoms.  Felt somewhat better by next day; symptoms continue to improve.

Supplements:  Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU), Boron, Magnesium Threonate (3 per day of 2000 mg with 145 mg Mg), Vitamin E (every other day), Lugol's iodine (4 drops/day); Omega 3's (currently 1 capsule Krill oil in morning, 2 capsules DHA-1000 Fish oil, one in afternoon and one in evening); Adrenal "cocktail" once or twice per day (– ¾ ts cream of tarter plus ¼ tsp Celtic salt dissolved in water.  Taken with Vitamin C.)

4 hours ago, missy27 said:

Welcome to the group. Praying for you. Thank you for sharing the Ted talk, I will definitely be taking a look at that. I totally understand not feeling connected with anyone or spiritually. For me it feels like I'm a completely different person now. Everything in my life has changed drastically with this WD. How I think, how I feel, what I eat and drink, the relationships I have. It's like I'm trying to figure out who the new me is. Plus there is a grieving process with this. I have to remind myself that I've been through hell and I'm still healing so grace is needed. I read a book that helped me spiritually "you'll get through this" by Max Lucado. I highly recommend it. Again I'm praying for you and all of us. 

Missy,  Thank you for the welcome and your prayers.  Although I am am sad that you too, and others, are dealing with some of these awful feelings, it does help to know I am not alone, that others understand, and that we can pray for each other.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.   

I too feel like a completely different person.  But I've also come to see that who I was on ADs was not the real "me," either.  So here I am, nearly 70, trying to grow up...  :) 

Thank you for the book recommendation.  And here is one from me:  Switch on Your Brain: The Key to Peak Happiness, Thinking, and Health by Dr. Caroline Leaf.  She is a neuroscientist who is also Christian - in this book she shows how neuroscience is (finally) catching up to the Bible, proving that how we CHOOSE to think (we have a choice) influences our brain, for good or for bad.  On days that I can read, I am re-reading and using it as a guide to re-program my thinking and hence promote healing. Thank you again! 

Blessings, Jane

Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me,
For I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart have enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses!
Look on my affliction and my pain,
And forgive all my sins.
Consider my enemies
[wrong thinking], for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.
Keep my soul, and deliver me;
Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.

Psalm 25:16-21

Asking for prayers. This wave has been so debilitating. The nausea, fog and weakness is awful. I'm starting to get windows in the evening so I'm hoping that this means it's moving on. Amazing how it messes with your hope when things get this bad. Just trying to remember that God is with us, walking with us. Praying for all of you, hope you are doing well. 

Much love to you all

Oct 28 stopped buspar

1 minute ago, missy27 said:

Asking for prayers. This wave has been so debilitating. The nausea, fog and weakness is awful. I'm starting to get windows in the evening so I'm hoping that this means it's moving on. Amazing how it messes with your hope when things get this bad. Just trying to remember that God is with us, walking with us. Praying for all of you, hope you are doing well. 

Much love to you all

Praying for you, sweetheart 🙏 This too shall pass! But it is heartbreaking while we are in it. Concentrate on your evening that's coming soon ❤️

Chlo❤

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

.90mg7/1•.85mg8/17•

Mirtazapine 15mg

3 minutes ago, Chlo said:

Praying for you, sweetheart 🙏 This too shall pass! But it is heartbreaking while we are in it. Concentrate on your evening that's coming soon ❤️

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. 

Oct 28 stopped buspar

12 minutes ago, missy27 said:

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. 

Your so welcome! Keep the prayers coming in all directions ❤️

Chlo❤

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

.90mg7/1•.85mg8/17•

Mirtazapine 15mg

4 hours ago, missy27 said:

Asking for prayers. ...

Prayed for you @missy27 just now.  

1Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Psalm 62:1,2, 5-8

12 hours ago, Jane318 said:

Prayed for you @missy27 just now.  

1Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.

My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us. Selah

Psalm 62:1,2, 5-8

Thank you so very much

Oct 28 stopped buspar

Please pray for me. I am doing well, just struggling with the heat from it being summer. Does Abilify make one more sensitive to heat? I start to feel bored at work when it is slow, if you can pray for more customers to come in. Thank you! 

I am praying for each of you too. You can get through withdrawal with the Lord’s strength! 

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”
Psalm 91:1-6 

July 2008. 1st Psychotic episode.      April 2016. 2nd Psychotic episode.        

August 2018.  3rd Psychotic episode. Hospitalized. Fall of 2018. Started Risperadone after the hospital. 

April 2019. Stopped Risperadone and replaced it with Abilify. I forget the dosage. 

1st try tapering off Abilify, (Fall 2020) got down to liquid Abilify (maybe .25mg or lower, I forget exact dosage) and almost went back into psychosis. Reinstated Abilify to stop psychosis. 

2nd try tapering off Abilify (2021)  Failed. But did not go into psychosis this time. Reinstated Abilify at high dose.

3rd try tapering off Abilify (2022) Went into psychosis June 2022. Self harm, hallucinations. Hospitalized after almost 4 years hospital free! 10 mg Abilify (morning) and 15 mg Abilify (night) in June 2022 at hospital.

4th try tapering off Abilify: September 2022. back down to 5mg. Abilify. January 2023: down to 4mg. Abilify.     March 2023: down to 3mg. Abilify    July 2023: went back up to 4 mg Abilify. 

1 hour ago, eje91 said:

Please pray for me. I am doing well, just struggling with the heat from it being summer. Does Abilify make one more sensitive to heat? I start to feel bored at work when it is slow, if you can pray for more customers to come in. Thank you! 

I am praying for each of you too. You can get through withdrawal with the Lord’s strength! 

“He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the [a]fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and [b]buckler.
You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.”
Psalm 91:1-6 

Thank you for the awsome scripture and prayers. I know that being in WD makes me very sensitive to heat. I'm more wore down for sure. I think our bodies have a hard time with regulating temperature. Praying for busy days to come and for a more calm body.

Oct 28 stopped buspar

“Do not grow weary of asking, be steadfast and tireless in your demands. If you are refused today, tomorrow you will obtain everything; if this year brings nothing, the next will bring you abundance. Never think your efforts are wasted. Your every word is numbered and what you receive will be in the measure of the time you have spent asking. Your treasure is piling up and suddenly one day it will overflow to an extent beyond your dreams.”

Inspirational quote from a book called Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence.

I hope it inspires you like it did me.

2021: Lexapro 20mg for anxiety.

March 2024: Started probiotic. Few days later, adverse reaction to Lexapro. Stopped probiotic.

15mg for two weeks. Adverse reaction each dose.

April 2024: Began Zoloft 25mg & Lexapro 10mg. 3 days of both of these taken at night with horrible reactions.

Hydroxyzine 25mg-50mg.

Stopped Zoloft and stayed on Lexapro 10mg for 3 days.

Began Zoloft 25mg again, took in the morning. Lexapro 10mg night. Adverse reaction with each drug. 3 days of this and then I stopped Zoloft.

Continued Lexapro 10mg alone for a few days.

Kindled reaction to Hydroxyzine? After I had taken it for a week, and on the third day I had taken both Zoloft and Lexapro.

Stopped Lexapro April 5th, 2024.

Histamine intolerance began? July 3rd, 2024.

9 minutes ago, StDymphna said:

“Do not grow weary of asking, be steadfast and tireless in your demands. If you are refused today, tomorrow you will obtain everything; if this year brings nothing, the next will bring you abundance. Never think your efforts are wasted. Your every word is numbered and what you receive will be in the measure of the time you have spent asking. Your treasure is piling up and suddenly one day it will overflow to an extent beyond your dreams.”

I love this so much! Thank you. I needed this.

Oct 28 stopped buspar

4 hours ago, StDymphna said:

Thank you very much!! I needed this as well, my heart is breaking ❤️

Chlo❤

•3.75mg 3/28•3.5mg 5/23

•3.25mg 5/30•3.0mg 6/19

.90mg7/1•.85mg8/17•

Mirtazapine 15mg

Could use prayer. I've lost all hope and resilience. 

• Paxil Reductions: December 2022: Paxil 40 to 30mg (went OK); May 2023: Paxil 30 to 20 mg (went OK); Oct. 14, 2023: Paxil 15mg; Oct. 21, 2023: Paxil 10mg  (done w/ conventional doc -- bottom dropped out 3 weeks later)
  • Nov. 9, 2023: tried reinstating to 20mg but reacted very badly (probably kindling)
  • November 18, 2023: 7.5ml (15mg equivalent) *switch to manufacturer's liquid, Novatium* Doctor switched me to 7.5ml liquid b/c tiny pills were  splitting unevenly - further destabilization by both switching to liquid and changing dose at same time.
  • November 2023 - present: *severe* withdrawal symptoms, akathisia
  • Jan 6 2024 - stopped coffee and all forms of caffeine. Eliminated dairy, processed foods, sugar.  Gluten intolerant so no gluten. Low fodmap diet for gut issues, daily leafy greens, a lot of protein to avoid blood sugar spikes after meals 
  • Apr 2 2024 - stopped daily propranolol. Think it was interfering with sleep and causing other side effects. 
  • May 23, 2024 - cross taper from mfr. liquid paroxetine to capsule form begun. 5ml liquid + 5 mg capsule (in place of 7.5ml dose of liquid). New doctor (deprescribing type) felt strongly that the mfr. liquid was/is an issue. June 11: 2.5ml liquid + 10mg capsule. June 16, 2024: fully on the capsules now, no liquid. 
  • supplements: magnesium glycinate 150mg;  June 17 2024 : switched to magnesium citrate CALM powder to hopefully get things moving; Aug. 10, 2024 - switched back to magnesium glycinate and taking 200mg

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Praying for you, Jesus is walking with you. You are not alone. Keeping fighting the good fight. I totally get it, it's so hard doing this misery everyday.....its so hard. Sending hugs 

Oct 28 stopped buspar

11 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Please don’t lose hope…this is temporary and your prognosis is that of healing!  It truly is.

You are never, ever alone as the Lord our God and savior is forever with you, even when you feel lost and abandoned.  

Its okay to have days where you feel you can’t go on and your in the pits of hell, but tomorrow is a new day (and might be the same) but it’s another day closer to healing.  

I’ll be praying for you.  🙏

On 7/17/2024 at 10:45 PM, Chlo said:

I love Baylissa 

Have you been to any of her support groups @Chlo? Checking around for groups that are least likely to be triggering or activating. I've been told hers are pretty safe, as it were. 

• Paxil Reductions: December 2022: Paxil 40 to 30mg (went OK); May 2023: Paxil 30 to 20 mg (went OK); Oct. 14, 2023: Paxil 15mg; Oct. 21, 2023: Paxil 10mg  (done w/ conventional doc -- bottom dropped out 3 weeks later)
  • Nov. 9, 2023: tried reinstating to 20mg but reacted very badly (probably kindling)
  • November 18, 2023: 7.5ml (15mg equivalent) *switch to manufacturer's liquid, Novatium* Doctor switched me to 7.5ml liquid b/c tiny pills were  splitting unevenly - further destabilization by both switching to liquid and changing dose at same time.
  • Jan 6 2024 - stopped coffee and all forms of caffeine. Eliminated dairy, processed foods, sugar.  Gluten intolerant so no gluten. Low fodmap diet for gut issues, daily leafy greens, a lot of protein to avoid blood sugar spikes after meals 
  • Apr 2 2024 - stopped daily propranolol. Think it was interfering with sleep and causing other side effects. 
  • May 23, 2024 - cross taper from mfr. liquid paroxetine to capsule form begun. 5ml liquid + 5 mg capsule (in place of 7.5ml dose of liquid). New doctor (deprescribing type) felt strongly that the mfr. liquid was/is an issue. June 11: 2.5ml liquid + 10mg capsule. June 16, 2024: fully on the capsules now, no liquid. 
  • supplements: magnesium glycinate 150mg;  June 17 2024 : switched to magnesium citrate CALM powder to hopefully get things moving; Aug. 10, 2024 - switched back to magnesium glycinate and taking 200mg

No reply required - Just letting you know I am thinking of and praying for you.  Will pray for wisdom / leading to the right support group, if that is for you.

16 minutes ago, Jane318 said:

No reply required - Just letting you know I am thinking of and praying for you.  Will pray for wisdom / leading to the right support group, if that is for you.

I really appreciate your prayers -- thank you so much. 💗

I've been having episodes where it feels like I can't grasp reality and I'm in a lot of fear and confusion...especially with everything going on in the world and all the evil being unveiled. 
sometimes it's just too much to take and I'll scream out to God and He ultimately does always come through. 
Another thing that freaks me out is that I can't remember my dreams anymore..and the brain fog is so frustrating. 
It's so nice to find a thread with other Christian women..it's nice to know I'm not alone on the spiritual side of it ❤️

13 hours ago, RachaelWind said:

I've been having episodes where it feels like I can't grasp reality and I'm in a lot of fear and confusion...especially with everything going on in the world and all the evil being unveiled. 
sometimes it's just too much to take and I'll scream out to God and He ultimately does always come through. 
Another thing that freaks me out is that I can't remember my dreams anymore..and the brain fog is so frustrating. 
It's so nice to find a thread with other Christian women..it's nice to know I'm not alone on the spiritual side of it ❤️

You are not alone!  I find it so difficult to get "in tune" spiritually, when everything is so out of tune right now; I feel so detached from everyone, including God.  However, I find comfort in Psalm 25 especially, which reminds me that God "remembers" me on the basis of HIS mercy and goodness, not on feelings / spirituality that I can gin up.  Brain fog, inability to concentrate... all so difficult.  But in sharing these struggles, we can know that we are not alone and it WILL get better.  Like you, withdrawal has been a hell beyond anything I have experienced before and I sometimes regret starting down this path.  Regarding evil in the world...yes, it seems tangible sometimes, overwhelming.  Yet I keep reminding myself that God told us what it would be like in the last days (I believe we are there), so it all points to the soon return of Jesus Christ, Who is our blessed hope (Titus 2:13)!  Praying for you.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy