The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

Healing

@Celeste1990 Hi, been thinking about you, how are you, are you seeing any improvement yet with your dizziness?

2008 10 mg Citalopram, 2.5 mg bendroflumethiazide

2021 reduced Citalopram over three years,2023 5.2 mg Citalopram for approx. 1 year

Sept 2023 taken off Citalopram and bendroflumethiazide , put on Amitriptyline 10 mg and Ramipril 2.5 mg 

October 2023 taken off Amitriptyline and Ramipril put on Propranolol 10 mg

October 2023 put on Losartan 25 mg 

November 2023 taken off Losartan on Propranolol 10 mg 

December 2023 now on 2.5 mg bendroflumethiazide + Citalopram 0.5 mg.

February 2024, taken off bendroflumethiazide, on bisoprolol 1.25 mg

February 2024, taken off bisoprolol, on ramipril 1.25 mg + 0.5mg Citalopram, stopped ramipril. June 2024 0.45 mg Citalopram. July 204 0.4 mg. ( nothing else).

4 hours ago, Sonia009 said:

@Celeste1990 Hi, been thinking about you, how are you, are you seeing any improvement yet with your dizziness?

Hello, so kind of you to check in. Unfortunately no, I have seen zero improvement and feeling very hopeless. How are you?

2012-2013 - 5mg Lexapro

2015-2016 - 5mg Lexapro

(the above are approximate dates but each time i was taking it for at least 6 months)

April 6, 2024 - one 10mg dose Lexapro and immediate adverse reaction 

@Sonia009 is it normal to not see improvement at almost 6 months? I’m so worried this is never going away 😢 

2012-2013 - 5mg Lexapro

2015-2016 - 5mg Lexapro

(the above are approximate dates but each time i was taking it for at least 6 months)

April 6, 2024 - one 10mg dose Lexapro and immediate adverse reaction 

31 minutes ago, Celeste1990 said:

Hello, so kind of you to check in. Unfortunately no, I have seen zero improvement and feeling very hopeless. How are you?

So sorry to hear that. It Just drags you down doesn't it. I'm feeling awful too unfortunately @Celeste1990Dizziness worse the last couple of days, balance off too. Still got nausea, managed to do housework this morning, collect my food shop with my husband driving but I felt like someone drunk. I never felt this bad the first time I withdrew. Flopped on the bed right now. I wish I could advise you but I can't, I just keep hoping for better days and trying to remind myself that it will pass.🙏😊

2021 reduced Citalopram over three years,2023 5.2 mg Citalopram for approx. 1 year

Sept 2023 taken off Citalopram and bendroflumethiazide , put on Amitriptyline 10 mg and Ramipril 2.5 mg 

February 2024, taken off bisoprolol, on ramipril 1.25 mg + 0.5mg Citalopram, stopped ramipril. June 2024 0.45 mg Citalopram. July 204 0.4 mg. ( nothing else).

18 minutes ago, Celeste1990 said:

@Sonia009 is it normal to not see improvement at almost 6 months? I’m so worried this is never going away 😢 

@Celeste1990 I can only go by what I read on here, it sometimes takes longer for some to recover than others. I'm sure it has taken that length of time and longer for some but that doesn't mean it will take long for you. I guess it's a waiting game but in the meantime we can try to carry on with our lives the best we can, good nutrition, hydration, exercise, distraction etc and listening to our body. Stressing about it makes it worse for me. It took me over a year to get back to normality the first time I ct from Citalopram (going from 10 mg to 5 mg) but there were times in between when I was able to function somewhat normally. It wasn't always doom and gloom. It's been harder this time on the lower doses. Also, illnesses and medication remedies affect the withdrawal process for me too. I used to go on another forum the first time around and I remember someone saying they just got up one morning and symptoms were gone. I think it was a bit like that for me too the first time around, I remember starting to do things that I hadn't done in a while like driving and I got braver each day. Symptoms eventually went away. Don't lose hope, you will feel better one day, just take a day at a time knowing it's a day nearer to healing. x

10 hours ago, Tom37 said:

Hello,

Not sure if any long termers are lurking around.

My wave pattern seems to have changed the longer wd has gone on. I seem to go for 5/6 months at baseline which means I can generally live an almost full life. Still not 100 percent but good enough to live. But my waves seem to now go for 2 or 3 months but at a lesser intensity. The have an acute stage at the start for 3 or 4 days then settle in to a long wave. I can still function and work and look after myself etc but everything else is on hold. Definitely not a fun time.

I’m coming up three weeks in current one and no sign of it easing. No morphing of symptoms either yet, everything just the same.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this pattern??

7 years off? Are you on any other meds like a statin or sleep med by chance? 

Sertaline- tried 50 mg beginning of June 2023. Caused hyperreflexia.  So stopped after one dose. Tried several smaller doses that month.  Had burning and twitching so just stopped. 

Lexapro

June of 2023' 2.5 mg for two weeks 

July of 2023 5 mg for two weeks

July of 2023 7.5 mg for 2 weeks

August to mid September 10 mg

Mid September reduced to 7.5

October to October 15 reduced to 5

October 15 to October 30 reduced to 2.5 

October 30-off

Greetings fellow WD sufferers - hoping this is the right place to share about this YouTube channel I discovered from another posting - https://www.youtube.com/@IAWProject.  I especially appreciated the two short videos that talk about the 10 most common withdrawal symptoms - totally consistent with what is described on this site, in video form. One thing that really struck me is how we may not remember what happened earlier in the day - or even 5 minutes ago - but we remember every single painful thing that ever happened to us in the past.  Boy, as that been the case with me - watching an excruciating replay of those events over and over and over...  And unable to drag up even one positive memory.  Anyway, the videos helped reinforce that this is not the real ME, this is withdrawal, and is temporary. It helps me to be continually reminded.  I know better days are ahead for us all. 

1985-2010 (est.) - various ADs including Wellbutrin, Elavil, Prozac, Zoloft.  dosages unk.

1991-1992 - stopped AD while to conceive and during pregnancy.  Resumed 1993 (?).

2005 (est.) - tried to stop, severe symptoms.  Resumed meds.

2010 (est) - started Celexa (dose unk)

2016 (est) - started Effexor, working up to 112.5 mg/day.  Stayed at this dose for many years.

2023 - Feb. began linear tapering off Effexor. Switched to hyperbolic tapering in April 2023.  By July 12, 2024 at 1.36 mg / day.

July 13, 2024 - up-dosed to 1.44 mg / day to address severe withdrawal symptoms.  Felt somewhat better by next day; symptoms continue to improve.

Other meds:  75 mcg/day Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism

Supplements:  Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU), Boron, Magnesium Threonate (3 per day of 2000 mg with 145 mg Mg), Vitamin E (every other day), Lugol's iodine (4 drops/day); Omega 3's (currently 1 capsule Krill oil in morning, 2 capsules DHA-1000 Fish oil, one in afternoon and one in evening); Adrenal "cocktail" once or twice per day (– ¾ ts cream of tarter plus ¼ tsp Celtic salt dissolved in water.  Taken with Vitamin C.)

My Intro Topic:  Jane318: Tapering off Effexor - Struggling at the End

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed.  Jeremiah 17:14a.

I have fully  finished effexor 75 mg 3 weeks ago today ,I have two questions if anyone can help please ,1 .at the moment I have to keep screaming into a pillow and feel like I want to cry but can't get the tears to come ,the screaming is uncontrollable almost as if iam vomiting the screams out iam wondering is this a build up of trapped emotions while being on the medication as that's how it feels? 2. My nervous system is literally rattling every time I lay down iam constantly shaking and on edge can anyone explain what is happening is that medication related,I have some stress in my life at the moment I have a two year old as most know that's not easy ! But what's adding to it is iam constantly worrying are these symptoms coming from life or from the medication any help would be appreciated thanks.

I was previously on lexapro 10 mg from August 2011 to November 22 the Effexor 75 mg from November 22 to currently 

14 hours ago, paulk23 said:

I have fully  finished effexor 75 mg 3 weeks ago today ,I have two questions if anyone can help please ,1 .at the moment I have to keep screaming into a pillow and feel like I want to cry but can't get the tears to come ,the screaming is uncontrollable almost as if iam vomiting the screams out iam wondering is this a build up of trapped emotions while being on the medication as that's how it feels? 2. My nervous system is literally rattling every time I lay down iam constantly shaking and on edge can anyone explain what is happening is that medication related,I have some stress in my life at the moment I have a two year old as most know that's not easy ! But what's adding to it is iam constantly worrying are these symptoms coming from life or from the medication any help would be appreciated thanks.

@paulk23 If you have not yet created your intro post, you should do so ASAP, with your drug signature.  This is the best place to put questions like this, for faster response from moderator, which I think you need.  Below are two links that will walk you through this.  I did a quick review or your prior posts, and I am thinking your CNS is crashing from tapering too quickly.  Best to get expert support from a moderator on how to address current symptoms.  May need to reinstate and hold in order to stabilize before resuming taper.  Moderators will give you their input on this.  If you decide to reinstate, you want to be careful in the dose that you choose to do so.

Create your own introduction topic

Summarize your drug history in your signature

1985-2010 (est.) - various ADs including Wellbutrin, Elavil, Prozac, Zoloft.  dosages unk.

1991-1992 - stopped AD while to conceive and during pregnancy.  Resumed 1993 (?).

2005 (est.) - tried to stop, severe symptoms.  Resumed meds.

2010 (est) - started Celexa (dose unk)

2016 (est) - started Effexor, working up to 112.5 mg/day.  Stayed at this dose for many years.

2023 - Feb. began linear tapering off Effexor. Switched to hyperbolic tapering in April 2023.  By July 12, 2024 at 1.36 mg / day.

July 13, 2024 - up-dosed to 1.44 mg / day to address severe withdrawal symptoms.  Felt somewhat better by next day; symptoms continue to improve.

Other meds:  75 mcg/day Levothyroxine for hypothyroidism

Supplements:  Vitamin D3 (5,000 IU), Boron, Magnesium Threonate (3 per day of 2000 mg with 145 mg Mg), Vitamin E (every other day), Lugol's iodine (4 drops/day); Omega 3's (currently 1 capsule Krill oil in morning, 2 capsules DHA-1000 Fish oil, one in afternoon and one in evening); Adrenal "cocktail" once or twice per day (– ¾ ts cream of tarter plus ¼ tsp Celtic salt dissolved in water.  Taken with Vitamin C.)

My Intro Topic:  Jane318: Tapering off Effexor - Struggling at the End

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed.  Jeremiah 17:14a.

i am 3 years off mitrazpine.Is very hard to live life.I am 3 years every day in pain.I have thingling teeth anf fingers .Big depression.Are anyone have any advice experience?

i was 8 years 30 mg mitrazpine.2 years taper 30/15/7.5/3.75.and 2 years 4 months off.

i feel very bad.Big anexity and tired.I have big pain in body and pain in muscle.

i am in depression and have adhedonia.

Have thingling in teeth and fingers.

i every day live i  pain.

i have no emotion.

That's interesting, I have pain almost everywhere and also something similar with my mouth and sometimes teeth too, mine is more like fizzy drink like taste and feeling, sometimes a chemical burn like pain.

Finger tips feel desensitised and tingly often.

For me the pain got a lot better during the taper of the antipsyc after micro dose reinstatement, but the antidepressant, it got worse at the end, then it got better for a few months after I finally quit before everything got worse and worse again the following 6-7 months later, but now the pain is getting better again very slowly.

Over 3 years into this too including the tapering.

Late 2014-Early 2015 started Lovan SSRI for weakness, fatigue and severe SD. Severe side effects. CT

2015- multiple SSRIs and SNRI (type?) Anger and side effects. CT

2015- Agromelatine  6 months- No effects CT

2016- Present Moclobemide. Partial response without major side effects. 

2017- 2017- Added Sodium Valproate- No effects just hair loss. CT

2018- Antipsychotic. (type?) No effects. CT. 

2018- Latuda Antipsychotic. 6 months. No effects. CT. 

2019 Jan- Rexulti. Massive improvement no major side effects.  2mg dose.

September 2020- Sudden severe SD after a number of years of being mostly fine and jerky sleep/wake transitions + severe sleep paralysis, injuries to face during sleep, blunt emotions, brain fog, little motivation.

August 2021- Rexulti concluded as likely cause. Begin taper over 8 weeks. Delayed severe neurological (almost entirely autonomic) WD symptoms in late November 2021 after being symptom free. 

Reinstated and taper Rexulti @ 0.25mg Jan 2022, 0.125mg May, August 0.0625mg, November 26th 0.03125mg, Feb 27th 2023 0.0158mg, May 22nd 0.0mg. Finally!

Taper Moclobemide March 2022 from 300mg to 150mg, August 75mg (last reduction too harsh, moving to 10% per 3, 4 or 5 weeks) 12th Oct 22  67.5mg, 11th Nov 60.18mg, 11th Dec 53.65mg, 2nd Jan 2023 48.035mg, 23rd Jan 2023 42.8mg, 13th Feb 39.033mg, 20th March 34.85mg, April 19- May 17 rather rapid slide method from 31mg to 19mg (approx 10% weekly). Hold 19mg to May 31st, 17.5mg to 15th June, Split dosing 9mg x 2 twice daily 1 at 5pm and 1 at 7:30pm. Helped with the severity of the adverse reactions and can be mixed with next dosing to allow a slide period. July 11th,  9mg + 7.5mg. July 18th 2 x 7.5mg,  Aug 18th 7.5mg + 6mg, Aug 25th 6+6mg, Sep 23rd 5.25+5.25mg, Oct 27 CT. Drug free!

Just to say that, 21 months (almost two years) after I stopped taking the drugs and went through horrible withdrawal symptoms, I can say that I only have small waves that last a maximum of three days and big windows. PGA has disappeared and the PSSD has been disappearing for the last two months at an alarming rate. My biggest symptom is sadness, but it's disappearing, the anhedonia is no longer present. There is hope, my friends!

24yMale

2017- Serteline (6months)

2022-2023 Trazodone (1 year):

50mg up to 100mg

Stoped cold turkey on 31 of Dececember 2022

Withdrawal Simptons since then:

-panic attacks (never had before); -anhedonia (never had before); -erectil disfuntion (never had before); -numbness of the genitals (never had before); -depression; -insomnia; -windows and waves pattern; -claustrophobia (never had before); -neuro-emotions

@Leonardo this is so encouraging to hear!!

End of January-April 2021: 5mg Lexapro

April 2021: 2.5mg Lexapro

May 2021: 0mg Lexapro

August 5th-7th 2024: 12.5mg Zoloft

August 10th: 0mg

Symptoms that have resolved: vomiting, muscle twitches (mostly), double vision, no appetite, insomnia, fear, severe muscle pain, akathisia (or restlessness, not sure), fear of everything

Current symptoms:

dp/dr, racing thoughts, ear worms, vision distortion, depression, anhedonia, severe morning anxiety, nightmares, severe fatigue, cognitive impairment, rumination

I posted one of these a while ago, just ignore the label as moods, it's a mood app but I repurposed it as overall severity of symptoms which including mood as well. So this doesn't tell you what type if symptoms it is, but rather how I am copping/severity.

Symptoms are always evolving and changing with time.  The really bad ones started around March, but I didn't get tracking until April when it was evident I was getting worse after a few months of relative calm post last dose in Oct 2023.

As you can see, the last 2 months things are starting to stabilise and some general improvement overall.

Going on 3 years and 2 months since I first experienced WD. Sig has the history.

daylio_share(1).jpg

Late 2014-Early 2015 started Lovan SSRI for weakness, fatigue and severe SD. Severe side effects. CT

2015- multiple SSRIs and SNRI (type?) Anger and side effects. CT

2015- Agromelatine  6 months- No effects CT

2016- Present Moclobemide. Partial response without major side effects. 

2017- 2017- Added Sodium Valproate- No effects just hair loss. CT

2018- Antipsychotic. (type?) No effects. CT. 

2018- Latuda Antipsychotic. 6 months. No effects. CT. 

2019 Jan- Rexulti. Massive improvement no major side effects.  2mg dose.

September 2020- Sudden severe SD after a number of years of being mostly fine and jerky sleep/wake transitions + severe sleep paralysis, injuries to face during sleep, blunt emotions, brain fog, little motivation.

August 2021- Rexulti concluded as likely cause. Begin taper over 8 weeks. Delayed severe neurological (almost entirely autonomic) WD symptoms in late November 2021 after being symptom free. 

Reinstated and taper Rexulti @ 0.25mg Jan 2022, 0.125mg May, August 0.0625mg, November 26th 0.03125mg, Feb 27th 2023 0.0158mg, May 22nd 0.0mg. Finally!

Taper Moclobemide March 2022 from 300mg to 150mg, August 75mg (last reduction too harsh, moving to 10% per 3, 4 or 5 weeks) 12th Oct 22  67.5mg, 11th Nov 60.18mg, 11th Dec 53.65mg, 2nd Jan 2023 48.035mg, 23rd Jan 2023 42.8mg, 13th Feb 39.033mg, 20th March 34.85mg, April 19- May 17 rather rapid slide method from 31mg to 19mg (approx 10% weekly). Hold 19mg to May 31st, 17.5mg to 15th June, Split dosing 9mg x 2 twice daily 1 at 5pm and 1 at 7:30pm. Helped with the severity of the adverse reactions and can be mixed with next dosing to allow a slide period. July 11th,  9mg + 7.5mg. July 18th 2 x 7.5mg,  Aug 18th 7.5mg + 6mg, Aug 25th 6+6mg, Sep 23rd 5.25+5.25mg, Oct 27 CT. Drug free!

On 10/1/2024 at 8:29 AM, Leonardo said:

Just to say that, 21 months (almost two years) after I stopped taking the drugs and went through horrible withdrawal symptoms, I can say that I only have small waves that last a maximum of three days and big windows. PGA has disappeared and the PSSD has been disappearing for the last two months at an alarming rate. My biggest symptom is sadness, but it's disappearing, the anhedonia is no longer present. There is hope, my friends!

Just entering a wave after a good couple months, this is exactly what I needed to read this morning.  Congratulations and hopefully healing continues for you, and everyone here reading.

May 8, 2023

One pill Bupropion sr 150mg

That’s it.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy