Hi there,

I have been through polydrug hell, suffered insomnia after medical shock then given host of sleep meds but believe they caused paradoxical breathing or possibly withdrawals maybe from mix, was given zolpiclone and Xanax and no in breath when going into deeper sleep and would wake constantly? Has anyone experienced this? Continued and given mirtrazapine at morning time!

Then amitriptyline which caused urinary retention stopped both, no sleep still so kept on Xanax and zopiclone, then stopped and the same scenario no in breath? If anyone knows what this is? I was then given Xanax to keep me asleep, never more than 1mg ar night only, would you have withdrawals from that if just at night? Panic attacks as no sleep only an hour or so, myoclonus, can’t sleep during day time jerks hypnic. Then started sertraline and hyperacusis started and Xanax still. Then went to psych hospital as wasn’t sure what was happening? Was treated horrifically told agitated depression, never had depression in life, we thing misdiagnosed badly, by power tripping psych as I challenged that. Given Effexor, then clonazapam at night 1mg kept pushing Effexor up, no benefit.

I was so worried as they were leaving me on clonazapam, I was only taking at night, day was cut cold Turkey as I was too sleepy. No weaning. Then told take more at night! But got trazadone added 100mg and cut clonazapam to .5 from 1mg, hyperacusis back as had gone but worse than when went in! Effexor pushed up more, phergen added night and clonazapam cut to .25mg from .5mg, Effexor up at 150mg, hyperacusis unbelievable now! Odd as if was depression should the Effexor now get rid of hyperacusis? No benefit. Then told take more, 187 and I couldn’t sleep at all. Myoclonus so bad. Was left even though had bruising everywhere ignored amongst so many other symptoms panic attacks so bad, let out as insurance up, left in lurch, cut to 150 Effexor then 112 and hyperacusis worsening. Got public psych but she said thinks misdiagnosed but no disgnosis and said cut Effexor to 75 and hyperacusis was too much to bear I had to go back to 112.5 mg.

What is going on, I’ve never dealt with drugs like this before and don’t know what’s going on and very bad care here, told hyperacusis ENT thing but ruled out but ignored. Hypnic jerks, sleep not great at all, panic so bad in morning feel in total trauma ptsd all time freeze mode. Treated so badly. No info given on anything when in hospital just ignored and wouldn’t wean me off clonazapam yet told me Im on addictive meds now for life! Can anyone help me on hyperacusis and what’s going on breathing at night and hypnic jerks. Breathing is separate than jerks, no in breath in deeper sleep stage.

I am at wits end and no life. Left without help. Clonazapam Now out of stock. I’m on it still what left .25mg trazadone and melatonin now might, wake up in horrors. Is it possibly to have withdrawals daily? If low dose? I’m so confused. Pharmacist said possible, my nervous system in total disarray. The 112 to 75 was too much. Too fast just cut fast. Any help on how to cut as tried opening beads out but even that hyperacusis was getting worse?

Please help me make sense of this all? Thank you. Is it trauma PTSD, withdrawals, as I am worse now than ever, do get some sleep which is good thing. But wake in horrors. All day panic attacks constantly no let up unless lying down. BP all over place. Get so weak. Have thyroid condition and period issues, fibroid and lot of blood loss monthly. Skin is so dry. Diarrhea all time, gastro issues, reflux. In such panic I just need some advice what May be going on? Thanks so much 

Edited by ChessieCat
added spacing

Zopiclone; Xanax 1mg; mogodon Dec 2021 to April 2022. Added Mirtrazapine for two weeks with 25 mcg Amitryptiline right after Mirtrazapine - stopped.  Then Sertraline 25 mg March 2022 for two weeks - still on Xanax and Zopiclone. Hospitalized and put on Effexor xr ven April 2022. Started 37.5 mg increased to 187.5 mg by June, dropped to 150 mg after 3 days. Given Trazadone 100 mg April 2022 at night with Phenergen and 1mg Clonazapam. Added 0.5 mg Clonazapam daytime, but caused drowsiness - dropped 0.5 mg daytime. On Clonazapam, Trazadone and Phenergen 25 mg from April to July 2022. April to current trying to wean Effexor ven xr July 2022 to current down to .25 Clonazapam from 1mg.

Replaced Phenergen with melatonin in July.

July to Aug 2022 Effexor xr down to 112.5 mg - in Sept dropped to 75 mg and reinstated to 112.5 mg. Feb 2023 reduced from 112.5 mg Effexor xr 10 101.5 mg.

At end of Jan 2023 given 5 mg liquid Prozac to add to Effexor - stopped Prozac after 4 days. Still on 100 mg Trazadone and 0.25 mg Clonazapam 

Eltroxin for thyroid since 2006 - taken in the AM.

Ruthie3's intro thread: Ruthie3: Intro

• ChessieCat changed the title to Ruthie3: Ms
  • Administrator

Welcome, @Ruthie3

Yes, you can get withdrawal symptoms from missing doses of your psychiatric drugs or taking them off-schedule. If you've been taking your drugs inconsistently for a long while, you may have been experiencing intermittent withdrawal symptoms that have become more severe over time.

This is a site for going off drugs, how may we help you?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

19 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, @Ruthie3

Yes, you can get withdrawal symptoms from missing doses of your psychiatric drugs or taking them off-schedule. If you've been taking your drugs inconsistently for a long while, you may have been experiencing intermittent withdrawal symptoms that have become more severe over time.

This is a site for going off drugs, how may we help you?

I am so confused what hyperacusis is from as worsening and all the different meds above, it got so bad when tried reduce Effexor and also when clonazapam reduced, only on .25mg a night, could this cause hyperacusis from both? Effexor was told reduce by 37.5 daily and did that from 150 and got worse and then another 37.5 and this was too painful the hyperacusis was extreme, but told to do that, caused so much pain in just 3 days, I had to go back up to 112.5. Is it known to have hyperacusis from this? Also how yo reduce properly? As I’m not getting correct advice. Can you also have Interdose withdrawals as each morning I am so panicked I can’t bear it? 

Thank you, hyperacusis just too much now, didn’t have anything near as bad when started 

Zopiclone; Xanax 1mg; mogodon Dec 2021 to April 2022. Added Mirtrazapine for two weeks with 25 mcg Amitryptiline right after Mirtrazapine - stopped.  Then Sertraline 25 mg March 2022 for two weeks - still on Xanax and Zopiclone. Hospitalized and put on Effexor xr ven April 2022. Started 37.5 mg increased to 187.5 mg by June, dropped to 150 mg after 3 days. Given Trazadone 100 mg April 2022 at night with Phenergen and 1mg Clonazapam. Added 0.5 mg Clonazapam daytime, but caused drowsiness - dropped 0.5 mg daytime. On Clonazapam, Trazadone and Phenergen 25 mg from April to July 2022. April to current trying to wean Effexor ven xr July 2022 to current down to .25 Clonazapam from 1mg.

July to Aug 2022 Effexor xr down to 112.5 mg - in Sept dropped to 75 mg and reinstated to 112.5 mg. Feb 2023 reduced from 112.5 mg Effexor xr 10 101.5 mg.

At end of Jan 2023 given 5 mg liquid Prozac to add to Effexor - stopped Prozac after 4 days. Still on 100 mg Trazadone and 0.25 mg Clonazapam 

• Administrator

I cannot follow what you've done. Did you just quit clonazepam? 

To help us out, follow these instructions Please summarize your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

Edited by ChessieCat
updated drug sig link

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

I have gotten down to 112.5mg of venalfaxine from 150mg, probably too fast cuts, hyperacusis, but I am wondering about the Prozac bridging as I tried to cut again to 75 and it was too much. I’m just learning about the bridging now, as I went back up and then tried 10% by bead counting and even that was too much. So now I am wondering how much to take of Prozac liquid, I don’t want to overdo serotonin, I have read the links on it, mentioning the trustee doctor, when you say go to 10mg of Prozac if on 150 or higher. Could I take less if on 112.5mg? Around how much? Also, how long to hold both? Is it one or two weeks? Not longer. Then do you totally cut the venalfaxine or still taper that slowly? Thanks @Altostrata🙏 I am a little confused. Wrongly put on it in first place. Doctors say cut and just deal with the effects! My nervous system has been through so much already. I am very sensitive to meds. One doc said take 5mg liquid Prozac but didn’t say how long to take it for or if you take both for a time then drop venalfaxine totally or if you slowly taper venalfaxine then? Thanks again just very confused 

• Moderator Emeritus

@Ruthie3

Please answer Alto's question and also create your drug signature as requested.  Thank you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus
6 hours ago, Ruthie3 said:

I have gotten down to 112.5mg of venalfaxine from 150mg, probably too fast cuts, hyperacusis, but I am wondering about the Prozac bridging as I tried to cut again to 75 and it was too much. I’m just learning about the bridging now, as I went back up and then tried 10% by bead counting and even that was too much. So now I am wondering how much to take of Prozac liquid, I don’t want to overdo serotonin, I have read the links on it, mentioning the trustee doctor, when you say go to 10mg of Prozac if on 150 or higher. Could I take less if on 112.5mg? Around how much? Also, how long to hold both? Is it one or two weeks? Not longer. Then do you totally cut the venalfaxine or still taper that slowly? Thanks @Altostrata🙏 I am a little confused. Wrongly put on it in first place. Doctors say cut and just deal with the effects! My nervous system has been through so much already. I am very sensitive to meds. One doc said take 5mg liquid Prozac but didn’t say how long to take it for or if you take both for a time then drop venalfaxine totally or if you slowly taper venalfaxine then? Thanks again just very confused 

This post has been moved from the Prozac Bridge topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator

Need that drug and withdrawal history. Just the last 3 years will do.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

@Ruthie3 Your signature is very hard to understand. It looks like you are dealing with a destabilized nervous system from a number of drug switches. 

Please post here in your introduction/update thread with the following information:

• What month and year did you start each of your drugs? Please list the drug names, doses, and what month and year you started taking them. 
  • For any drug you're no longer taking, what month and year did you stop? Please also list the dose you started and the dose you stopped with, if you have this information. 

Once you supply this information, I can add it to your signature and we can start discussing a game plan for getting you off these drugs. 

• Moderator Emeritus
@Ruthie3We received your email with a narrative of your drug history. I think I've now got a better list for your signature.

Please see the below and let me know if this is correct. If so, I'll add it to your signature. If there are any corrections, please post. 

December 2020 - April 2021: Xanax 1mg 
March 2022: mirtazapine for 2 weeks, amitriptyline 25 mg, Xanax, Zopiclone
April 2022: in hospital - Effexor 37.5, clonazepam 1 mg, reduced to clonazepam .25 mg
June 2022: Effexor increased to 187.5 mg and then reduced to 150 XR, Trazadone 100 mg, phenergen
July - August 2022: reduced Effexor to 112.5 mg and then 75 mg
September 2022: increased back up 112.5 mg Effexor
January 2023: Prozac 5 mg liquid added for 4 days and then stopped
February - March 5, 2023:  reduced Effexor from 112.5 to 101.5mg
Current drugs: Effexor 101.5 mg, Trazadone 100 mg, clonazepam .25 mg, melatonin, Eltroxin for thyroid (since 2006)

Edited by Shep
added information for December 2020

• Shep changed the title to Ruthie3: Intro
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I’m still suffering so badly on Effexor xr, I have tapered slowly bead counting and severe withdrawals, I am trying to find info on changing to citralopram and others insights or if that is possible as direct switch? Just for longer half life. I’m having Interdose no matter what I do. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Previous post moved to your intro topic to keep your history all in one place.  Please post questions and discussion about your situation in this one thread, to avoid confusion and duplication of efforts.  Thank you.  

You were asked a few weeks ago about your drug history being correct in the previous post. Please verify this, so we can post it in your signature. We can help you and give you the best advice only if we have complete information about your drug history in your signature.  See below, and verify if this is correct: 

On 3/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, Shep said:
December 2020 - April 2021: Xanax 1mg 
March 2022: mirtazapine for 2 weeks, amitriptyline 25 mg, Xanax, Zopiclone
April 2022: in hospital - Effexor 37.5, clonazepam 1 mg, reduced to clonazepam .25 mg
June 2022: Effexor increased to 187.5 mg and then reduced to 150 XR, Trazadone 100 mg, phenergen
July - August 2022: reduced Effexor to 112.5 mg and then 75 mg
September 2022: increased back up 112.5 mg Effexor
January 2023: Prozac 5 mg liquid added for 4 days and then stopped
February - March 5, 2023:  reduced Effexor from 112.5 to 101.5mg
Current drugs: Effexor 101.5 mg, Trazadone 100 mg, clonazepam .25 mg, melatonin, Eltroxin for thyroid (since 2006)

Doing a bridge from one drug to another is very risky when your nervous system is already destabilized.  We don't suggest this.  See this post by Shep, one of our senior staff: 

On 7/7/2022 at 6:09 AM, Shep said:

Crossovers aren't recommended for people who are already destabilized. Once the nervous system is destabilized, crossovers are very risky. 

If anything, you could split your dose up and take it several times per day if you are indeed suffering from interdose withdrawal.  Please read this topic on interdose withdrawal: 

Dose Splitting for Interdose Withdrawal

I would suggest that you keep a daily drug/symptom journal to see if this is really what is going on:  

Keep track of taking your drug, symptoms, eating, sleeping, etc.  Write the time on the left, and describe the event on the right.  Pay attention especially to how you feel before, and then after, you take your drug. Please do this for 24 hours, and post an entry in here for each 24 hour period.  Here is an example: 

January 31, 2023

6 AM woke with anxiety

8 am took 2.5 mg lexapro

10 am stomach is upset

10:30 am ate breakfast

11:35 am got a headache, lasted one hour

12:35 ate lunch

4 pm feel a bit better

5 pm took 2.5 mg lexapro

6 pm ate dinner

9:20 pm headache 

10:00 pm took 50 mg Seroquel

10:30 pm feeling dizzy

10:30 pm fell asleep 

2:30 am woke, took 3 mg Ambien

2:45 am fell asleep

4:30 am woke, but got back to sleep 

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Administrator
On 3/27/2023 at 5:20 AM, Ruthie3 said:

Hi All, I’m still suffering so badly on Effexor xr, I have tapered slowly bead counting and severe withdrawals, I am trying to find info on changing to citralopram and others insights or if that is possible as direct switch? Just for longer half life. I’m having Interdose no matter what I do. 

@Ruthie3 what drug changes have you made since March 3?

Hi there, I’ve reduced by another 16 beads so down to approx 97.5mg of venalfaxine xl, I have split dose as withdrawals so bad I would be wide awake from 2am, so I’m taking around 60mg morning and 37.5 in evening to stop this. But still I feel so awful and awful body jolts and jerks and light flashes in head, my nerves are all flared up until meds back into system and then I go wild I have to move. Is numbness of body all over from the prozac mess up or can withdrawals cause full body numbness too? Thanks you I’m so traumatised by it all and being told I must drop in 3 weeks all of venalfaxine and that is that, a few Valium will help for two wks only? 

• Mentor

@Ruthie3  Oh Ruthie, you are in a  bind.  The doctors have really messed you up.  So many drug changes it's left your nervous system in a bad place.

Please try not to panic....Slowly look over what the mod are telling/asking.  I know how hard that is to do when your thoughts are all over the place and you do not feel good.....But you must stop and take charge of things.... My guess is you are going to have to make some decisions on how to proceed.

stop making changes and let the mods look over everything.  Making changes  or adding subtracting anything new now is going to add to your upset nervous system.

Please  take a deep breath and know that you can work your way through this...You are stronger then you think.....You can do this🌞 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/24894-greatful-is-this-withdrawal-or-to-many-med-changes-at-once/

1995? Prozac,  tried several Paxil, Serzone, St John's Wart back to Prozac and Trazodone ct:d Traz

Lexapro. Tried to stop Crash in 2015  Kindled   Hospitalized, Vybrid, Seroquel, Effexor, Abilify  Pristiq, Wellbutrin-- 2016  ended back on   Prozac and Lamictal 200mg

5/2020  thru 12/2020 taper from 20mg  Prozac  down to 3mg.  Crashed  12/13/2020 Zoloft 50mg 1/29ct  1/29/2021 Seroquel 50mg ct  2/12/2021 Wellbutrin 75mg.  Became hypo manic 2/1  6ct Trazodone 50mg 4/25  25mg 2/5/ 2021 Lamictal 150mg.  2/24  100mg   4/9  75mg   4/21 37.5 

2/16/2021 Seroquel 50xr  3/3 100mg  3/17  150mg  side effects ct   4/3 2021 Lexapro 5mg  4/14  7.5mg  4/30 10mg  5/10  7.5mg 

2021/ 5/16  5mg Lexapro   37.5 Lamictal   25mg trazadone,   xanax  .0625mg  3x a day   

Lexapro  Taper> Sept/01/2021  4.90mg>  Sept/25  4.75mg>   Oct/19 4.69mg > Nov/14 4.2mg    Jan/30/2022-- Split dosing 2x a day All liquid  4.2mg  (2.20mg at 8am & 2mg at 4pm) 2/17 4mg>  2/24  3.8mg  slow taper to  Aug/12/2022 2.04mg  2023> 2mg,  1.90mg, 1.80mg, 1.70mg, 1.5mg, 1.4mg, 1.3mg 1.2mg, 1.1mg, 1mg, 0.9mg, 0.8mg, 0.7mg 0.65mg, 0.6mg, 0.55mg, 0.5mg, 0.45mg, 0.4mg, 0.35mg, 0.3mg, 0.25,mg, back to once a day dosing 0 .1mg, 0.07mg , 0.05mg 4/1/2024   0

Lamictal  taper  4/17/ 2022 25mg, 9/9/ 22 -20mg, 9/25/22- 15mg , 10/20/22-   0

Trazodone..2023.>down to 14mg, 7mg, 6mg  July 2023   

Xanax  0.0625mgai 3 x a day,  2023>  0.042mgai 3x a day  2024> 0.034mgai 3x a day >0.03mgaix3=.09mgai

Supplements  Magnesium glycinate, Omega 3, D3, vitamin c , zinc, NAC 

• Administrator

@Ruthie3 please do not make any more drug changes. We cannot tell what's going on without knowing the context. Please post daily notes as requested by @getofflex

On 3/28/2023 at 5:27 AM, getofflex said:

Keep track of taking your drug, symptoms, eating, sleeping, etc.  Write the time on the left, and describe the event on the right.  Pay attention especially to how you feel before, and then after, you take your drug. Please do this for 24 hours, and post an entry in here for each 24 hour period.  Here is an example: 

January 31, 2023

6 AM woke with anxiety

8 am took 2.5 mg lexapro

10 am stomach is upset

10:30 am ate breakfast

11:35 am got a headache, lasted one hour

12:35 ate lunch

4 pm feel a bit better

5 pm took 2.5 mg lexapro

6 pm ate dinner

9:20 pm headache 

10:00 pm took 50 mg Seroquel

10:30 pm feeling dizzy

10:30 pm fell asleep 

2:30 am woke, took 3 mg Ambien

2:45 am fell asleep

4:30 am woke, but got back to sleep 

• 2 months later...

Title: Hypnic jerks

Hi All, 

sorry to annoy you, I’m off all Effexor day 15 today, I’m never sure how to update my profile. But last couple of mornings I’m having hypnic jerks and breathing type ones too, I do have low blood pressure and nerve issues from damage from these meds overstimulated my system when bad bridge done prozac in particular but had jerks in past when given mirtrazapine and Xanax and on and off fast, didn’t know what was happening, why was put into psych hospital as couldn’t sleep and was told needed go in, if only I knew. 

Okay so I’m still on 0.25 clonazapam at night and 100mg trazodone 

off all Effexor now and they started just last few mornings when wake can’t get back asleep, wonder if it’s night meds causing them if worn off or Effexor or what? I’m so confused and it’s so traumatic as cannot sleep during day due to this but it’s back and had in past, was wrongly put on Effexor due to sleep issues, does this go or what helps with it? Thank you 

Edited by Shep
added title after moving from another thread

• Moderator Emeritus

@Ruthie3 Please note I moved your post from another thread and placed it in your intro/update thread.

Please continue posting questions about your taper here. 

9 minutes ago, Ruthie3 said:

I’m off all Effexor day 15 today, I’m never sure how to update my profile.

A direct link to your signature is here:

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

Information on hypnic jerks is here:

Hypnic / hypnagogic jerks when falling asleep

When did you stop Effexor? What dose did you stop at? 

On 10/12/2022 at 10:17 PM, Ruthie3 said:

Hi there,

I have been through polydrug hell, suffered insomnia after medical shock then given host of sleep meds but believe they caused paradoxical breathing or possibly withdrawals maybe from mix, was given zolpiclone and Xanax and no in breath when going into deeper sleep and would wake constantly? Has anyone experienced this? Continued and given mirtrazapine at morning time!

Then amitriptyline which caused urinary retention stopped both, no sleep still so kept on Xanax and zopiclone, then stopped and the same scenario no in breath? If anyone knows what this is? I was then given Xanax to keep me asleep, never more than 1mg ar night only, would you have withdrawals from that if just at night? Panic attacks as no sleep only an hour or so, myoclonus, can’t sleep during day time jerks hypnic. Then started sertraline and hyperacusis started and Xanax still. Then went to psych hospital as wasn’t sure what was happening? Was treated horrifically told agitated depression, never had depression in life, we thing misdiagnosed badly, by power tripping psych as I challenged that. Given Effexor, then clonazapam at night 1mg kept pushing Effexor up, no benefit.

I was so worried as they were leaving me on clonazapam, I was only taking at night, day was cut cold Turkey as I was too sleepy. No weaning. Then told take more at night! But got trazadone added 100mg and cut clonazapam to .5 from 1mg, hyperacusis back as had gone but worse than when went in! Effexor pushed up more, phergen added night and clonazapam cut to .25mg from .5mg, Effexor up at 150mg, hyperacusis unbelievable now! Odd as if was depression should the Effexor now get rid of hyperacusis? No benefit. Then told take more, 187 and I couldn’t sleep at all. Myoclonus so bad. Was left even though had bruising everywhere ignored amongst so many other symptoms panic attacks so bad, let out as insurance up, left in lurch, cut to 150 Effexor then 112 and hyperacusis worsening. Got public psych but she said thinks misdiagnosed but no disgnosis and said cut Effexor to 75 and hyperacusis was too much to bear I had to go back to 112.5 mg.

What is going on, I’ve never dealt with drugs like this before and don’t know what’s going on and very bad care here, told hyperacusis ENT thing but ruled out but ignored. Hypnic jerks, sleep not great at all, panic so bad in morning feel in total trauma ptsd all time freeze mode. Treated so badly. No info given on anything when in hospital just ignored and wouldn’t wean me off clonazapam yet told me Im on addictive meds now for life! Can anyone help me on hyperacusis and what’s going on breathing at night and hypnic jerks. Breathing is separate than jerks, no in breath in deeper sleep stage.

I am at wits end and no life. Left without help. Clonazapam Now out of stock. I’m on it still what left .25mg trazadone and melatonin now might, wake up in horrors. Is it possibly to have withdrawals daily? If low dose? I’m so confused. Pharmacist said possible, my nervous system in total disarray. The 112 to 75 was too much. Too fast just cut fast. Any help on how to cut as tried opening beads out but even that hyperacusis was getting worse?

Please help me make sense of this all? Thank you. Is it trauma PTSD, withdrawals, as I am worse now than ever, do get some sleep which is good thing. But wake in horrors. All day panic attacks constantly no let up unless lying down. BP all over place. Get so weak. Have thyroid condition and period issues, fibroid and lot of blood loss monthly. Skin is so dry. Diarrhea all time, gastro issues, reflux. In such panic I just need some advice what May be going on? Thanks so much 

I have been off all Effexor 15 days now, getting bad hypnic jerks, still on trazadone 100 and Clonazapam 0.25 at night. But jerks bad when wake can’t get back into sleep. Has anyone had this and does it go? I’m so confused and not sure what’s what thanks 

last 15 days june 2023

Did direct switch as had tapered Effexor to 75 but couldn’t handle anymore as was in Interdose wd as was always on it.

Did direct switch to celexa 

still had wd and celexa was too stimulating had to taper that too

so off everything 7 days 

bad hypnic breathing and jerks last few mornings

still on trazodone 100 at night

clonazapam 0.25 night since last year 

what is going on and do they pass is it withdrawals, not sure if from night meds or from Effexor? 

• Administrator
On 4/1/2023 at 3:05 AM, Altostrata said:

@Ruthie3 please do not make any more drug changes. We cannot tell what's going on without knowing the context. Please post daily notes as requested by @getofflex

@Ruthie3 what drug changes have you made since April 1?